You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Tim Capps said Umbrella Stand Marine Corps? I think not! It just...
- FrDulli said What about the secret service? Or an intern from...
- Andrew Saucci said I am still hoping that I might live long enough to...
- Stu said Well, it’s not an unlawful order by the Comm...
- Tim Ferguson said Isn’t that a covered porch a few feet behind...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Clearly I wasn’t the only one put off by thi...
- Cantor said In a battle with protocol directives of the Marine...
- Andrew Saucci said While this is not good, it is a mere speck compare...
- chantgirl said Funny that Hollywood thinks Latin is cool enough t...
- maryh said He specifically requested the Marines because they...
- Late for heaven said THANK YOU Fr. Thompson!
- MarcAnthony said Isn’t Obama, as Commander in Chief, the ulti...
- VexillaRegis said These LCWR sisters behave like tone deaf singers....
- The Motley Monk said For what it’s worth, my thoughts were that t...
- JuliaSaysPax said I’m really excited that I get access to dail...
- maryh said @Imrahil Students will, in fair amounts, learn Lat...
- maryh said @frjim4321 Take your basic Midwest diocese in the...
- Jon said Father, “Since” Summorum Pontificum yo...
- Andrew said Maltese: Why not just have a Traditional Latin Mas...
- Supertradmum said Father Z., another great issue would be settled if...
- Suburbanbanshee said “Faest” included days of just plain ab...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said Late for heaven , Order a Dominican Rite pew bookl...
- Suburbanbanshee said “Recently heard something on EWTN that bothe...
- melanie said The parish priest is teaching the Pater Noster to...
- Late for heaven said I am fortunate to have access to a Dominican Rite...
- Cavaliere said I’d be the first to admit that it’s technically pe...
- Imrahil said Dear @Hank Igitur, I agree. Dear @Chicken, nomoret...
- Athelstan said “Why not just have a Traditional Latin Mass...
- Athelstan said “As far as I know, there has been no negativ...
- JonPatrick said I agree with the Chicken. It is silly to scapegoat...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
- QUAERITUR: People who walk away with Hosts
- WSJ on “The Trials of Father MacRae” – IMPORTANT
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 4 December 2008
Many thanks to J of AL who sent a wonderful panettone from my wish list! I am very grateful.
I shall have to find some prosecco to go with it and people to share it.
In the meantime, it’s off to the … Continue reading
From a reader:
Thanks for the website. It nevers fails to engage me. Deo gratia.
I have a cousin an elderly priest in Ireland. He visited us last week and we were discussing the TLM and I mentioned, "Say the Black Do … Continue reading
I decided during Advent to drill into the hymns in the Liturgia Horarum.
We begin today with the hymn for Vespers called Conditor alme siderum, with its variation Creator alme siderum as it was in Breviarium Romanum.
I dissect … Continue reading
From Mark Shea‘s place.
On Friday, December 12, the Pro-Life Action League will be co-sponsoring a solemn Mass at noon at Federal Plaza in downtown Chicago in honor of the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe.
This Mass, the first ever in … Continue reading
TLM in St George’s Cathedral, SouthwarkSaturday, December 6, 2008
11:00am – 12:15pm
Italian bakers give Pope a thousand loaves of ‘panettone’ for the poor
Rome, Dec 4, 2008 / 11:33 am (CNA).- L’Osservatore Romano reported this week that the Italian Federation of Bread Bakers has donated to the Pope one thousand loaves … Continue reading
I just found an interesting Firefox addon. Twitter Bar.
We continue our look at the Super oblata or "Prayer over the gifts" for Masses during Advent.
Today’s Super oblata is the same as that used for Monday of this week.
You can consult the entry HERE.
From a reader:
Perhaps you could pass along the news that Rorate Masses are being celebrated at Assumption Grotto each Tuesday evening, in the ordinary form, throughout Advent. They will try to provide candles for a stipend, but it would help … Continue reading