Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your use of my Amazon link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- monmir: Thank you for the live Mass Father, important to me as you read the prayer for times of epidemics. …and I still miss the bird feeder cam.
- Augustine Thompson O.P.: Oddy, papal blessings may be received by television . [Yes, but papal blessings are invocative , not constituti ve. Furthermor e, people can gain the plenary indulge...
- Clinton R.: It a very short amount of time, we have been deprived of assisting as Mass, receiving the Sacraments and Sacramenta ls. We cannot even go to Church to pray, the doors are locked. Some...
- Baritone: Thank you for the live-strea med Mass. I actually had tears in my eyes. We have become exceeding poor.
- JPaulZ: Thank you also for the fervorino.
- Chrysologos: Many thanks, Father, for the fervorino; much appreciate d.
- JPaulZ: Thank you and God bless you.
- Tara Tremuit: jnxt7707: Pharaoh was an instrument . Aaron was an instrument . Moses was an instrument , King David was an instrument . The Pharisees were instrument s. Paul VI was an instrument ....
- chuckharold: I found several things very moving. When I grew up PPXII was carried in a throne carried by several men dressed in white ties. To see the Pope walk across the plaza, alone, was breat...
- acardnal: Thank you for your fevorino.
- mitdub: For myself I will say I have really appreciate d the more frequent availabili ty of the Mass and Divine Office via livestream ing. Is it attending? No, but… we have for decades...
- iPadre: I hope our brother Priests don’ t forget the Apostolic Pardon. Such a gift in our last moment in this life.
- Sue in soCal: I say go for it!
- Percusio: Just another incrementa list attitude toward Protestant ism and everyone is a priest. Please give us confession over the phone also in these times! Or perhaps even better, confess to your...
- Bryan Baldwin: I vote for the fervorino.
- Augustine Thompson O.P.: Clearly, powerful as watching a simulcast or recorded Mass can be, the spiritual benefit comes from the intention of the viewers, not from the digital images and sounds,...
- Elizabeth D: Just received another message sent by the brand-new- Catholic, brand-new- hire office manager inviting people to “tak e part” ; in “Onl ine Mass” ; Sunday morni...
- JustaSinner: Can Holy Water be cooked after it is blessed? I’m thinking the Priest can bless it, place in Mason jar, then regular canning procedures ensure pathogen-f ree container until...
- jnxt7707: Tara, I can relate to your comments. I myself did not see it, but I find the images moving to me, as well as some of the other comments above. He’s definitely not my favorite Pope,...
- jnxt7707: I have gone along with all the Bishop-man dated restrictio ns, up until the sanctuary doors were locked. I can’ t get my mind past that. It’s become a cliche now, but bears...
- Antonin: I think we cannot forget that Divine Liturgy is always communal as the body of Christ is a body of which we are a part and not a spectacle which we view from a detached distance. During...
- Suburbanbanshee: I will be the party pooper here… ;. I watch Mass every day the same way I watch it usually at home — as a TV show. My butt is usually parked in bed. Sometimes I listen...
- Elizabeth D: It’s simply not participat ion in a liturgy. If I look at such a thing I don’ t pretend it’s attending Mass. Primarily I would watch something like that to see the...
- ex seaxe: The phraseolog y here in English seems confusing (Eventual? Past?) ” In addition, it should be noted that the Decree does not cancel any eventual concession s of proper Prefa...
- Ellen: My knees are old and my floor is hard. I sit on the couch and then I follow the Mass, make the responses and do a spiritual communion. I am blessed that I can go to benedictio n, adorat...
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
I was at this conference last year. I’ll probably go this year! That’s how enjoyable it was. I’ve marked my calendar.
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- @MadisonDiocese : Bp. Hying’s Decree altering conditions for gaining Plenary Indulgences
- ASK FATHER: Blessing sacramentals over a live stream on the internet
- 28 March – Holy Mass (TLM) Saturday 4th Week of Lent – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- LENTCAzT 2020: 31 – Saturday in the 4th Week of Lent: Reward for an act of charity.
- ASK FATHER: Best practices for following a Mass which is live-streamed on the internet or broadcast on TV
- Wherein a seriously annoyed Fr. Z rants – UPDATED
- ACTION ITEM! BISHOPS and PRIESTS – Exorcise and bless!
