Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Gregorius said I thought I read something in St. Thomas posted so...
- JonPatrick said EF Mass, Jesus goes into the desert. The desert ca...
- ByzCath08 said @Elzium23…I don’t know that I would pa...
- ocleirbj said 1. Never negotiate with the devil. Know what God w...
- SKAY said When will l someone try to pass a similar law in t...
- Alice said Hey, the Mormons have them beat! They’ll mar...
- Mike said Fr. Z comments: I am picking up hints that a slit...
- lsclerkin said chon, Yes. Nothing hurts more than that. And if do...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said Fine talk, as usual. And this time, playing it in...
- APX said So does this mean that in France, consecrated vir...
- MikeToo said Father commented on how the weakest character in t...
- APX said And here I’ve been wondering whether it not...
- kpoterack said StnyPtGuy: “The other question at hand is:...
- StnyPtGuy said To get back on track … If I heard correctly,...
- truthfinder said I don’t know if it still is, but in the 1600...
- Venerator Sti Lot said I had something delicious at an Ethiopian restaura...
- Elizium23 said I think that traditionalism and the radical elemen...
- pseudomodo said I wonder what France would do in the case of same...
- mburn16 said To what extent are Priests actually trained in the...
- I am cloudowl said O that we had hard-identity, courageous leaders of...
- I am cloudowl said Good luck trying to consummate…
- Irradiated said Also, due to immemorial custom, muskrat is allowed...
- I am cloudowl said We had a guest preacher, who discussed the temptat...
- Michael said I think he has a particularly good point about spr...
- Jack in NH said We again made the trek to the monthly EF mass. Fa...
- Michael said Perhaps I’ll use this Lent to see if alligat...
- Wiktor said Soon we will see people “marrying” dea...
- RichardT said Changing the clocks is like Canute trying to hold...
- Joan M said When I ate alligator in Asuncion Paraguay it taste...
- Volanges said VexillaRegis, I believe for the purpose of Friday...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Lent, Alligators and You – Revisited
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FRANCE: Dead and Not-Yet-Dead Unions!
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 4 December 2009
A kind reader recently sent me a bag of Mystic Monk coffee beans.
I tried it this morning.
This is "Hermit’s Bold Blend".
I will have to try a stronger batch tomorrow. I like a pretty sturdy brew.
This was not bad, … Continue reading
From CNA with emphases and comments:
Holy See endorses study analyzing priests’ use of internet
Rome, Italy, Dec 4, 2009 / 03:01 pm (CNA).- An international research project is attempting to discover how priests perceive and use the internet. [It’ll NEVER catch … Continue reading
I have never before seen the blog of His Excellency Most Rev. Terence Prendergast, Archbishop of Ottawa, but I think I will return.
This is a guy after my own blogging heart.
First, I remember reports from a friend of mine who … Continue reading
From a reader:
I just wanted to let you know a bit of good news, I served for the first time at a sung TLM this evening at SS Gregory & Augustine Church in Oxford, England. We have so many TLMs … Continue reading
For you who are into photography.
What software are you using to edit or to create?
I want to direct your attention to an interview on Minnesota Public Radio with the Archbishop of St. Paul and Minneapolis, His Excellency Most Rev. John Nienstedt. He is interviewed about health care reform and the increasingly audible role of … Continue reading
I was away for a while.
Boy, are they glad I’m back!
Where ya’ been?
They eat by your donations! Thanks for your help in the past.
From America Magazine with my emphases and comments.
I have a "modest proposal" at the end.
The piece was written by Fr. Michael G. Ryan, Rector of St. James Cathedral in Seattle, WA. Here is something about him from the site of … Continue reading
From a reader:
Dear Father,allow me to bring to your (and your readers’) attention a Solemn High Mass (EF) to be celebrated this Sunday, Dec. 6, 2:00pm, at Holy Spirit Church in Lantana, FL. This will be the first such celebration … Continue reading