Card. Müller: “we must resist” the hostile takeover of the Church

The other day I saw in a dreadful video something really alarming in regard to the Synodal (“walking together”) process.  The implication was that the Holy Spirit will change the Church and the Church’s doctrines because the Holy Spirit will listen to the process.

That’s bad.

Have a listen to Card. Müller with Raymond Arroyo.  He is dead on target.

His comment about the head of the Synod (“walking together”) Card. Grech is spot on (after 6:05).   Someone ought to make a transcript of this interview.

This entry was posted in Synod and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Comments

1. Gab says:

It astounds me that the majority of Cardinals and Bishops have shown they are in opposition to what His Emmenice has said.

“The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the Church in
    such a way that one will see cardinals opposing cardinals, bishops
    against bishops. The priests who venerate me will be scorned and
    opposed by their confreres…churches and altars sacked; the
    Church will be full of those who accept compromises and the demon
    will press many priests and consecrated souls to leave the service
    of the Lord.

The demon will be especially implacable against souls consecrated
    to God. The thought of the loss of so many souls is the cause of
    my sadness. If sins increase in number and gravity, there will be
    no longer pardon for them” – Our Lady of Akita, 13 October 1973.

2. TheCavalierHatherly says:

I recall that, recently, Pope Francis decided to quote St. Vincent of Lerins. Perhaps I should do the same “…while human superstitions are being brought in to supplant heavenly doctrine, while well established antiquity is being subverted by wicked novelty, while the institutions of former ages are being set at naught, while the decrees of our fathers are being rescinded, while the determinations of our ancestors are being torn in pieces, the lust of profane and novel curiosity refuses to restrict itself within the most chaste limits of hallowed and uncorrupt antiquity?”

“In the Catholic Church itself, all possible care must be taken, that we hold that faith which has been believed everywhere, always, by all. For that is truly and in the strictest sense Catholic, which, as the name itself and the reason of the thing declare, comprehends all universally. This rule we shall observe if we follow universality, antiquity, consent. We shall follow universality if we confess that one faith to be true, which the whole Church throughout the world confesses; antiquity, if we in no wise depart from those interpretations which it is manifest were notoriously held by our holy ancestors and fathers; consent, in like manner, if in antiquity itself we adhere to the consentient definitions and determinations of all, or at the least of almost all priests and doctors.”

3. KSC says:

May God bless Cardinal Muller! We all should all be very afraid and must pray for our One, Holy, Catholic Church!

4. Geoffrey says:

God bless Cardinal Müller, and other cardinals and bishops like him. They need to band together and raise their voices. I understand how uneasy it is to openly criticize the Pope, to be accused of schism, etc., but the orthodox faithful need to hear this…

5. Benedict Joseph says:

I am saddened to say that I found this interview astonishing. Why do I say that? Because I witnessed a member of the episcopate plainly and boldly hold accountable those who foster an enterprise gone mad. We know that there are those few other watchmen who have attempted to sound the alarm, but Cardinal Müller does stand out in ecclesiastical stature, intellect and devotion. His voice cannot help but be heard and it should embolden other members of the episcopate to confront Peter to his face.
    The truth is plainly visible and those of us who compose the laity and have been saying for years what Cardinal Müller has affirmed can no longer fear we provide inadequate deference to authority illegitimately exercised, nor should any member of the clergy or religious. The Mystical Body of Christ is being brutalized deliberately by those who are charged to cherish it. More hirelings than shepherds are to be found in every facet of the episcopate. It will no longer be veiled.
    This could be a moment such as Cardinal Ratzinger provided when he called out the dictatorship of relativism. Will the episcopate lend their ear and exhibit any degree of courage? I will hope but I am hesitant. The deficiency of manly fortitude I perceive among those who should be serving as our spiritual fathers is frightening on the deepest level.
    The enemy is within in more ways than one, but we can congratulate Raymond Arroyo and EWTN for providing a venue for this cry in the wilderness to be heard. Mother Angelica is proud indeed. And God reward you Father Z for highlighting this most significant interview which could otherwise be missed.

6. Orual says:

I’m very disturbed that the Bishops use the term ‘LGBTQ+’ in their document. They’re making a huge mistake by going along with the idea that people are defined by their sexual proclivities. There are no ‘LGBTQ+’ persons. There are only men and women, afflicted with different sins and crosses to bear, who are made in God’s image and likeness. The Bishops need to stop being ‘woke’ and start being Shepherds.

7. Cornelius says:

This is all very well on Cardinal Müller’s part, but it strikes me as rather too little and too late. We’re – what? – 9 years into this egregious “pontificate” and he’s now calling for resistance? The entire body of Cardinals should have risen in revolt at the first drafts of Amoris Laetitia . . . and we’re waaaay beyond that now.

I thought the red color of their Cardinal robes was meant to indicate their willingness to spill their blood in defense of the Faith, but virtually none of them seems willing to endure even a bit of discomfort (like, say, some negative press from the Cathleft).

It’s just shameful – such cravenness.

8. Maelwys says:

I was disappointed that His Eminence punted on the weather dementia. The Church absolutely has clear guidance expressed by St. Thomas that the entire material universe isn’t worth one human soul, (and I doubt the saint never used hyperbole in his life). Everything else from the argument can be ordered from there. That’s exactly how the Church is supposed to enter in to that public argument—that they haven’t is cowardly and sinful, and that His Eminence demurred as well is unfortunate.

9. Robbie says:

I’m very happy high-ranking prelates within the Church are aware of the aims and goals of the synodal process. Unfortunately, the time to stand up to these forces was the 2013 Conclave. If a pope, his advisors, and their media advocates are determined to permanently and fundamentally change certain aspects of the faith, I’m not sure what can be done to stop them.

10. Danteewoo says:

I am very fortunate — excellent Mass options, one of the better bishops. But how to resist Francis? When I listen to him, it’s just to criticize. And Akita says that cardinals will oppose cardinals, bishops will oppose bishops. Where is this happening? I wish it were.

11. TheCavalierHatherly says:

@Robbie

“Unfortunately, the time to stand up to these forces was the 2013 Conclave.”

What would you expect the Cardinal to do? Lunge across the aisle of the Sistine Chapel at the candidate with a knife clenched in his mouth? It’s an electoral process requiring a 2/3 majority. And if you lose, going around in a red biretta that has “Not my Pontiff” printed on it in white capital letters, before he even does anything, isn’t exactly a sane response to reality.

The Papacy is not the American presidency.

“If a pope, his advisors, and their media advocates are determined to permanently and fundamentally change certain aspects of the faith, I’m not sure what can be done to stop them”

I’d be more worried about the Pharoah of Egypt and a thousand war chariots, yet somehow the Church made it through that too. Pope Francis isn’t actually in charge, even if he thinks he is. God is in charge.

12. Pingback: SVNDAY EDITION – Big Pulpit