- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Cordelio said It’s a good article – and I think the...
- unavoceman said I certainly cop to doing it myself – but I h...
- Spade said I use Laudate in the confessional. The confessiona...
- Ben Kenobi said ‘And the homosexualist movement has added a...
- DisturbedMary said The long and the short of it is this guy rocks the...
- Southern Baron said Front page is excessive for anybody who is not a m...
- louder said I’ve stopped bring an iPhone to the confessi...
- Liz said I had never seen the show. I was always baffled wh...
- Kyle said The strongest message to take out of this is that...
- Andrew said I have noticed also on TV an occasional coverage o...
- gatormom said All I know is that a mini duck call necklace makes...
- Mike said I saw this trash, and didn’t read it. NYTime...
- Suburbanbanshee said If a confesser’s or priest’s phone but...
- majuscule said Thank you for the link to the app, unavoceman! Ver...
- khw8814 said Speaking as a redneck who is happy to see somethin...
- Grabski said The Pope’s call to the confessional will def...
- Grabski said This Pope will be remembered for his reminding us...
- Muv said Padre Pio didn’t refer to newspapers as The...
- Cathy said Interesting! I’ve watched a little of the s...
- Supertradmum said The crazies are running the lunatic asylum…....
- Supertradmum said I know many priests who use their tablets for the...
- unavoceman said Guess I’ll have to join the choir :)
- Geoffrey said “If Fox can let go people who are not blond...
- Stvsmith2009 said Just FYI, A&E is partially owned by Disney/ABC...
- CatholicLiving said “I’m sorry, but anyone who uses any sort of...
- tcreek said I have never seen the show as I never watch televi...
- S.Armaticus said I had a grad school professor who also said that b...
- mamajen said People bring up good points about listening device...
- DavidR said Being an unreconstructed ossified manualist, I ten...
- ronrule said I have no problem with tech in church. But I gotta...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Proper “clericalism” defined and defended
- Hell’s Bible and a Secular Apotheosis: another lesson in our “culture war”
- QUAERITUR: Father had an iPad in the confessional!
- Comments on the Duck Dynasty controversy
- ADVENTCAzT 20: 3rd Friday of Advent – “in front of him stands The Tempter…”
- The Feeder Feed: Yes, another XPGF and The Eyes have it
- Cracks in the liberal adulation of Pope Francis
- ACTION ITEM! Help the Nuns on the Bus!
- QUAERITUR: Can I change my voice to fool the confessor?
- Hint: It ain’t Mozart.
- Pope: Curial officials should hear confessions
- ADVENTCAzT 19: 3rd Thursday of Advent – His domain is oecumenical
- Invention to help hearing-impaired make a good confession
- My View For Awhile
- Judge gives relief to Archd. NY against the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- Pat Archbolds’ Open Letter to Pope Francis on Franciscan Friars
- ADVENTCAzT 18: 3rd Wednesday of Advent – religion has dissolved into an emotion, but…
- Pope approves canonization of St. Peter Faber, waiving the usual process
- Fatherless homes a key factor in school shootings, teen delinquency
- 17 Dec: 77th Birthday of His Holiness Pope Francis
- ADVENTCAzT 17: 3rd Tuesday of Advent – The innermost core of the mystery of Christmas
- VIDEO Islamists Attack Towering Christ Statue in Syria, Bomb Monastery
- Must read: Camille Paglia on feminist disrespect for men
- St. David, king, prophet, sinner, penitent – 16 or 29 Dec?
- NEW Z-SWAG: “I am a Self-Absorbed Promethean Neopelagian and proud of it.”
- QUAERITUR: Ember Day coincides with feast day
- ADVENTCAzT 16: 3rd Monday of Advent – hectic commercialism, hushed mystery
- Buy Soap from Dominicans… NOW. No. Really! TODAY!
- Kindle book by Pope Francis FREE today, Sunday [UPDATE: Still not too bad.]
- Peter O’Toole: R.I.P. Fr. Z POLL
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“The Saints are not supermen, nor were they born perfect. They are like us, like each one of us. They are people who, before reaching the glory of heaven, lived normal lives with joys and sorrows, struggles and hopes. What changed their lives? When they recognized God’s love, they followed it with all their heart without reserve or hypocrisy. They spent their lives serving others, they endured suffering and adversity without hatred and responded to evil with good, spreading joy and peace. This is the life of a Saint. Saints are people who for love of God did not put conditions on him in their life; they were not hypocrites; they spent their lives at the service of others. They suffered much adversity but without hate. The Saints never hated. Understand this well: love is of God, then from whom does hatred come? Hatred does not come from God but from the devil! And the Saints removed themselves from the devil; the Saints are men and women who have joy in their hearts and they spread it to others. Never hate but serve others, the most needy; pray and live in joy. This is the way of holiness! Being holy is not a privilege for the few, as if someone had a large inheritance; in Baptism we all have an inheritance to be able to become saints. Holiness is a vocation for everyone. Thus we are all called to walk on the path of holiness, and this path has a name and a face: the face of Jesus Christ.”
- Pope Francis, Angelus, 1 Nov 2013
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Daily Archives: 7 December 2009
Here is a spur of the moment PODCAzT which I put together in record speed! As I approach 100 PODCAzTs I am trying to figure out what I want to do with these audio projects, change formats, keep going, or … Continue reading
I have tentative plans to be in Berlin, NJ at Mater Ecclesiae to help out for a few days. Not yet concrete.
For the Paradise or Parking Lot folder I picked up this comment from CMR:
Boy, am I missing Bishop Joseph Martino. Does anybody think that Senator Bob Casey [D-PA] would be able to fly under the radar as he has if … Continue reading
Not long ago I was getting e-mails from people about a parish where a speaker identified as a "Liberation theologian" was scheduled to speak.
That puzzled me a little.
Don’t get me wrong, in a sense Joseph Ratzinger was a bit of … Continue reading
I love duct tape. I prefer to call it 100 MPH Tape, as in the military, or, as the Germans call it Panzer Tape… but whatever you call it, it is good stuff.
I am presently trying to fix … Continue reading
A great initiative reported by ZENIT:
Chicago-Area Dioceses to Invite Catholics Home
Ad Campaign to Span 21 Counties, 357 Parishes
By Genevieve Pollock
CHICAGO, DEC. 4, 2009 (Zenit.org).- The local parish communities of the Chicago, Joliet and Rockford dioceses are joining forces to invite … Continue reading
This one, from the Daily Mail, has me scratching my head.
Can we see your documents please, Your Majesty… Queen faces anti-terror checks every time she leaves UK
By Jason Lewis, Mail on Sunday Security EditorLast updated at 10:08 PM on 05th … Continue reading
On Friday 11 Dec. in St. Paul, Minnesota, my native place, the Archdiocese is formally saying goodbye to one of its sons, now Bishop-Elect Paul Sirba, who will be consecrated as the new Bishop on Duluth on 14 December.
As I … Continue reading
Today’s first entry in the Martyrologium Romanum says:
1. Memoria sancti Ambrisii, episcopi Mediolanensis et Ecclesiae doctoris, qui pridie Nonas aprilis in Domino obdormivit, sed hac die potissimum colitur, qua celebrem sedem adhuc catechumenus gubernandam suscepit, cum civitatis praefecturae officio … Continue reading