HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Diane: They look delish, Father!
- Michael Haz: Cooking versus baking: cooking is art, baking is science.
- tho: In my opinion, as a layman, I can think of no other act by a priest, that manifests his dignity and reverence so well as when he is saying the TLM. Concelebra ted masses, especially with a...
- Bthompson: @CatholicT echGeek When you speak of priests “dre ssing down,̶ 1; do you mean: Priests ought not function at Mass in the manner of lower grades of Orders at all, Priests ought...
- ChesterFrank: I am no expert, but I suspect the temperatur e of the milk might influence to results. My guess leans towards room temperatur e rather than ice cold from the refrigerat or. I could...
- andy1_p: Please pray for a little boy from our TLM community who has recently been taken ill with possible leukemia.
- Stefan: Hi Fr. Z, One of my patron saints is St. Mary Magdalene; may she pray for us. I suggest figuring out what your oven is doing by using a high accuracy, digital thermomete r for your stove....
- Sandy: We are selling our house and have some interest in it. I am praying that we will choose the person/off er that is God’ s will and the one that will be a smooth process without probl...
- Dick Verbo: I always save some for July 25 (Thursday) , the Feast of St James. [I will not only save some, I think I’ll try making them again, with some of the tips I’ve been getting.]
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: For the repose of the soul of my father, who died on the first Friday of July.
- Anneliese: Please for pray for two of my friends, who are both Dominican friars. They are each starting new chapters in their lives. Please pray for the G family. Please pray for R to finish her...
- teomatteo: You know more than moi but I use MarthaR 17;s recipe and my wife is impressed with my results. And to impress my wife is a Good Thing.
- kat: For my mom’s eye to heal; and for her to get a larger apartment very soon, and on the first floor, so she doesn’t have to climb the steep steps.
- APX: FYI: the standard sized egg used in recipes is large unless otherwise specified.
- CatholicNerdGirl: Please, friends, pray fervently for the success of our adoption. We have had our dear baby girl since she was two weeks old and she will be two years old in September. She came...
- Tina in Ashburn: Please pray for our intentions – we desperatel y need to sell a house quickly. Also pray for the quick healing of my broken leg. So much to do and I sit helplessly . And many...
- chantgirl: Martin is just the American mouthpiece of the German Bishops. This is a coordinate d media blitz which is supposed to soften the ground ahead of the Amazoniacs Synod: https://ww w.life...
- Liz: Please continue to pray for Cardinal Pell (Archbisho p Vigano, hiding priests 211;well all suffering priests.)
- aviva meriam: Please pray for me: my family is in transition and I have three intentions .
- Filiolus: Please pray that my wife’ ;s upcoming labor and delivery is safe for her and the baby.
- Katherine: OK, I’ll bite. Since Fr. Martin criticizes his Church for its treatment of women, and Fr. Z has beautifull y demonstrat ed the state of women in the Jesuit arena, a wag might say:...
- Catholic Tech Geek: Concelebra tion makes sense within the context of the eastern churches. There is a (unwritten ) rule which says that only 1 Divine Liturgy can be celebrated on a given altar per...
- BaldMonk: I love this! This is sooooo catechetic al. I will share for sure.
- Ellen: Please pray for me. I am having cataract surgery in September.
- iamlucky13: I’m puzzled by this. Has any figure made a written argument against private Masses? I’m sure they wouldnR 17;t be as bold as to openly argue it’s a traditiona l...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Remembrance of Madeleines Past
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Concelebration, the rights of priests, and changing times
- @JamesMartinSJ – “It is stupefying that women can’t preach”, says the Jesuit. Oh, yeah? Here’s what’s truly stupefying.
- GREAT NEWS! Bp. Wall of @DioceseofGallup will celebrate Sundays ‘ad orientem’
- Earth’s Circular Shadow on the Moon – observed by Aristotle
- VIDEO which could help some participate more fully at the Traditional Latin Mass (and probably Novus Ordo too)
- 22 July: Mary Magdalene – one tough cookie
- ACTION ITEM! I’m Fr. Z and I endorse this ad. UPDATES
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FEAST DAY! 21 July 1773 – Clement XIV suppressed the Jesuits!
- WDTPRS – 16th Ordinary Sunday: Right now you are being hunted
- Mass texts for St. Elijah, Prophet – 20 July
- 20 July 1969 – Man on the Moon – 50 years ago
- Beans, beans, the musical fruit
- Pres. Trump running for Pope
- Building recruits for the New catholic Red Guards!
- New music from the London Oratory: Sacred Treasures of Spain!
- Toxic Masculinity and Sequels
- What a difference a day made
- ASK FATHER: Traditional “Supplied rites” after emergency or modern rite baptism
- Sick-Call Sets and You
- Day 2 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- 17 July 1794: “Mother, permission to die?”
- URGENT ACTION ITEM: Note from long-time reader who is dying
- 16 July 1969 – #Apollo11 and Our Lady of Mt Carmel
- Day 1 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- Mark Shea is sad because seminarians are Catholic
- Amazon Prime Day Discounts
- My View For Awhile: To the East and to priests
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Daily Archives: 17 December 2007
This week’s cover story on U.S. News & World Report is about the return to traditional forms of worship in various religions. Here is some of the article. It is not all about the older form of Mass: A Return … Continue reading
I think this might be Shishin but I am not sure. Anyone?
Yesterday I was delighted both to attend a Mass with rose vestments (though they were sorta pink) and to use true rosacea. I am in good company in not wanting to wear pink, or confuse it with liturgical rose, or … Continue reading
This is good news from the blog Philadelphia Roamin’ Catholic. My emphases: To-day we had a new celebrant for the Traditional Latin Mass at Our Lady of Consolation in the Tacony neighborhood of Philadelphia. Until now the 2 p.m. Latin … Continue reading
Yesterday, the Bishop of Madison, H.E. Robert Morlino, celebrated a Pontifical Mass in the older rite with the help of members of the Institute of Christ the King. I am waiting for details. You might remember that Bishop Morlino had … Continue reading
I have been getting notes from the head of the Newman Society at Oxford, asking for a reply. I did reply, but I think you are not getting my mesasges. In any event, I am contemplating a trip to the … Continue reading
It is fun to look at the stats for the blog to see where people are… more or less. Here is a snapshot of some of your locations during the last 5 minutes or so. Keep in mind this is … Continue reading
We have come to the last days of the Church’s preparation for the feast of the Nativity of the Lord. Let’s look at the proper Collect for 17 December in the 2002 Missale Romanum: COLLECT: Deus, humanae conditor et redemptor … Continue reading
On December 17th we enter into that final stretch of our Advent preparation. In the Church’s solemn prayer of the hours, at Vespers, the great "O Antiphons" are sung. Today we have the first. Years ago, I made a little … Continue reading
From Petrus we learn more about Archbp. Piero Marini’s new book. (My translation). Now Msgr. Piero Marini takes aim: "The Roman Curia against the Second Vatican Council" VATICAN CITY – In a book published for now only in English and … Continue reading
Papa Ratzinger, His Holiness Rome’s Bishop is… well… acting like a bishop. He burys the dead, namely his "hinge-men", Cardinals, who are of the clergy of Rome. He consecrates altars in new churches. He meets the folks. He wears … Continue reading