SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- hwriggles4 on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: “Here’s a story about my dad I have to share: My grandfather was being assigned to the Philippines after WWII.…”
- TheCavalierHatherly on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: “On the other hand, I grew up in the 90s. I didn’t have many friends, and not none at all…”
- PostCatholic on Daily Rome Shot 708: Dalmatic Bling Opportunity: “Are the cords and tassels meant to symbolize something, or are they just ornamental?”
- L. on Unintentional good advice.: “It has never made sense to me that the Bishops want to renew belief in the Real Presence, but, in…”
- JonPatrick on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: “I think there was a big change after WW2 when people moved out of the city to the suburbs. There…”
- giveglory on Daily Rome Shot 710: “I just started reading “Crucifixion to Creation”. I love Fr. Mawdsley!”
- jflare29 on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: ““…Dad went to work and mom stayed home.” That was the first thing that came to mind for me, too.”
- JabbaPapa on ASK FATHER… ASK EVERYONE: Find recording of Archbp. Léonard imitating different regional Latin pronunciations: “Ipsitilla : Not sure if it’s helpful, but the Youtube channel belongs to Joël Devillet, and the original title of…”
- jaykay on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: “Over here, on t’other side of the Pond, there were sulphur-headed matches, the heads of which which could be scraped…”
- FRLBJ on ASK FATHER… ASK EVERYONE: Find recording of Archbp. Léonard imitating different regional Latin pronunciations: “It was reported to me that for the liturgy, the Roman (Italian) pronunciation must be used since Vatican I specified…”
- Kathleen10 on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: “Oh my gosh, I can’t resist, memories are flooding. hwriggles4 – right, quarry jumping, we did that. I didn’t, but…”
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf on Unintentional good advice.: “I think the original point is that the writer doesn’t know how to spell TONG.”
- Cornelius on Unintentional good advice.: “I’m trying to figure out the context for that sign. I assume they mean Ask for a loaf, don’t grab…”
- hwriggles4 on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: “Anyone here remember the community pool (or a swimming hole on the lake) having at least a 3 meter high…”
- Shonkin on TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s: “I also remember that every summer during the 40’s and early 50’s lots of kids died and many more were…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Pope Benedict XVI on Corpus Christi processions and a rant from Fr. Z
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-06- 01 – Trinity Sunday
- Daily Rome Shot 711
- Unintentional good advice.
- Daily Rome Shot 710
- TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930’s, 40’s and 50’s
- Daily Rome Shot 709: QGA
- There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments.
- Daily Rome Shot 708: Dalmatic Bling Opportunity
- ASK FATHER… ASK EVERYONE: Find recording of Archbp. Léonard imitating different regional Latin pronunciations
- Daily Rome Shot 707 and cool stuff
- WDTPRS – Trinity Sunday: Are you beautiful at Mass?
- REPOST ASK FATHER: How to make a “Trinitini” Martini for Trinity Sunday and avoid committing heresy?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: Trinity Sunday 2023
- ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM
- “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!
- Pentecost Saturday: We Are Our Rites.
- How to view the SSPX.
- Pentecost Friday: You are our stretcher bearers.
- ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile
- Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.
- Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection
- ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.
- Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Monday: from bondage, freedom – from anxiety, peace
- ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST
- ROME 23/05 – Day 28: Pentecost Sunday
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s fabric, the warp and the weft
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023
- ROME 23/05 – Day 27: I can’t help it.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: poll
2017 CROTALUS POLL!
It is customary on Holy Thursday, after the jubilant Gloria introduction, to stop ringing bells in church during the Triduum and, instead, use some kind of clacking or ratchet noisemaker called a crotalus in Latin. More on those HERE. Here’s a poll. At … Read More
POLL: 2017 #AshWednesday Ashes and You
Lent is an important season in the yearly cycle of a Catholic Christian’s life. The inclination toward a feeling of obligation is laudable. The desire to begin the spiritual war of Lent by marking it with ashes is good. Nevertheless, people … Read More
POLL: Did you see Rose vestments on “Gaudete” Sunday 2016?
