When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
- FrMJPB said Donation first followed by prayer–done and d
- Venerator Sti Lot said Thank you for the news and the samples! Beautiful!...
- HeatherPA said Prayers and donations sent. As a stay at home moth...
- Gregg the Obscure said Thank you Fr. Z for pointing out this opportunity...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Does this familiar sound in the pseudonymous Bruce...
- Jean Marie said How terribly sad! I made my donation this morning...
- jaykay said Done, and prayers offered. Thanks for this, Father...
- NoraLee9 said I would LOVE to hire a catering service pounding o...
- NoraLee9 said Salvate omnibus! I have been in the Traditional mo...
- aquinas138 said We read a lot about “organic developmentR...
- Sonshine135 said For the guys out there, I hear so many times, R...
- jameeka said Thank you Fr Z, this explains a lot for people lik...
- O Felix Culpa said Canon Huberfeld mentioned yesterday before his ser...
- Elizabeth M said Sigh. I just wish priests would not “dress...
- Giuseppe said KAS, Did you tell two friends? And they told two...
- Diane said donated and praying for this family! Thanks Fathe...
- Fatherof7 said Done. Although I didn’t know these good peop...
- BillG said Done. Thanks for the heads up, Father.
- Elizabeth D said Small little donation and big prayers. I have a fr...
- Suburbanbanshee said Buttons for papal ordained priests – that...
- Fr_Sotelo said I do not get the fear, panic, and trembling of the...
- KAS said hmmm, well, I was telling people about what you sa...
- Giuseppe said Dear NO priest, I pray that you are creative and t...
- Elizabeth D said There are two distinct types of liturgical abuses,...
- I Contributed | The American Catholic said […] I received this note today. […]
- mamamagistra said Speaking of Notitiae, have a look at these two fro...
- Burke said What do you call a priest ordained by the Pope? Fa...
- Cantor said What about the magenta socks for monsignors? Were...
- Charles E Flynn said This is a remarkable appreciation: A Lion of the A...
- NBW said Interesting…. I like Fr. Z.”s strategi...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Shoulder cape on cassocks for priests
- ASK FATHER: Using the traditional offertory prayers in the Novus Ordo. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- More about my post: “When they come to destroy your business because you are pro-traditional family”
- New Chant CD from the outstanding Benedictine Monks of Norcia! (And a note about a pilgrimage.)
- Remembering Card. George with the Canons of St. John Cantius
- ACTION ITEM! Newly widowed mother of EIGHT! Please help.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- NEW “Pontifical Canon” for use by Bishops in the Extraordinary Form
- WDTPRS: 2nd Sunday after Easter (1962MR): devastation and rising
- Sr. Joan on ‘the soul’
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail or ¡Hagan lío!
- WWII Chaplain saying Mass as the armor rolls in
- Francis Card. George – RIP
- Of the LCWR and the end of the CDF “crackdown”
- San Francisco: ACTION ITEMS! SPIRITUAL BOUQUET! MASS MOB!
- ASK FATHER: What’s with all the kissing in the Extraordinary Form?
- ASK FATHER: 58 years old, never confessed, given Communion or confirmed. What now?
- ASK FATHER: Is it okay to have an Armenian Apostolic member as godparent for a Catholic?
- ASK FATHER: Does drinking alcohol before wedding affect validity of marriage?
- ASK FATHER: I made a hasty promise to God. Now what?
- Happy Birthday Holy Father! Benedict XVI – 88 yrs
- ASK FATHER: Marriage in “another suitable place”
- Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga: ongoing synodal process until result is obtained?
- Card. Brandmüller speaks bluntly
- SWISS GUARD ARMOR UPDATE!
- Regarding recent repasts
- The Wanderer’s Open Letter to Pope Francis
- Pontifical Mass in Hong Kong
- Card. Sarah in a new, wide-ranging interview
- Interesting SSPX development in Buenos Aires
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 8 December 2008
ante diem vi idus decembres
Rites in honour of Tiberinus and Gaia — not a lot is known about these rites; Tiberinus had a temple on the Tiber island and presided over the Tiber (of course); Gaia seems to … Continue reading
From a reader:
With the upcoming Feast of the Nativity of our Lord, I’m trying to decide on the perfect gift for an “on the fence” protestant, who by all counts, agrees with all things Catholic…he just needs a “nudge” and … Continue reading
Just askin’ ….
Are you looking at blogs less these days? More?
I received a wonderful and timely note:
I won’t clog up your busy time with a long email, but I wanted you to know how much I appreciate all that you do via the internet. I have been reading your blog … Continue reading
Horrible Outlook problems today. Soooooo irritating!
I think I’ll go to the library and run errands before the snowstorm strikes.
In the meantime, I will experiment with my Twitter ap on my phone. @fatherz
From a reader:
Last month you had a post about a priest’s letter to his parishioners about a dropped host. I’m wondering, what was the instruction that he printed on the other side of this letter? [Hmmm…. I don’t know.]
I’m upset … Continue reading
The Holy Father was just at the Piazza di Spagna for the annual bestowing of the wreath of laurels on the statue of the Immaculate Conception.
From a priest reader:
After long delay, we’ve introduced Our Lady of Guadalupe into our calendar as a Feast, but now we have a problem: finding chants and texts! What is done in your community for Mass (Ordinary form) and Office … Continue reading
From a reader:
Dear Father, First of all, thank you for your blog. It’s a wonderful resource for a "revert" like myself, and I read it often. I have a question about what happened at today’s Mass, which seemed a bit "off". … Continue reading