SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Broken Wheels, Mystical Nuptials, Lunar Landscapes, and a Funny Nickname
- Daily Rome Shot 590, etc.
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 27 November ’22 – 1st Sunday of Advent
- Daily Rome Shot 589, etc.
- ACTION ITEM! URGENT PRAYER SUGGESTION! Archbp. Carroll’s “Prayer for Government”
- Daily Rome Shot 588, etc.
- A zwischenzug
- Daily Rome Shot 587, etc.
- Daily Rome Shot 586, etc.
- ASK FATHER: A vision and promise from a “archangel”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 24th and Last Sunday after Pentecost (Christ the King – N.O.)
- DIEBUS SALTEM DOMINICIS – 24th and Last Sunday after Pentecost
- NEW chant albums by Benedictines – Gower Abbey and Clear Creek
- Daily Rome Shot 585, etc.
- Daily Rome Shot 584, etc.
- ACTION ITEM! I printed a copy of de Souza’s commentary to a PDF and saved it.
- ASK FATHER: Transplant of organ from a person who was a satanist or practitioner of witchcraft, etc.
- WDTPRS – 18 Nov – Dedication of the Basilicas of St. Peter and of St. Paul
- “If the Eucharistic Revival doesn’t address these…”
- Daily Rome Shot 583, etc.
- ASK FATHER: Our bishop refuses to consecrate sacred vessels. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- The USCCB elections viewed from the ‘c’atholic side
- Chicago: Cathedral Rosary Rally for the restoration of the TLM interrupted by an assault
- Daily Rome Shot 581, etc.
- A Jesuit saint, Jesuits not-so-much saints, and prayers
- Daily Rome Shot 582, etc.
- Flying Padre Pio stopped bombers during WW2
- Manifestations of total madness (aka Motus in fine velocior)
- Advent 2022 is but a fortnight away! Fathers, do you have your 2022-23 Ordo yet for the Vetus Ordo?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 23rd Sunday after Pentecost (33rd Ordinary – N.O.)
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: ordinations
But remember… the problem is the Traditional Latin Mass! If only we could shut it down, the seminaries would fill up again. Right? The average age of a priest in the United States is 67. The large ordination classes of … Read More
In once-Catholic Austria, now female altarettes outnumber male servers. HERE Nearly a quarter century after the practice of female altar servers became licit, 55% of Austria’s 45,000 altar servers are girls, according to statistics published by the Archdiocese of Vienna. … Read More
Do you have some good news to report? We could use some. Here is some good news… well… it’s also bad news. I guess it depends on your perspective. One Quarter of Ordinations in France Belong to the Tridentine Rite … Read More
I have in the past mentioned the Opus Bono Sacerdotii which is dedicated to helping priests who are in trouble. This is an organization which deserves support. That said, I saw a fine statistic on their Facebook page. 595 … Read More
It was a quick trip, too quick, but duty calls. As I leave Kansas City, I thank my amiable hosts, whose son was, today, ordained a deacon. They always try to provide the best for the weary clerical guest. Thanks … Read More
Here is something useful from Ed “the academic” Peters. NOTE TO BISHOPS and ORDINANDS: It would be great were you to make this known to people before the opportunity has passed! Consider putting a note about this things in the … Read More
First, we learn that SSPX Bp. Williamson, convicted in absentia in a German court for denying the WWII “Holocaust” (a crime in Germany), has appealed his conviction and fine of €10,000. Next, we learn that the Holy See’s spokesman, Fr. … Read More
From a reader: First, thank you so much for the work you do each day on your blog, in your articles, and everything else you do in your ministry. I know it gives constant support and inspiration to many. A … Read More