It doesn’t surprise me even as it surprised me. I am ever amazed at the response I get from readers in certain circumstances, even as I have, over time, learned to expect it.
Since I posted about Fr. Kalchik, and since I wrote about a dream in which there was a haven for priests in a Western state, and especially since I posted about how some (not all!) bishops deal with troublesome priests – The Psych Strike Gambit – quite a few of you have written to offer help to priests who are under fire.
- Some of you have offered your homes.
- Some of you have offered to set priests up somewhere.
- Some of you have in a generic way said that they are praying hard.
- Some of you, quite a few, have told me that you know priests in these situation.
- Some PRIESTS have written about their own experience with The Psych Strike Gambit played by their bishops (or religious with superiors).
Is this something that has to go somewhere?
I don’t know what that would be, exactly.
I had a glimpse, as mentioned elsewhere, of a community set up almost like the Camaldolese, wherein each man has his own “cabin” but there is more of a community life than in a Carthusian set up.
If suddenly some wealthy guy in the mountains of Montana or Idaho or Wyoming sends photos of this sort of place already built and ready to go…
… wouldn’t that be interesting?
You never know. Providence works mysteriously.
I think it is fascinating that the new Gower Abbey church was fully consecrated in the traditional rite. Those Benedictines have the apostolate of praying for bishops and priests.