Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Margaret said Outtake from the original “Muppet Movie̶...
- majuscule said Hope this isn’t off topic, the EF has been m...
- marcelus said with this piece I must disagree, if I’m allo...
- Bea said PUTTING “HOT” INTO THE “HOT ROD&...
- tzard said First shipment of new stealth infantry weapon. I...
- Long-Skirts said Sofia Guerra said: “Be prepared to explain...
- Geoffrey said I think I am one of the few not surprised by this....
- Athanasius said Following Pope Francis’ pledge to baptize th...
- aquinas138 said CharlesG, The Arabic word for “martyr”...
- SATURDAY EDITION | BigPulpit.com said [...] Alcohol Policy – JB Londregan Boromir&...
- NBW said This kind of behavior should not be tolerated. Ma...
- MrTipsNZ said Despite a mad rush to hospital, Obamacare could no...
- jhayes said An Italian news service reprints comments in Osser...
- Arcgap said It’s just the moving van with the pink flami...
- Matthew K said Hell hath no fury like a Cheez-It scorned.
- CRPodhaj said Curiously, the LCWR representatives from “Nu...
- acardnal said Syrian Catholic bishop explains the situation in I...
- acardnal said Syrian Catholic bishop explains the situation in I...
- Potato2 said “OK sir, calm down. What I wan’t to k...
- Mike said I told you to take it to the detailer after Herkim...
- Mojoron said Satan leaving the white house.
- PCali said Okay…….who looked into the heart of th...
- Siculum said Pope Francis’s nightmare tonight about giant...
- JARay said @Bosco. I have joined your blog so you now have my...
- PA mom said If he does come, this will be my first real chance...
- Makemeaspark said It is disturbing to read a post here of all places...
- Bosco said “Pope Francis made a surprise visit….&...
- The Cobbler said “Oh, wait a minute, this is the same country...
- Kathleen10 said It is disturbing but actually a positive thing to...
- The Cobbler said One more thing… “Indeed let us not for...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- CAPTION CALL
- MIAMI: Pro-Hamas demo: “Khybar, Khybar, oh Jews, the armies of Muhammad are coming!”
- About Pope Francis’ possible USA trip
- Chow Line for “Cafeteria Catholics” (heh)
- Napa Institute: Day 2
- Another helpful suggestion (heaven help us)
- Napa Institute Conference: Day 1
- Latin America needs a revolution: a liberal and Catholic revolution
- “Annulments” and a distinction: juridical and/or sacramental
- Just Too Cool: Leo XIII’s Latin Riddles
- My View For Awhile: Left Coast Edition
- 22 July: St. Mary Magdalene (and homonymous cookies!)
- Many illegal aliens flooding across border have criminal records
- Fed Court rules Obamacare subsidies ILLEGAL in 36 states!
- Pope Francis prays for success of initiative to convert Anglicans
- World War I – 100 years out
- ISIS targeting Christians: “The West must step in now… or we will be wiped out.”
- Ex ore infantium… perfecisti laudem!
- “Forward!” he cried, showing them the crucifix, “Victory is ours.” – St. Lawrence of Brindisi
- When the priest confessor doesn’t use the proper Form of Absolution. Wherein Fr. Z advises.
- “the very essence of our republic and our reason are being overturned in the public order”
- Bp. Matano (D. Rochester) ends decades illicit practice of “lay preaching”
- Divide et impera: KGB influence on Middle East violence
- What Did the Imam Really Say? Revisited
- Fishwrap: less than enthusiastic about new ITC document on “sensus fidei”.
- Ecumenical consequences of C of E decision on women bishops (aka “wyshyps”)
- WDTPRS 16th Ordinary Sunday: The Enemy is seeking you!
- BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPERS REPORT 1
- REVIEW: Movie “Persecuted”
- Malaysian Airlines 17, Death and You
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Category Archives: Reading Francis Through Benedict
Over at The Sensible Bond there is a must read post. Here is a sample with my emphases:
The phoney war in the Church: five linguistic thoughts on THAT interview
Like speed, language is also war. It’s the stuff of propaganda. It’s the … Continue reading
We now have in Francis the most wonderfulest and fluffliest Pope ehvur. Liberals are crowing that the bestest Pope of all is against rules. He’s chill about abortion and women’s ordination and, like, stuff. No other Pope has ever kissed … Continue reading
In the Big Interview, Francis said in response to a question about the Second Vatican Council something about the Vetus Ordo, the older Mass, the Extraordinary Form.
I’ll cut to the chase for those of you who only read the title … Continue reading
Pope Francis, formerly a Jesuit, gave a series of interviews to the Jesuits. The interviews have been edited together, with parenthetical commentary and descriptions of the setting and so forth, and translated by lay people and Jesuits for publication in … Continue reading
Around here we say:
Save The Liturgy – Save The World
The Eucharist, its celebration and itself as the extraordinary Sacrament, is the “source and summit of Christian life”.
If we really believe that, then we must also hold that what we do in church, what … Continue reading
I have kept the banner image of Benedict and Francis with that phrase “Reading Francis through Benedict” at the top of the blog, to remind people that we don’t pit Popes against each other. There will be differences in interests … Continue reading
I am reading Lumen fidei, the new, first encyclical from Pope Francis.
From what I can tell, it is nearly entirely Benedict.
If, as Pope, you have to have a ghost writer, why not another Pope? Talk about “Reading Francis through Benedict”!
Nay … Continue reading
From Vatican Radio:
Pope Francis: post-Synodal exhortation ready for Year of Faith’s close (full text)
(Vatican Radio) The post-Synodal Exhortation on the new evangelization will be ready in time for the close of the Year of Faith. This was just one of … Continue reading
Archbishop on the TLM: “you must try to get as many people as possible to walk down this path of yours”
Here is some great news.
I was sent a translation of a sermon given by the new Archbishop of Ferrara-Comacchio, His Excellency Most Rev. Luigi Negri, on Pentecost at the Marian Shrine of Poggetto. The occasion was a celebration of Holy … Continue reading