SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- WanderingConvert on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “Father encouraged everyone to go to Confession. Good turnout, too. NO mass. Some of the statues were too high too…”
- Gregg the Obscure on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “1830 Latin NO AO. First time i’ve seen this particular parochial vicar at this Mass. he is also a Scripture…”
- TWF on FOR SALE: “BeatifyStickler: Not coast to coast. We have plenty of reverent NO Masses in Vancouver (including at the cathedral where Latin…”
- Charivari Rob on POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023: “TonyO, I’d say one or two logical possibilities were missing. My experience was “didn’t have time to go looking” —…”
- Fr. Reader on FOR SALE: “Many would see this as something good and necessary: get rid of this old medieval stuff. They are places for…”
- sevensixtwo187 on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “We had a very nice crowd for the High Mass for The Annunciation on Saturday (around 300) and then on…”
- FRLBJ on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “All the main statues were covered, but not the Stations of the Cross. We have so many statues. Some are…”
- JPCahill on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “We (the Ordinariate) use the same lectionary as the Novus Ordo, except instead of the NAB the RSV-CE is used.…”
- JamesM on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “In the Community Centre/Gym that I was in for Mass yesterday there were no statues visible to veil. However there…”
- Imrahil on MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?: “Note that the later Pope Benedict thinks his 2nd hypothesis is a hypothesis, it could be. I quite agree to…”
- BeatifyStickler on FOR SALE: “I lived in Nova Scotia as a child. This is where the Latin Mass was said in the late 80’s…”
- Charivari Rob on FOR SALE: ““Douglas Fur” wood?”
- diaconus_in_urbe on WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Lent: Liturgical death throes: ““From today, in the Extraordinary Form the “Iudica” psalm is no longer said during the prayers at the foot of…”
- CamB12 on FOR SALE: “This is in my diocese. Very sad!”
- Philmont237 on FOR SALE: “If I had the money I’d buy all of these churches and turn them into oratories. In an unrelated but…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent
- Daily Rome Shot 703
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 35: Tuesday Passiontide – When the hour comes
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images
- Daily Rome Shot 702
- FOR SALE
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 34: Monday Passiontide – Repent and live!
- POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Lent: Liturgical death throes
- Daily Rome Shot 701
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 33: 1st Passion Sunday – Passiontide begins
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 32: Saturday 4th Week – Annunciation
- MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?
- Daily Rome Shot 700
- “Only what is true can ultimately be pastoral”.
- 24 March – Feast of St. Gabriel, Archangel – images
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-24 – Priests retirement home
- Daily Rome Shot 699
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 31: Friday 4th Week – Dead but rising
- Daily Rome Shot 698
- Pig hearts over altars in Austria, pagan Mayan Mass rite in Mexico, but people who want the Traditional Latin Mass must be ghettoized and railroaded to oblivion.
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 30: Thursday 4th Week – Eternal death and YOU – CORRECTED
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 29: The Ancient Mid-Point
- Daily Rome Shot 697
- VIDEO: Glimpses of Forty Hours
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian
- Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again
- Daily Rome Shot 696
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 28: Tuesday 4th Week – “What abundance! What generosity!”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: iPhone
COVID-1984, Your iPhone, and You
This… It seems the statement attached to the software update means the new coding supports contact tracing apps. When a user accepts the update, they are consenting, legally, to this data being collected/distributed from this device to these or future … Read More
Question for readers: free texting from iPhone to iPhone anywhere
iPhone users: please educate me. I have been told that if you have an iPhone running 5.0 or higher, you can text to any other iPhone, anywhere in the world, for free. Apparently, you must use the app iMessage. Anyone? … Read More
More with Morse Code – cool app
I have lately posted some items about Morse Code. One of you readers sent me a video, dated from the beginning of April, of a very cool alternative to those nasty and inconvenient touch screens on our iPhones. Enjoy! [wp_youtube]1KhZKNZO8mQ[/wp_youtube] … Read More
Tips For Priests
Here is a fun and useful… Tip For Priests! I occasionally post about some poor priest whose phone erupts during Mass or in the confessional. By “erupt”, I mean Father forgot either to leave the phone in the sacristy (best) … Read More
What’s on your reading/listening list right now?