- Startling visuals from special “Urbi et Orbi” ceremony in Rome against the pandemic
- 27 March – Votive Mass “for the sick” – LIVE VIDEO: 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- LENTCAzT 2020: 31 – Friday in the 4th Week of Lent: “The nature of our pride”
- 1st Space Force mission is a go
- LENTCAzT 2020: 30 – Thursday in the 4th Week of Lent: “I command you, get up!”
- Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
- Fakebook blocking or deleting live-streamed Catholic Masses
- ROME: Famous 1522 Plague Procession Crucifix moved to St. Peter’s
- ASK FATHER: How to contact priests to serve their private Traditional Latin Masses
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 25 March: Feast of The Good Thief, St. Dismas… who stole heaven
- 25 March – Annunciation – LIVE VIDEO: Mass at 1200h CDT (GMT/UTC -5)
- CDF DECREE: New PREFACES for the Extraordinary Form (TLM) liturgical calendar
- CDF DECREE: New SAINTS for the Extraordinary Form (TLM) liturgical calendar
- LENTCAzT 2020: 29 – Wednesday in the 4th Week of Lent & Annunciation: “She is the ‘people of God'”
- A great “wartime” Sunday Mass in my native place. Fr. Z kudos.
- Of bells and virus bell curves. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- LENTCAzT 2020: 28 – Tuesday in the 4th Week of Lent: Conscience and making excuses for sins
- ASK FATHER: A priest wants to be able to celebrate Easter in the Extraordinary Form
- Francis: Coronavirus is nature’s “revenge”, “tantrum”, “cry” for help
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio in Pandemic – ZedNet is ACTIVE!
- Supply chain, Truck Divers and YOU! Something you can do to help. ACTION ITEM!
- ITALY: At least 60 Italian priests have died after contracting coronavirus.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Wyoming Catholic College
I recently posted about TENEBRAE – Where? When? Today I received photos from a favorite place of mine, Wyoming Catholic College. Prof. Peter Kwasniewski writes: Last night we held our fifth consecutive Tenebrae service at Wyoming Catholic College. (We always sing, … Continue reading
The next time you are passing through Lander, WY be sure to stop at Wyoming Catholic College‘s new downtown coffee shop. Crux Coffee! I sincerely hope that they offer also Mystic Monk Coffee, purchased through my link of course (HERE) … Continue reading
There was a fine event at one of my favorite places in these USA, Wyoming Catholic College, located in the burgeoning metropolis of Lander, WY. As you may recall, WCC is the only school around where students can’t have a … Continue reading
A friend sent this. A funny way to make a good point. I try not to use businesses which post these signs and I hope you don’t either. On that note, after Mass on Sunday a couple guys from the … Continue reading
From the Cardinal Newman Society (see their feed on my sidebar): Wyoming Catholic College is in the news recently because of its on-campus cell phone ban for students. The ban, which has been in place since the founding of the … Continue reading
The other day I shared a photo of the Wyoming Catholic College display at the Legatus Summit. This was one of the t-shirts. Is that cool, or what? And now comes this! CONVENTICULUM VIOMINGENSE We are happy to … Continue reading
REVIEW: St. Thomas Aquinas – Commentaries on St. Paul in Latin and English (not to mention the Summa Theologiae)
The 1983 Code of Canon Law doesn’t mention many saints apart from their feast days. As you can imagine, the greats such as the Mary the Mother of God, Sts. Peter and Paul, St. Joseph, come up. Apart from them, … Continue reading
Here are two shots of Holy Mass sent from a friend at Wyoming Catholic College. Students go into the mountains. With this group is an FSSP priest. Holy Mass on a mountain. Greater decorum than in many places I have … Continue reading
From time to time I have mentioned Wyoming Catholic College, which trains students in a modified form of the Trivium and Quadrivium, and makes sure they know their Latin, have the TLM, and how to take care of a horse. … Continue reading
The Bishop of Cheyenne, Wyoming (covering the whole state), His Excellency Most Reverend Paul Etienne, has a blog. I have posted about his hunting with the Mystic Monk Coffee Carmelites in northern Wyoming. Also in the Diocese of Cheyenne is … Continue reading
My friend Prof. Nancy Llewellyn of Wyoming Catholic College sent the following: Since you’re a fan of Wyoming and a strenuissimus fautor of Latin, I thought you might be interested to know that the Latin Program here at WCC has … Continue reading
His Hermeneuticalness, my friend Fr. Tim Finigan, posted about a great initiative in England. A group formed to establish a Catholic liberal arts college along the lines of Wyoming Catholic College and Thomas Aquinas College in California. Fr. Finigan wrote: … Continue reading