Here is a little poll for your 3rd Sunday of Advent, Gaudete. Please choose an answer and add a comment in the combox. Anyone can vote, but only registered members can comment. UPDATE: Here are the new rose vestments in … Read More
FOLLOW UP POLL: 26 Sept 2016 – Trump v Clinton
We had a poll before the 26 September debate. I had a pre-debate post (with food) HERE. Did the debate change anything? Was there anything that happened during the debate that moved the needle for you? And… Anyone can vote, … Read More
URGENT POLL – 26 Sept 2016 – Trump v Clinton Debate
PLEASE SHARE THE POLLS WIDELY! A great deal hangs on the outcome of tonight’s presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton (boooooooo). I, for one, would vote for the corpse of Millard Fillmore to keep the later out of … Read More
POLL: For whom will you vote in the 2016 Presidential Election?
I’m curious. How are you denizens of these USA (who can vote legally) leaning right now regarding the upcoming presidential election. Make your best choice. If you wish to comment, the combox is open to registered and approved participants here. … Read More
ACTION ITEM! Survey on Deaconettes! Please help.
In the wake of Pope Francis mentioning a “study” about deaconettes (which I think was already done – but, as they say, “Quis sum ego ut iudicem.”) one of you alert readers alerted me to a survey that the women’s … Read More
POLLS: Holy Thursday Foot Washing – What happened where you are?
This year for the first time it is licit that women’s feet be washing during the entirely optional “Mandatum” in the Mass of the Lord’s Supper, Holy Thursday. NB: Before this year, those who were doing so, did so in violation … Read More
POLL – VIDEO: Should there be a basic quiz before you are given a ballot?
We are in soooo much trouble. We let these kids vote! Look what the education system as accomplished. Yes, that video is from 2014. Does anyone think that the situation has improved in the meantime? Basic civics… history… gone. Could … Read More
POLL: #AshWednesday Ashes and You
Some people are under the impression that Ash Wednesday is a Holy Day of Obligation. It is not. Lent is an important season in the yearly cycle of a Catholic Christian’s life. The inclination toward a feeling of obligation is … Read More
Pope Francis to play himself in a movie… uh huh. POLL
UPDATE 2 Feb: See below… ____ ORIGINAL Published on: Feb 1, 2016 From Variety (not The Onion… not Eye of the Tiber): Pope Francis will play himself in the new religious movie “Beyond the Sun,” marking his acting debut and the first … Read More
POLL: Gaudete Sunday Vestments
Yesterday was Gaudete Sunday. In the Roman, Latin Rite we could wear Rose vestments for Holy Mass and for celebration of the Hours. What color were the vestments you saw this year?
POLL: My plans for Pope Francis’ new encyclical ‘Laudato si”
A reader sent some questions for a poll. Let’s see what the reaction is. Yes, I know there are other possible answers, but choose the best here and then use the combox to explain. Registered, approved users my post … Read More
UPDATED! POLL(S): 2015 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
UPDATE 10 April Alas, I ran into a problem. I found that once I “stickyed” this post to the top of the blog page, I couldn’t un-sticky it after that. Thus, I had to transfer the content to a new … Read More
Comments Off on UPDATED! POLL(S): 2015 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
ACTION ITEM! POLL ALERT! Wisconsin Judge strikes down law requiring abortion docs to have hospital privileges
At the Milwaukee Wisconsin Journal Sentinel there is a poll about a recent decision of a federal judge (an Obama appointee, probably raised Catholic HERE) to strike down a law requiring that doctors performing abortions (aka infanticide) also have admitting privileges … Read More
POLL: St. Blaise Day Blessing of Throats
Today we traditionally have the blessing of throats in honor of St. Blaise. Since yesterday was Candlemas it is logical to associate the blessing with candles. Did you receive a St. Blaise Day blessing of the throat? The combox … Read More
ACTION ITEM – POLL – Card. Burke on Church becoming “feminized” UPDATE
Over Crux, the same-sex union between the Fishwrap and the secular Boston Globe (with all the same characters). There is a poll, on the left side.. scroll down. I, for one, agree. Make up your own mind. Results as of this writing… Perhaps … Read More
ACTION ITEM! POLL ALERT! – Crux poll on recent Synod of Bishops
I have stopped looking at Crux as often as I did when it first entered the fray. Why? They say they want “balance”. I don’t see much balance. Today an email blurb arrived with teases about the fare they are … Read More
ASK FATHER & POLL: Sign of Peace at Mass. Not good. What to do?
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Father, I notice that at daily mass or where the mass is sparsely attended parishioners will wave to each other from across the church. Is there a better way to handle this situation? Sure there is! … Read More