ACTION ITEM! Prayers for His Hermeneuticalness – Fr. Finigan

May I ask that the readership offer some prayers and penances for the intention of my good friend Fr. Timothy Finigan?

He is quite ill and awaiting the results of some tests. He would much appreciate your prayers.

Over the years we have benefited from his great blog Hermeneutic of Continuity.  Fr. Finigan is a terrific priest, an outstanding parish priest, and great supporter of renewal of our liturgical worship.

This entry was posted in ACTION ITEM!, Mail from priests, Urgent Prayer Requests and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to ACTION ITEM! Prayers for His Hermeneuticalness – Fr. Finigan

1. BrionyB says:

I’m sorry to hear this. I will pray and offer all I can.

If you don’t mind, Father, could I also ask for prayers this week (for similar reasons) for another much-loved priest of the same diocese?

And in case anyone finds it a helpful idea – to make sure I remember to pray for priests every day, I offer the fifth decade of my Rosary for that intention. All the fifth mysteries seem to fit well: “I must be about my Father’s business”; the sacrifice of Calvary; the institution of the Eucharist; and of course the coronation of Our Lady, Queen of the clergy. Just an idea if anyone wants to try it too :).

2. exNOAAman says:

Thanks for that BrionyB. A good idea I’ve never thought of.

3. rally1042 says:

Same here BrionyB – great idea.

4. JARay says:

I too am saddened to read that Fr. Finigan is having medical problems. I have read his blog over many years now. I am more than willing to offer prayers for him.

5. Fr_Sotelo says:

Prayers for the good Father.

6. Chris in Maryland 2 says:

Will do Fr. Z.

7. Mariana2 says:

Of course.

8. SKAY says:

Prayers said.

9. jaykay says:

Thank you for this, Father. Have offered prayers.

10. jhayes says:

I am glad to hear that Fr. Finigan is still with us. I used to follow his website but he has not posted anything there since October of 2017 – and I had feared the worst.

Fr. Ray Blake was also off line for a long time but now has a post on his site entitled “He is Not Dead but Sleeping.” It sounds as if he has serious heath problems so it would be good to pray for him as well.

11. excalibur says:

Prayers indeed for Father Finigan.

And for you too, Father Z, the peripatetic priest injuries and all. Don’t know how you deal with all that flying in the best of times and health.

12. BrionyB says:

“How goes Father Finigan’s old parish after the disastrous appointment of his replacement? Anyone know?”

I get the impression it’s reverted to being a fairly ordinary modern suburban parish. Many of the more traditionally minded former parishioners (including large families, altar servers, and talented musicians) have gone elsewhere.