Slated for reading on my Kindle right now: I think he might have not quite understood St. Thomas More’s notion of Utopia, but he is exceptionally good. More Mitch Rapp from my homey, Vince Flynn. Prequel. Hoping it will be … Read More
Self-healing iPhone case?
For the Just Too Cool file, this from FBN: Nissan has announced the world’s first self-healing iPhone case, which the car manufacturer claims can quickly repair itself when scratched. Developed by the car manufacturer in collaboration with University of Tokyo … Read More
iPhone app for Le Barroux
I sometimes listen the podcasts of the Benedictine monks at Norcia, in Italy. They record and post on demand recordings of their hours and Mass. Alas, they tend to go flat, a problem many groups have when singing psalms and … Read More
iPhone question for readers
Have any of you iPhone 4 users noticed any problems with your OS after updating to 5.0? When the 4.0 update came out, the 3GS became very sluggish. Observations?
Question for readers on iPhone stuff (jailbreak, unlock, dual sims, then what…?)
Do any of you iPhone users have experience of using a dual SIM in 3gs or 4? Also, yesterday I did a jailbreak and unlock on my 3gs. Very cool and a lot easier than I thought it would be. … Read More
New iPhone app for Catholic voters to access US Congress
I received a press release about a new Catholic app for the iPhone. The app is FREE. New App Empowers Catholic Voters New Tool Allows Users to Access Congress From Anywhere SOUTH BEND, Ind. – Little i Apps, LLC, makers … Read More
New iPhone/iPad app for The Catholic Herald and a sneaky way to get it cheaper
The best Catholic weekly in the UK, The Catholic Herald, now has a spiffy app for your iPhone and iPad. You can find it HERE. To see the whole paper you have to get a subscription. I have used the … Read More
REVIEW: 1962 Roman Breviary iPhone app
The Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate created an app for the 1962 Breviarium Romanum. It is now available, FREE, for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. This may be a way for some of you to get more familiar with … Read More
QUAERITUR: Eucharistic Adoration for the first time: use an iPhone?
From a reader: My confessor strongly recommended I spend time in adoration. I’ve been hesitant because I’ve never done it before, but I decided to do it tonight after Mass. I just have one problem… What exactly am I supposed … Read More
REVIEW UPDATE: Confession app for iPhone now for Android
Remember that iPhone app intended to help people make a good confession? It is now released for Android as well. The developer wrote to say that they had added the ability to add a “count” for the sins, to help … Read More
iPhone alarm glitch
Those of you who have iPhones… have you noticed a glitch in the alarm function since the first of the year? My alarms have not rung either yesterday or today. It is a good thing I woke up when I … Read More
Not the direction I usually want to launch my phone!
This is definitely for your Just Too Cool file. From cultofmac comes this great story: Father and Son Launch iPhone, HD Video Camera into Space By Adam Rosen (4:00 am, Oct. 12, 2010) Taking their iPhone Where No iDevice Has … Read More
QUAERITUR: use of iPhone, hand-held for liturgical readings
From a reader: One sees the Magnificat missalettes in the hands of lots of folks at daily Mass nowadays. With its beautifully presented (briefer) morning/evening/night prayers from which many (like me) have gone on to the LOH or DO, plus … Read More
iBreviary iPhone app… free?
I received an SMS saying that the iPhone app "iBreviary" is free right now. I have mixed views of iBreviary, frankly. At first, it was quite promising. Many languages were promised including Latin. But most of the time the Latin … Read More
At the airport off to Philadelphia. Security was a ZOO, but within it is rather calm. Go figure. Many people here had to change flights because of snow on the east coast of the USA. With that in mind I … Read More