Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Mariana2 said Thanks,Father!
- Rouxfus said How appropriate that these weapons of spiritual wa...
- jameeka said Very good spiritual direction, not just for priest...
- xgenerationcatholic said Isn’t this comment a hoot: “At trying...
- Suburbanbanshee said Actually, the tradition from the earliest Christia...
- stephen c said Reading the comments on Father Zuhlsdorf’s b...
- Fatherof7 said Frjim, I never equated orthodoxy with the EF. Rat...
- frjim4321 said [Most of the seminarians are homegrown. There are...
- Monday, March 2, 2015: Second Week of Lent | The Quarterdeck said […] ASK FATHER: Membership in a parish, bord...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said Rev. Mr. G is clearly holding the chalice with his...
- ChesterFrank said I am still confused. If I go to my diocese website...
- Militans said Blaise – I visited one of the English semina...
- bourgja said JBS, they had the information on the parish bounda...
- Allan S. said I have been told that, in fact, a Parish Priest (P...
- Latin Mass Type said My parish boundaries are fairly obvious due to the...
- dbonneville said Speaking (briefly) of architecture, this is fascin...
- Supertradmum said As to the “vocation boom”, there is no...
- Gregg the Obscure said As noted above, there are two seminaries in Denver...
- Supertradmum said Blaise, you did not read my comment on that commen...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said I agree with frjim4321’s comment there. Ther...
- Eugene said Two posts that express my feelings EXACTLY: A sad,...
- Eugene said As on who publicly witnessed for the 40 days for l...
- frjim4321 said “I think there is an undeniable correlation...
- Fatherof7 said Bishop Ricken is doing great things next door to M...
- Blaise said Someone suggested shipping students to the UK for...
- thomas tucker said Some professional schools ( medical, pharmacy) hav...
- Sam Schmitt said “The ‘Vocation Boom’ is a hoax.&...
- frjim4321 said A lot here to read and a fairly hectic day at the...
- Paul M. said ies0716 said: It is completely licit canonically...
- andia said I contacted my diocese and they refused to tell m...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- LENTCAzT 14: Tuesday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Stole-less confession. Okay?
- UPDATE: D. Madison: Bp. Morlino and the surge of priestly vocations (Parts 1 & 2)
- It’s NOT a “women’s issue” it’s a “human rights” issue.
- LENTCAzT 13: Monday of the 2nd Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Membership in a parish, borders, registration
- LENTCAzT 12: 2nd Sunday of Lent
- Internet to be regulated by Feds… what could possibly go wrong?
- Bp. Galantino, 66, resigned
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Purify your “spiritual view” lest God be offended
- Two years ago… Sede Vacante
- Hit job on Card. Pell because he’s doing his job
- LENTCAzT 11: Ember Saturday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Ancient Greek Fish on Friday
- Will Pope Francis be the only able-bodied diocesan bishop NOT to celebrate Mass of the Last Supper with priests and people?
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- ACTION ITEM! PLENARY INDULGENCE on FRIDAYS OF LENT!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- What the Duke wanted for his daughter
- 3 March RELEASE – PRE-ORDER new music CD for Easter from Benedictines of Mary
- St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows: Patron of Handgunners
- How US school lunches now compare to other countries
- Look! DOWN from the sky!
- Camille Paglia interviewed. Great stuff on feminists, the Irish influence, more.
- 28 Feb Card. Dolan @ Holy Innocents – Manhattan – Mass for Fr. Groeschel & Book Club
- SYNODGATE: A canonist weighs in – Fr. Z gives advice
- SYNODGATE – Five Cardinals Book stolen from participants’ mailboxes at last year’s Synod on Family
- Pontifical Council for Culture… winning the minds and hearts of women everywhere!
- LENTCAzT 09: Thursday of the 1st Week of Lent
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 17 December 2007
This week’s cover story on U.S. News & World Report is about the return to traditional forms of worship in various religions.
Here is some of the article. It is not all about the older form of Mass:
A Return to TraditionA … Continue reading
I think this might be Shishin but I am not sure.
Yesterday I was delighted both to attend a Mass with rose vestments (though they were sorta pink) and to use true rosacea.
I am in good company in not wanting to wear pink, or confuse it with liturgical rose, or rosacea … Continue reading
This is good news from the blog Philadelphia Roamin’ Catholic. My emphases:
To-day we had a new celebrant for the Traditional Latin Mass at Our Lady of Consolation in the Tacony neighborhood of Philadelphia. Until now the 2 p.m. Latin Mass … Continue reading
Yesterday, the Bishop of Madison, H.E. Robert Morlino, celebrated a Pontifical Mass in the older rite with the help of members of the Institute of Christ the King.
I am waiting for details.
You might remember that Bishop Morlino had a change … Continue reading
I have been getting notes from the head of the Newman Society at Oxford, asking for a reply.
I did reply, but I think you are not getting my mesasges.
In any event, I am contemplating a trip to the UK. If … Continue reading
It is fun to look at the stats for the blog to see where people are… more or less.
Here is a snapshot of some of your locations during the last 5 minutes or so.
Keep in mind this is not very … Continue reading
We have come to the last days of the Church’s preparation for the feast of the Nativity of the Lord.
Let’s look at the proper Collect for 17 December in the 2002 Missale Romanum:
COLLECT: Deus, humanae conditor et redemptor … Continue reading
On December 17th we enter into that final stretch of our Advent preparation. In the Church’s solemn prayer of the hours, at Vespers, the great "O Antiphons" are sung. Today we have … Continue reading
From Petrus we learn more about Archbp. Piero Marini’s new book. (My translation).
Now Msgr. Piero Marini takes aim: "The Roman Curia against the Second Vatican Council"
VATICAN CITY – In a book published for now only in English and presented on … Continue reading