"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- IoannesPetrus said acroat: I believe that they probably are as accura...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said The late Fr. Benedict Groeschel, God rest his soul...
- gracie said I saw the video that was taken down. It was factu...
- aviva meriam said There are several priests locally who “occas...
- Choirmaster said Best advice: out of sight. Whatever you can do to...
- Mary Jane said I have traveled to Rome twice, and I always enjoy...
- pseudomodo said I have wondered long and hard about the Holy Fathe...
- Maltese said Lyons says: “See his name badge strap. Voris...
- LarryW2LJ said That one Swiss Guard historic uniform (the one in...
- AnAmericanMother said Back rows, definitely. Acoustically this generally...
- tominrichmond said Ummm, yes, can’t understand why a factual re...
- CrimsonCatholic said I wondered the same thing acroat. Since when is b...
- TheAcolyte said Why does Vorris (et al) always cite the wild asser...
- IoannesPetrus said Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Perhaps more space could be ma...
- Southern Baron said Our parish, like many, rearranged things in the 80...
- Kathleen10 said I’m still not sure why he needed to apologiz...
- acardnal said There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism...
- IoannesPetrus said StnyPtGuy, JonPatrick: “the Rev. Lawrence Di...
- sekman said That amice is incredible! Not only would launderin...
- Fr Martin Fox said I don’t see how this is Mr. Voris hanging Ca...
- acardnal said robtbrown, did you see my comment under “Pop...
- acroat said Do some of the commenters believe the buzzed.com a...
- acroat said Do some of the commenters believe the buzzed.com a...
- IoannesPetrus said I forgot to add, re: my last point on who can crit...
- IoannesPetrus said I think everyone’s missing the point or taki...
- Lyons said See his name badge strap. Voris is a Notre Dame g...
- Titus said Vestments are nice, but I want to know where my pa...
- tcreek said My parish has a large (never used) choir loft. The...
- Unwilling said The person of the Pope, Pope Francis now, is sacre...
- robtbrown said StnyPtGuy says: Is the Father Lawrence DiNardo me...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: The priest changes many things during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Placement of choir
- Michael Voris, Card. Burke… corrections
- ROME – Day 3: Vestments, cont. Other stuff.
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
- ASK FATHER: Lay people purifying vessels at Mass
- Card Sarah of Africa on Synod
- ASK FATHER: Can’t get real baptism certificate! Wedding in six weeks!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 7 December 2009
Here is a spur of the moment PODCAzT which I put together in record speed! As I approach 100 PODCAzTs I am trying to figure out what I want to do with these audio projects, change formats, keep going, or … Continue reading
I have tentative plans to be in Berlin, NJ at Mater Ecclesiae to help out for a few days. Not yet concrete.
For the Paradise or Parking Lot folder I picked up this comment from CMR:
Boy, am I missing Bishop Joseph Martino. Does anybody think that Senator Bob Casey [D-PA] would be able to fly under the radar as he has if … Continue reading
Not long ago I was getting e-mails from people about a parish where a speaker identified as a "Liberation theologian" was scheduled to speak.
That puzzled me a little.
Don’t get me wrong, in a sense Joseph Ratzinger was a bit of … Continue reading
I love duct tape. I prefer to call it 100 MPH Tape, as in the military, or, as the Germans call it Panzer Tape… but whatever you call it, it is good stuff.
I am presently trying to fix … Continue reading
A great initiative reported by ZENIT:
Chicago-Area Dioceses to Invite Catholics Home
Ad Campaign to Span 21 Counties, 357 Parishes
By Genevieve Pollock
CHICAGO, DEC. 4, 2009 (Zenit.org).- The local parish communities of the Chicago, Joliet and Rockford dioceses are joining forces to invite … Continue reading
This one, from the Daily Mail, has me scratching my head.
Can we see your documents please, Your Majesty… Queen faces anti-terror checks every time she leaves UK
By Jason Lewis, Mail on Sunday Security EditorLast updated at 10:08 PM on 05th … Continue reading
On Friday 11 Dec. in St. Paul, Minnesota, my native place, the Archdiocese is formally saying goodbye to one of its sons, now Bishop-Elect Paul Sirba, who will be consecrated as the new Bishop on Duluth on 14 December.
As I … Continue reading
Today’s first entry in the Martyrologium Romanum says:
1. Memoria sancti Ambrisii, episcopi Mediolanensis et Ecclesiae doctoris, qui pridie Nonas aprilis in Domino obdormivit, sed hac die potissimum colitur, qua celebrem sedem adhuc catechumenus gubernandam suscepit, cum civitatis praefecturae officio … Continue reading