Was there a good point made in the sermon you heard during your Mass to fulfill your Sunday Obligation?
Let us know.
For my part, I was deacon for a Solemn Mass. I heard five Aquinas’ five points about the wicked, ungrateful servant in the parable, whose debt was forgiven but then who throttles the first fellow servant he runs into (Matt 18:23-25).
1) The shortness of time. He punishes his fellow servant as soon as he leaves the King’s mercy.
2) Sanctimony. He was humble with the King but prideful with the fellow servant.
3) Unkindness. How horribly he treated his fellow servant.
4) Insignificance. The fellow servant owed him an insignificant sum, compared to his own debt.
5) Cruelty. He treats his fellow servant with extreme harshness.
How often do we seek forgiveness from God and then right away fall again. And yet God in His mercy forgives those who ASK for mercy.