HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): In a not-unrela ted topic, for as long as we have to put up with lectors in the Novus Ordo Missae, they need to knock it off with the dramatic renditions of the readings. In...
- Amerikaner: When I think of certain German prelates, or the overall sense of the German church, in my mind I get the image of the Eye of Sauron for some reason.
- Suburbanbanshee: Of course, a priest with reasonable tone production can always chant the Mass prayers, even in English. And then you don’ t have to worry about personal tone of voice, just...
- TonyO: In particular I remember in prayer His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, the Extraordin ary Ordinary, Bishop of Madison. I am, sincerely, not worried about the state of his soul,...
- Imrahil: Back in the day, moral theologian s agreed that it would be grave sin to recite the whole of the Canon, or just the words of consecrati on, aloud, that is in the clara or conveniens vox,...
- Ellen: Thank you Father Z. I have not been subjected to this in my parish, but I have heard it while travelling . All types of affected voices bother me. There̵ 7;s a Liturgy of the Hours...
- Gaetano: Given the recent narrative that conservati ves in the U.S. were threatenin g schism is this not a case of Germans accusing their enemy of exactly what they are guilty of. Because certain...
- Fr. Thomas Kocik: In June, Pope Francis sent a letter rebuking his ally Marx and all the participat ing bishops, ordering them not to go ahead with the sham synod. Now that’ ;s rich, conside...
- Suburbanbanshee: Embrace the Cross. “I saw then the Lord of Mankind hasten with much courage, willing to mount up upon me. (28-34) “There I dared not go beyond the Lord’s word to bow or burst...
- Suburbanbanshee: Jewish ladies traditiona lly do a lot of wailing during times of great sorrow, but there is also a lot of stoicism and courage in female Jewish culture. For example, the martyr...
- Suburbanbanshee: An ebook could be done very nicely and quickly. A slim physical volume would also be nice.
- Suburbanbanshee: Mary’ ;s Immaculate Conception was the dawn of our salvation; but ChristR 17;s death and resurrecti on was the Sun that cast its light forward in time, making that dawn...
- Suburbanbanshee: Father preached Confession , and made sure everybody knew when the usual times were. All week.
- Suburbanbanshee: If the USCCB wanted to have a beautiful Mass at a nearby church, I’m sure they could manage. If the USCCB wanted to set up a beautiful setting for a ballroom/c onference room...
- Suburbanbanshee: Obviously not appropriat e, because they’ ;re gym shoes. The lights are just the hot fudge on top of their inappropri ate sundae best. But OTOH, it’s not like one spends...
- Suburbanbanshee: Obviously our forgiven sins will be part of our “cas e file” ; when we stand before the Just Judge; and they will be mentioned at the General Judgment, because everyth...
- Suburbanbanshee: I was just watching an episode of Time Team (one of the two in Nevis in the Caribbean) where they found one of those face jugs from the 16-1700 217;s. They called it a Bellarm...
- Suburbanbanshee: Re: global pact post… ;. Um, dude. In 2020, May 14 is seven days before one of the Rogation Days. Of course, bringing back the Rogation Days would be sensible, so I donR...
- Suburbanbanshee: St. Francis Solano was a great saint of South America. Heck, there are lots of great saints of South America. Maybe we should start asking them for some serious intercessi on, as...
- VP: There are no coincidenc es. The Germans 217; gesture came at the same time as discussion about the Amazon Synod went into overdrive. Let us pray to the Rain Forest for deliveranc e.
- surritter: “Tha t, dear friends, is how you say, ‘Up yours!R 17; in Germano-Ch urchese. 8221; Ha ha! Well summarized , dear Fr. Z!
- romanrevert: Perhaps they are playing the old “goo d prelate, bad prelate 221; in that they appear to be at odds, when in fact, the German Church and Francis are working toward the same...
- Mightnotbeachristiantou: This thinking is counter intuitive. If we are not to use the earth than vegetarian s and vegans are the worst of the bunch. They are directly raping Mother Earth for their...
- maternalView: If Pope Francis is all about power as some say then it will be interestin g to see if Marx suffers any consequenc es for his defiance.
