SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- The Exorcist Files. Podcasts about real cases.
- Daily Rome Shot 647
- Benedict XVI said that he abdicated because of insomnia
- Fr Z’s Kitchen: Hardwear and soft-fare.
- Daily Rome Shot 646 with Friday appropriate fare
- Responses to Card. McElroy’s essay in Jesuit-run Amerika
- Daily Rome Shot 645 and an Action Item!
- ASK FATHER: How do you argue with extreme fringe trads that the Novus Ordo is valid?
- Daily Rome Shot 645 – Obsculta, O fili, praecepta magistri!
- Daily Rome Shot 644 with overload
- You might be able to improve the preaching in your parish and change a priest’s life. Wherein Fr. Z suggests.
- Daily Rome Shot 643 & inspirational video
- ASK FATHER: Am I cooperating with evil in my job by changing generic “he” on forms to gender neutral terms?
- Daily Rome Shot 642
- 3rd Sunday after Epiphany: “‘Vengeance is YOURS’, saith the Lord!” No… wait… that’s not how it goes. CROSS-POSTED
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 3rd Sunday after Epiphany (N.O.: 3rd Ord) 2023
- ASK FATHER: I don’t believe Francis is really the Pope. Is it a sin to go to Mass where his name is mentioned?
- Diocese of Cheyenne: “Welcome!”
- Daily Rome Shot 641
- ASK FATHER: Pagan amulet for protection
- Daily Rome Shot 640 and MORE Requiem for Card. Pell in Rome
- Daily Rome Shot 639 and a Requiem for Card. Pell in Rome
- Concerning the Antichrist, the End Times, the Restrainer, and YOU. Wherein Fr. Z rants: Save The Liturgy – Save The World
- ASK FATHER: Francis said priests must NEVER deny absolution. True? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Rise in “deaths of despair” and loss of religion
- Daily Rome Shot 638
- ROME – 19 January 2023: Pontifical Requiem for Card. Pell (TLM)
- ASK FATHER: Retreat for women with the TLM
- Daily Rome Shot 637
- ASK FATHER: Heretic priest
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 4 December 2009
A kind reader recently sent me a bag of Mystic Monk coffee beans. I tried it this morning. This is "Hermit’s Bold Blend". I will have to try a stronger batch tomorrow. I like a pretty sturdy brew. This was … Read More
From CNA with emphases and comments: Holy See endorses study analyzing priests’ use of internet Rome, Italy, Dec 4, 2009 / 03:01 pm (CNA).- An international research project is attempting to discover how priests perceive and use the internet. [It’ll … Read More
I have never before seen the blog of His Excellency Most Rev. Terence Prendergast, Archbishop of Ottawa, but I think I will return. This is a guy after my own blogging heart. First, I remember reports from a friend of … Read More
From a reader: I just wanted to let you know a bit of good news, I served for the first time at a sung TLM this evening at SS Gregory & Augustine Church in Oxford, England. We have so many … Read More
For you who are into photography. What software are you using to edit or to create?
I want to direct your attention to an interview on Minnesota Public Radio with the Archbishop of St. Paul and Minneapolis, His Excellency Most Rev. John Nienstedt. He is interviewed about health care reform and the increasingly audible role of … Read More
I was away for a while. Boy, are they glad I’m back! Where ya’ been? Success! Junco. GOT FEED? They eat by your donations! Thanks for your help in the past.
A little humor…
From America Magazine with my emphases and comments. I have a "modest proposal" at the end. The piece was written by Fr. Michael G. Ryan, Rector of St. James Cathedral in Seattle, WA. Here is something about him from the … Read More
From a reader: Dear Father,allow me to bring to your (and your readers’) attention a Solemn High Mass (EF) to be celebrated this Sunday, Dec. 6, 2:00pm, at Holy Spirit Church in Lantana, FL. This will be the first such … Read More
A reader sent the following: Could you be so kind as to take one minute and send an email card (see below) to the men and women serving our country? It’s so difficult being away from home anytime but especially … Read More
On the site of National Public Radio there is an audio story about the fact that strong Catholic bishop are beginning to regain their voice in the public square. My emphases and comments: On Social Issues, Bishops Flex Political Muscle … Read More
His Hermeneuticalness, the great Fr. Finigan, who would be a very good choice as a bishop, posted this about the resignation about his own ordinary, Kevin McDonald, Archbishop of Southwark. The Holy Father has accepted the resignation from the pastoral … Read More
An alert reader noticed the following on the Vatican’s website: 24 Thursday Solemnity of the Birth of Our Lord Vatican Basilica, at 22.00 CAPPELLA PAPALE Midnight Mass Interesting.