SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
PLEASE donate using VENMO!
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- ASK FATHER: I forgot to confess a detail about a mortal sin. Do I have to re-confess everything?
- LIVE VIDEO – 8 May 2021 – 1200 NOON CST – Traditional Latin Mass – B.V.M. Mediatrix of all graces
- Daily Rome Shot 151
- “Missa pica”
- 8 May Indulgence: Supplication to O.L. of Pompeii
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday after Easter (TLM): Liturgical goop. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Validity of Confirmation when an instrument is used and there is no hand contact
- A missed anniversary: Freedom 7
- Daily Rome Shot 150
- ASK FATHER: Extending hands during the Our Father
- “If you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”
- Daily Rome Shot 149
- Daily Rome Shot 148
- 4 May: Feast of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales
- Daily Rome Shot 147
- 4 May – St Monica: intercessor for children fallen away from the Faith
- Canons of St. Peter’s forbidden to enter Basilica for the May Rosary
- Daily Rome Shot 146
- 2 May: St. Athanasius, Bishop and Doctor. Shall we ever see his like again?
- How cool, how quotable is St. Catherine of Siena? Have a look.
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 2 May ’21
- Your Sunday Sermon notes – 4th Sunday after Easter (N.O. 5th of Easter) 2021
- ASK FATHER: Appurtenant pasta for a Pentecost repast
- Daily Rome Shot 145
- The CDW added SEVEN new invocations to the Litany of St. Joseph
- “To refuse to give Holy Communion to dissident Catholic politicians is not to politicize the Eucharist.”
- Daily Rome Shot 144
- 1 May – St. Joseph the Worker: An intercessor in time of need
- Wile E., eat your heart out
- 30 April (N.O.) – St Pius V – A Pope who dealt with clerical depravity
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 20 September 2018
Debates about the true status of Benedict XVI could root the stuff of novels. There are those who say that Benedict XVI is still really Pope. There are different reasons given. One is that his abdication was under duress and … Read More
A story of spectacular complexity, involving shady people, huge money, interlocking directorates, vast loans, and the Papal Foundation.
Read this. Zenit reports. Pope Francis on September 20, 2018, received in the Apostolic Palace Consistory Hall of the Vatican, the participants at the Conference of the Sons of Holy Mary Immaculate on the occasion of the 150th anniversary of … Read More
UPDATE: I had a call from a friend who underscored her real shock at Martin’s ghastly suggestion in his tweets. The more I think about it, the more loathsome the true content of Martin’s tweets appears. He told people that … Read More
Bishop R. Walker Nickless of Sioux City has made a statement about The Viganò Testimony. […] As I mention our priests, seminarians and deacons, I want to thank the faithful of the Diocese of Sioux City who have offered support, … Read More
So time ago, I received a new book from a reader about Vatican I. I am not a great fan of the author, John W. O’Malley, who is a liberal Jesuit (tautology). His book on Vatican II was sharply partisan. … Read More
George Weigel described the guiding document for the upcoming 2018 Synod of Bishops and Non-Bishops. Anyone looking for a remedy for insomnia might try working through the Instrumentum Laboris, or “working document,” for the XV Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod … Read More