Christmas shopping? Plan ahead. When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- FrAnt said First, Fr. Z. I hope you feel better soon. I know...
- jfk03 said I agree that bad liturgy adds to the overall spiri...
- Gerard Plourde said I think that there are actually two slightly diffe...
- AnnTherese said YoungLatinMassGuy: Can you say more? What change d...
- JesusFreak84 said Last time someone from my (Eastern) parish thought...
- JackG said I’ll bet 90% of the problem is liturgical . . . an...
- Dick Verbo said Prayed and praying.
- Kathleen10 said Amen to everyone’s beautiful prayers for Fr.
- AnnTherese said Oh dear. Be gentle with yourself… God has se...
- lh said Praying.
- YoungLatinMassGuy said I think that the entire system of what we’ve...
- Panterina said Our parish started to celebrate the EF right after...
- AnnTherese said I do think parishioners are getting increasingly d...
- Jackie L said Is this not part of the biological solution? There...
- HyacinthClare said May I brag? Our little FSSP, EF parish (founded 1...
- Fern said This parish has had 5 Priest in the last 50 years....
- acardnal said jhayes quoted some of “Sacra Tridentina̶...
- Andrew said But if the solution is known why is it not impleme...
- wanda said Praying.
- Mike said Let’s try that again… Almighty God, we...
- Mike said Almighty God, we beseech Thee, accept our prayers...
- yatzer said Oh my, not that there is a good time to be sick. A...
- Bryan D. Boyle said Consider it done. As you do for us, it’s a...
- Martlet said As an EMOHC, I assume at all times that those comi...
- Liz said Praying, Father.
- benedetta said I sincerely hope that you feel better quickly, Fat...
- Matthew Gaul said I don’t think it was too much musical educat...
- mormormax said Did you forget to wipe down everything around you...
- MrsMacD said I have a story. A mother of eleven children abando...
- jflare said EIT via a Google search seems to refer to an Engin...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- A breakthrough!
- Tough love about the priest shortage
- Request for prayers
- My View For Awhile: Final Flights Edition
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday of Advent (2002MR): Seeing is believing.
- Past and present Vatican, Church involvement in Cuban affairs – Status quaestionis
- What kind of priest thought it was good to whitewash, trash statues, tear out altars?
- “Would it really be totally impossible to admit her to Communion?”
- ADVENTCAzT 20: “Through the figure of St. Joseph….”
- As Che and Fidel gaze on the scene….
- ASK FATHER: Received into Church after strange Presbyterian baptism
- “lingua latina bene calleant”
- ADVENTCAzT 19: Ember Days
- ASK FATHER: Participate in Nativity play during Mass?
- ASK FATHER: Is attending a Rock Mass sacrilege? A mortal sin?
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to an invalid Mormon wedding?
- Pope: To attract people more easily tone down teachings, relax severity… NOT.
- ASK FATHER: Mass in Classical Latin
- ADVENTCAzT 18: Another step forward in our Christmas preparation
- The ‘libido delendi’ that seized the Church, the desire to obliterate… everything
- Card. Burke’s kindness
- ADVENTCAzT 17: “the yearning for something purer and greater”
- ASK FATHER: TLM for 25th Wedding Anniversary
- “One of the great papist characters in modern fiction”
- ADVENTCAzT 16: Love always includes an inexhaustible willingness to forgive
- ASK FATHER: Mistake about minister of Sacrament of Matrimony and validity
- Succisa virescit: Another parish church reborn after destruction
- Nota bene: Apostolic Visitation of US sisters and CDF scrutiny of LCWR are NOT the same
- My View For Awhile: last trip edition
- ADVENTCAzT 15: Creation holds its breath – “Will she say ‘yes’?”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 17 December 2007
This week’s cover story on U.S. News & World Report is about the return to traditional forms of worship in various religions.
Here is some of the article. It is not all about the older form of Mass:
A Return to TraditionA … Continue reading
I think this might be Shishin but I am not sure.
Yesterday I was delighted both to attend a Mass with rose vestments (though they were sorta pink) and to use true rosacea.
I am in good company in not wanting to wear pink, or confuse it with liturgical rose, or rosacea … Continue reading
This is good news from the blog Philadelphia Roamin’ Catholic. My emphases:
To-day we had a new celebrant for the Traditional Latin Mass at Our Lady of Consolation in the Tacony neighborhood of Philadelphia. Until now the 2 p.m. Latin Mass … Continue reading
Yesterday, the Bishop of Madison, H.E. Robert Morlino, celebrated a Pontifical Mass in the older rite with the help of members of the Institute of Christ the King.
I am waiting for details.
You might remember that Bishop Morlino had a change … Continue reading
I have been getting notes from the head of the Newman Society at Oxford, asking for a reply.
I did reply, but I think you are not getting my mesasges.
In any event, I am contemplating a trip to the UK. If … Continue reading
It is fun to look at the stats for the blog to see where people are… more or less.
Here is a snapshot of some of your locations during the last 5 minutes or so.
Keep in mind this is not very … Continue reading
We have come to the last days of the Church’s preparation for the feast of the Nativity of the Lord.
Let’s look at the proper Collect for 17 December in the 2002 Missale Romanum:
COLLECT: Deus, humanae conditor et redemptor … Continue reading
On December 17th we enter into that final stretch of our Advent preparation. In the Church’s solemn prayer of the hours, at Vespers, the great "O Antiphons" are sung. Today we have … Continue reading
From Petrus we learn more about Archbp. Piero Marini’s new book. (My translation).
Now Msgr. Piero Marini takes aim: "The Roman Curia against the Second Vatican Council"
VATICAN CITY – In a book published for now only in English and presented on … Continue reading