Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- grumpyoldCatholic: . Group celebratio n of the sacrament of penance in one of several different ways, authorized by Pope Paul VI in 1973.One form has a communal penitentia l service, with individ...
- pbnelson: @WVC, as a Yankee from a long line of Yankees, I’d like you to know we’r e not all acolytes of the Cult Of Lincoln up here. I find it particular ly galling that with this...
- OldProfK: And, at the end of the day, it’s just Satan being a provocateu r…..again. I think KateD makes an excellent point here, the key being the word “pro vocateur.& #8221; The Enemy has...
- David: If you anticipate frequently removing such appliqués, I suggest against Velcro. Repeatedly removing all those tiny hooks can harm the fabric. A pin is much less destructiv e. Tape could be...
- Simon_GNR: WVC, let me correct part of what you wrote: “the Confederac y was a government of the people, for the [white] people and by the [white] peopleR 30;” There, that’ ;s...
- WVC: As a Southerner , I’d like to point out that the Confederac y was a government of the people, for the people and by the people as well, an that thanks to Lincoln 217;s war it sure as...
- carn: I’m posting here about something in the blog post prior to this one, as i think it is important, the prior post has no comments and here it is likely to be noticed: http://wdt prs.com...
- Andreas: President Lincoln, like most of the Presidents until Harding, wrote his own speeches, and for me this is the most moving. In his Smithsonia n Magazine article on this and Lincoln 217;s...
- Fr_Andrew: Velcro is tacky (pun heavily intended). I think a quick couple of basting stitches with some thin thread (like is often done on the pall to permit its laundering ) would be the least...
- Fr. Reader: Z is for Zelus.
- maternalView: There were others long before Voris. They were marginaliz ed as extreme and basically ignored. But they were reporting on these sexual and liturgical abuses (they seem to go toget...
- philosophicallyfrank: We are constantly allowing them to determine the “ter ms” to be used in this war and it is long overdue that we define the terms. First, let’ s look at the...
- maternalView: It seems to me you do the things that form community. You be active and visible. Do the ordinary things that create bonds. It seems to me it’s all about doing the things we...
- maternalView: It’s like they don’ t even know who wins in the end. Sad.
- Cincinnati Priest: CORRECTION : not to contact them EXCEPT in an emergency ….
- VonOrigen: For those interested in knowing the full story of the Address, I would commend to your attention “The Gettysburg Gospel, 221; an insightful book by my old prof at Gettysb...
- Greg Hlatky: Father William Corby, chaplain of the 88th New York regiment, gave a general absolution to the Irish Brigade before the second day of Gettysburg . Of the 3000 members of the briga...
- Matamoros: This actually relates to two weeks ago when at our parish the priest read the 5 USCCB points on migration and went on to castigate us Americans for not being more welcoming to these...
- Cincinnati Priest: tzabiega: Hmm. From the beginning of your post, I sense red flags. First, you begin announcing you want to “sha me” lazy priests. Not a very charitable motive....
- Susanna: Father, may i suggest the following tape which you can find on Amazon. I have had very good results with it in a variety of projects. Scotch Create Removable Double-Sid ed Fabric Tape, 3/4...
- Joe in Canada: The advent of call display has done wonders. “Bac k in the day” when I was on call at night, I would receive crank calls and calls from drunks crying about their late...
- Charivari Rob: That’ ;s interestin g informatio n about Eisenhower , acardnal, thank you. I might have dredged up the fact that Eisenhower ’s home (the only one he ever owned, other than...
- tho: In this day and age, there isn’ t a catholic priest who is not under pressure, because of the homosexual s abuses of many clerics. When you have a holy priest, and you complain about him...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Velcro or some other non-pin method. A pin is a catastroph e looking for a place to happen — and the place where it happens is sure not to be to your liking.
- ChesterFrank: Yes there is a well funded political campaign against traditiona l Catholicis m and its followers. I could have said more, but I wont.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Beans v. the East – @MassimoFaggioli cheapshots Orientals
- The effect of the Extraordinary Form on vocations to the priesthood
- Dinosaur Media attack on Catholics who uphold Faith and Morals
- Truly pathetic musings at the Fishwrap about priesthood and those halcyon days of Vatican II
- 19 Nov 1863: The Gettysburg Address
- Christmas, Priests, Arms, and You
- Reliable Catholic and Pro-Life Causes
- “”Transphobia is a word created by fascists, and used by cowards, to manipulate morons”.
- ASK FATHER: My priest doesn’t carry the “emergency phone”
- Sweetheart Grips and Fortune’s Wheel
- ASK FATHER: Absolution from a heretical priest and then going to Communion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- To Prelates: “Don’t Pee on My Leg and Tell Me It’s Raining.”
- Pre-Post Thanksgiving, Pre-Post Christmas Shopping
- ASK FATHER: Could the Church make “communal services” the norm for the Sacrament of Penance?
- UPDATED BRICK BY BRICK in Florida! New Sunday TLM established.
- Latin-less Priests and Homeschoolers – UPDATED
- More Jesuit antics in that ‘caput malorum omnium’ the Church in Germany
- ASK FATHER: Could Latin be suppressed? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Wherein Fr. Z rants
- A solid “state of the question” VIDEO about The Present Crisis
- In how many ways is this creepy?
- HEADS WILL ROLL! A new “You won’t believe your eyes ugly” altar
- Why homosexualists hate Papa Ratzinger so much.
- My View For Awhile: Delayed Edition & Fr. Z’s Kitchen
- Solipsistic, self-aggrandizing @FatherRosica dares to vet Catholic news sources
- ASK FATHER: “I am doubting that the current Catholic Church is the Church it has always claimed to be”
- Strange Signs, the End Times and YOU
- A reader’s first impressions on attending the Extraordinary Form
- Horrifying Big Business Abortion Ad
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 20 December 2006
I believe with the coming indult, there will be many traditionalist communities interested in having Pontifical Masses. Sometimes it is hard to find an available bishop.
Gumbleton removed from parishPosted on Dec 19, 2006 13:16pm CST. Print Friendly VersionRequests, … Continue reading
So, what kind of car are you?
This is what I am… I guess. I am not sure I get this, but… nemo est iudex in causa propria.
I’m a Ferrari 360 Modena!
You’ve got it all. Power, passion, … Continue reading
Here is the Collect for 20 December, during this period of intense prayer and longing for the Lord’s Coming.
COLLECT:Deus, cuius ineffabile Verbum,Angelo nuntiante, Virgo immaculata suscepit,et, domus divinitatis effecta,Sancti Spiritus luce repletur,quaesumus, ut nos, eius exemplo,voluntati tuae humiliter adhaerere valeamus.
This … Continue reading
Here is the Collect for Wednesday of the 3rd Week of Advent.
COLLECT:Praesta, quaesumus, omnipotens Deus,ut Filii tui ventura sollemnitaset praesentis nobis vitae remedia largiatur,et praemia aeterna concedat.
This prayer was in Rotulus 6 published with the Veronese Sacramentary.
LITERAL VERSION:Almighty God, … Continue reading