Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Giuseppe said I went to a church for a few years where the high...
- JesusFreak84 said I usually attend an Eastern Rite parish, and bowin...
- Traductora said Getting back to the substance of Fr Fessio’s...
- Gerard Plourde said Like Nicholas, I find that in the past year my kne...
- Magash said At the parish where I am a catechist things are tr...
- Hans said Thanks for the link, Venerator Sti Lot.
- The Masked Chicken said “Oh, BTW, Huckleberry Finn was a character,...
- juergensen said A chip off the old block. The old man was a daily...
- Boniface said Fr Augustine Thompson: brilliant comment as always...
- Nicolas Bellord said When the sacrament is exposed a double genuflectio...
- Imrahil said Dear Rob22, the Holy Spirit does a great job in pr...
- Midwest St. Michael said Wow! Good for Mr. and Mrs. Lombardi. :^) This sto...
- jaykay said “The trivialization of liturgical worship, c...
- frjim4321 said “What, precisely, is the widespread damage y...
- iamlucky13 said When my schedule leads me to attend the nearest ch...
- jacobi said Apologies, apologies. Have posted on the wrong sec...
- jacobi said We have to be careful about dismissing all Jesuits...
- Sliwka said Regarding the knee jerk and the head bob, the same...
- jacobi said We have to be careful about dismissing all Jesuits...
- Jerry said re: frjim4321 – “the widespread damage...
- St. Rafael said So let me get this straight. The archbishops are g...
- bposullivan said Apparently Bergoglio thought the pallium ceremony...
- Augustine Thompson O.P. said Actually, as Father Z knows (I am not correcting h...
- Kate said When I enter a church that I am unfamiliar with an...
- HighMass said Jim in Seattle says: The Israelites were 40 years...
- Jim in Seattle said The Israelites were 40 years in the desert. It is...
- Bthompson said Maybe this has been mentioned, but… The rite...
- Papabile said I always used to bow toward the altar and genuflec...
- Andrew Saucci said After examination, my reaction to this is simply t...
- jameeka said 1) I love the manner of the Consecration in the fi...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Finding one’s way deeper into the Faith
- ASK FATHER: Where to bow or genuflect in confusing church
- Jesuits here, Jesuits there
- Videos of Solemn Masses 1960, 1962 at Ushaw Seminary
- Pope Francis will no longer impose the pallium on Archbishops
- Of Cardinals and Canaries
- Life with Capuchins? Take me back to jail!
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world – UPDATE
- San Francisco parish takes step in right direction. Sky falls on pastor’s head.
- Washington DC attacks religious freedom of Catholic schools
- Card. Burke’s sermon on marriage
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 17 December 2007
This week’s cover story on U.S. News & World Report is about the return to traditional forms of worship in various religions.
Here is some of the article. It is not all about the older form of Mass:
A Return to TraditionA … Continue reading
I think this might be Shishin but I am not sure.
Yesterday I was delighted both to attend a Mass with rose vestments (though they were sorta pink) and to use true rosacea.
I am in good company in not wanting to wear pink, or confuse it with liturgical rose, or rosacea … Continue reading
This is good news from the blog Philadelphia Roamin’ Catholic. My emphases:
To-day we had a new celebrant for the Traditional Latin Mass at Our Lady of Consolation in the Tacony neighborhood of Philadelphia. Until now the 2 p.m. Latin Mass … Continue reading
Yesterday, the Bishop of Madison, H.E. Robert Morlino, celebrated a Pontifical Mass in the older rite with the help of members of the Institute of Christ the King.
I am waiting for details.
You might remember that Bishop Morlino had a change … Continue reading
I have been getting notes from the head of the Newman Society at Oxford, asking for a reply.
I did reply, but I think you are not getting my mesasges.
In any event, I am contemplating a trip to the UK. If … Continue reading
It is fun to look at the stats for the blog to see where people are… more or less.
Here is a snapshot of some of your locations during the last 5 minutes or so.
Keep in mind this is not very … Continue reading
We have come to the last days of the Church’s preparation for the feast of the Nativity of the Lord.
Let’s look at the proper Collect for 17 December in the 2002 Missale Romanum:
COLLECT: Deus, humanae conditor et redemptor … Continue reading
On December 17th we enter into that final stretch of our Advent preparation. In the Church’s solemn prayer of the hours, at Vespers, the great "O Antiphons" are sung. Today we have … Continue reading
From Petrus we learn more about Archbp. Piero Marini’s new book. (My translation).
Now Msgr. Piero Marini takes aim: "The Roman Curia against the Second Vatican Council"
VATICAN CITY – In a book published for now only in English and presented on … Continue reading