Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- LarryW2LJ said I agree with Sonshine135 – ignoring the fact...
- FruityPebbles said Phil, admittedly, I don’t know how the Churc...
- Sonshine135 said The Middle East is a powder keg. It always has bee...
- Supertradmum said Where are the Men of the West to fight real Crusad...
- torch621 said I’m on Israel’s side in this conflict....
- Phil_NL said FruityPebbles, Yes, I do think the Church should c...
- Adam Welp said @CrimsonCatholic Let me expand on your final line....
- FruityPebbles said Phil, are you proposing that the Church change its...
- CrimsonCatholic said @ Father Z, how are so many liberals commenting on...
- tcreek said A prophecy 100 years in coming? Irish poet William...
- Phil_NL said FruityPebbles Yes, that is the starting point as i...
- FruityPebbles said After reading the comments here, I think this poin...
- robtbrown said Re converted Idiot I recommend Jacques Maritain...
- robtbrown said Tzabiega I’ll preface my comments by saying...
- danube-bosphorus-moskva said It would be more true, if among signers of Declara...
- acardnal said “Meanwhile, ISIS is being helpful in their o...
- Reconverted Idiot said Otoh, contra the posts of tzabiega and kurtmasur a...
- cwillia1 said There is danger in a one-sided application of abst...
- kurtmasur said tzabiega wrote ” Stop being an Americanist (...
- tzabiega said Let’s face the truth. If the U.S. hadn̵...
- Fiat Domine said Father Z, I just have to say that I am so glad tha...
- Grateful to be Catholic said “… which the only solution is its dest...
- dowirz said Fr. Z., Let me know if you are interested in touri...
- Cantor said I look forward to seeing the movie, but won’...
- Sword40 said Don’t expect anything out of our current Gov...
- mo7 said This is also a real oldie: The Return of Rin Tin...
- Elizabeth D said I just saw a video of an interview with some Chris...
- jflare said OK, now I AM confused! I’d had the impressio...
- joecct77 said An Oldie but Goodie Christmas Holiday with Deanna...
- jflare said I would love to dissect a good bit of that last po...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Napa Institute: Day 2
- Another helpful suggestion (heaven help us)
- Napa Institute Conference: Day 1
- Latin America needs a revolution: a liberal and Catholic revolution
- “Annulments” and a distinction: juridical and/or sacramental
- Just Too Cool: Leo XIII’s Latin Riddles
- My View For Awhile: Left Coast Edition
- 22 July: St. Mary Magdalene (and homonymous cookies!)
- Many illegal aliens flooding across border have criminal records
- Fed Court rules Obamacare subsidies ILLEGAL in 36 states!
- Pope Francis prays for success of initiative to convert Anglicans
- World War I – 100 years out
- ISIS targeting Christians: “The West must step in now… or we will be wiped out.”
- Ex ore infantium… perfecisti laudem!
- “Forward!” he cried, showing them the crucifix, “Victory is ours.” – St. Lawrence of Brindisi
- When the priest confessor doesn’t use the proper Form of Absolution. Wherein Fr. Z advises.
- “the very essence of our republic and our reason are being overturned in the public order”
- Bp. Matano (D. Rochester) ends decades illicit practice of “lay preaching”
- Divide et impera: KGB influence on Middle East violence
- What Did the Imam Really Say? Revisited
- Fishwrap: less than enthusiastic about new ITC document on “sensus fidei”.
- Ecumenical consequences of C of E decision on women bishops (aka “wyshyps”)
- WDTPRS 16th Ordinary Sunday: The Enemy is seeking you!
- BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPERS REPORT 1
- REVIEW: Movie “Persecuted”
- Malaysian Airlines 17, Death and You
- VIDEO Aurora: just… wow
- Are you Middle Aged yet?
- “Thanks for your blog. It saved this seminarian from a particularly mortifying purification.”
- Compare and contrast: VIDEO – 1983 Pres. Reagan about Korean Air 007
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 8 December 2008
ante diem vi idus decembres
Rites in honour of Tiberinus and Gaia — not a lot is known about these rites; Tiberinus had a temple on the Tiber island and presided over the Tiber (of course); Gaia seems to … Continue reading
From a reader:
With the upcoming Feast of the Nativity of our Lord, I’m trying to decide on the perfect gift for an “on the fence” protestant, who by all counts, agrees with all things Catholic…he just needs a “nudge” and … Continue reading
Just askin’ ….
Are you looking at blogs less these days? More?
I received a wonderful and timely note:
I won’t clog up your busy time with a long email, but I wanted you to know how much I appreciate all that you do via the internet. I have been reading your blog … Continue reading
Horrible Outlook problems today. Soooooo irritating!
I think I’ll go to the library and run errands before the snowstorm strikes.
In the meantime, I will experiment with my Twitter ap on my phone. @fatherz
From a reader:
Last month you had a post about a priest’s letter to his parishioners about a dropped host. I’m wondering, what was the instruction that he printed on the other side of this letter? [Hmmm.... I don't know.]
I’m upset … Continue reading
The Holy Father was just at the Piazza di Spagna for the annual bestowing of the wreath of laurels on the statue of the Immaculate Conception.
From a priest reader:
After long delay, we’ve introduced Our Lady of Guadalupe into our calendar as a Feast, but now we have a problem: finding chants and texts! What is done in your community for Mass (Ordinary form) and Office … Continue reading
From a reader:
Dear Father, First of all, thank you for your blog. It’s a wonderful resource for a "revert" like myself, and I read it often. I have a question about what happened at today’s Mass, which seemed a bit "off". … Continue reading