- APX: Should I confess my sins to all the fruit flies i’ve Killed this past week?
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Tall Poppy Syndrome and two American Bishops
- The priest’s voice and the “priest voice” during Holy Mass. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- The true “pseudo-schismatic” Church in Germany
- Idea for the Pan-Amazonian #Synod2019
- Initiative of Prayer and Fasting from now through October 2019 (and the Synod)
- St. Robert Bellarmine – Pray for us! Help us with your teaching and example!
- ASK FATHER: Did Francis say something heretical about God and our sins?
- Blinky light shoes at Mass
- ASK FATHER: Should I “poison” by Facebook account?
- Of “schism” and the abolition of the USCCB
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 7th Sorrow – The Burial of Jesus
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 6th Sorrow – The Piercing of the Side of Jesus, and His Deposition.
- Jesuit-run Amerika aims at Francis’ “detractors”. Incoherence ensues.
- @JamesMartinSJ and internet bullying
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 5th Sorrow – The Crucifixion of Jesus
- Mind-blowing profundity at the reconstituted John Paul II Institute 2.0
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray, Prof. Royal on EWTN on Francis’ latest PPP (Papal Plane Presser) comments
- @FatherZ responds to @PhilipPullella of Reuters about the Holy Spirit and the elections of Popes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 4th Sorrow – Mary meets Jesus on the way to Calvary
- “This is the time God chose for us. Get up off the ground!” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- A roundup on Francis and “schism”
- What is the TMSM up to? Spiffing new BLACK vestments! Photos.
- Australia: New legislation – priests must violate the Seal or face jail
- What the papalatrous are doing with the term “schism”
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 3rd Sorrow – The loss of the Child Jesus in Jerusalem
- “How are they down, how have they fallen down Those great strong towers of ice and steel”?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 17 December 2007
This week’s cover story on U.S. News & World Report is about the return to traditional forms of worship in various religions. Here is some of the article. It is not all about the older form of Mass: A Return … Continue reading
I think this might be Shishin but I am not sure. Anyone?
Yesterday I was delighted both to attend a Mass with rose vestments (though they were sorta pink) and to use true rosacea. I am in good company in not wanting to wear pink, or confuse it with liturgical rose, or … Continue reading
This is good news from the blog Philadelphia Roamin’ Catholic. My emphases: To-day we had a new celebrant for the Traditional Latin Mass at Our Lady of Consolation in the Tacony neighborhood of Philadelphia. Until now the 2 p.m. Latin … Continue reading
Yesterday, the Bishop of Madison, H.E. Robert Morlino, celebrated a Pontifical Mass in the older rite with the help of members of the Institute of Christ the King. I am waiting for details. You might remember that Bishop Morlino had … Continue reading
I have been getting notes from the head of the Newman Society at Oxford, asking for a reply. I did reply, but I think you are not getting my mesasges. In any event, I am contemplating a trip to the … Continue reading
It is fun to look at the stats for the blog to see where people are… more or less. Here is a snapshot of some of your locations during the last 5 minutes or so. Keep in mind this is … Continue reading
We have come to the last days of the Church’s preparation for the feast of the Nativity of the Lord. Let’s look at the proper Collect for 17 December in the 2002 Missale Romanum: COLLECT: Deus, humanae conditor et redemptor … Continue reading
On December 17th we enter into that final stretch of our Advent preparation. In the Church’s solemn prayer of the hours, at Vespers, the great "O Antiphons" are sung. Today we have the first. Years ago, I made a little … Continue reading
From Petrus we learn more about Archbp. Piero Marini’s new book. (My translation). Now Msgr. Piero Marini takes aim: "The Roman Curia against the Second Vatican Council" VATICAN CITY – In a book published for now only in English and … Continue reading
Papa Ratzinger, His Holiness Rome’s Bishop is… well… acting like a bishop. He burys the dead, namely his "hinge-men", Cardinals, who are of the clergy of Rome. He consecrates altars in new churches. He meets the folks. He wears … Continue reading