You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- AA Cunningham said It’s not an impeachable offense and it is be...
- Jeannie_C said Hughie – I have to admit, this has been our...
- Jeannie_C said We are blessed to have a number of Permanent Deaco...
- LarryW2LJ said It’s not being blown out of proportion, as I...
- UncleBlobb said Father Z., it is very interesting where the prayer...
- Hughie said My brother-in-law, John — a former Fire Brig...
- AA Cunningham said “According to Marine Corps regulation MCO P1...
- Bosco said Deaconite? Time to turn off the night light and ta...
- Martial Artist said Fathers (Z and Martin Fox), I am forced by conscie...
- Imrahil said Dear @maryh, most universities required at least t...
- Jeannie_C said One of your best posts ever, Fr. Z. Thank you!
- VexillaRegis said Billy: Watch out for Fr. Z’s secret identica...
- wmeyer said Father, while you are at it, do make certain that...
- Jack Regan said Can’t he carry his own umbrella like the res...
- Ted said “Without the RAM, the operating system shoul...
- yatzer said “brothers and sisters who through their work...
- mattg said Father, A few thoughts on your computer trouble:...
- LarryW2LJ said That meme that was linked to asked what the differ...
- JabbaPapa said Without the RAM, the operating system should not f...
- billy said Father I’m glad you admitted you were wrong...
- Peter in Canberra said the photoshopped umbrella raising is funny. it is...
- Konstantin said Thank you Father, I feel learned now ;-) A blessed...
- Christopher said Jabba: This can be caused by a variety of differen...
- Christopher said Also Father, as others have stated, do not go beyo...
- Christopher said Father, Can you access the BIOS (either F2, F8, or...
- VexillaRegis said Even the Queen of England carries her umbrellas he...
- Bea said My First thought was the Arrogance of this man. to...
- JabbaPapa said I am trying to revive the old “mothership”. I thin...
- Dave N. said On some past presidents and their umbrellas: held...
- 8 Things to Know and Share about Pentecost - Big Pulpit said [...] Morgue & Other Tales by Edgar Allan Poe...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 15 December 2009
From CNA with my emphases:
Catholic reporter fired over comment on same-sex ‘marriage’ campaign
Portland, Maine, Dec 15, 2009 / 09:56 pm (CNA).- A localized media frenzy has ensued after a Catholic reporter was let go from his 19-year position at a … Continue reading
It is nice to see that His Hermeneuticalness had a Solemn Mass at Blackfen and used their new rose set.
The Mulier Fortis has photos.
Technorati Tags: Gaudete Sunday
I picked up from Paolo Rodari’s blog, Palazzo Apostolico, that the Holy Father denied permission to His Eminence Cormac Murphy-O’Connor, Archbishop Emeritus of Westminster, to enter the House of Lords.
Not only is the Cardinal still a member of the … Continue reading
This is from the Catholic Key, blog of the newspaper of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph:
Evil’s Afoot – Pray for Senator Ben Nelson
If a Senate source is accurate, things are getting nasty for the pro-life Senator from Nebraska. Michael … Continue reading
The Holy Father’s message for the Word Day for Peace 2010 has been released. It focuses on the environment. The title, in English, is "If you want to cultivate peace, protect creation", which sounds like the old line of Paul … Continue reading
I can’t access the site of SSPX Bp. Williamson, but some of you have sent me his latest message, which I look at with my emphases and comments.
ELEISON COMMENTS CXXVII (Dec. 12, 2009) : CALMING CONFUSION.
It has taken three … Continue reading
The Taunton Gazette, a Newspaper in Massachusetts, has a story which show just how dopey some of our educators are becoming.
Taunton second-grader suspended over drawing of JesusFather angered by forced psychological evaluation of boy, 8
By Gerry Tuoti, Staff WriterGateHouse News … Continue reading
MOTU PROPRIO: VARIATIONS TO THE CODE OF CANON LAW
VATICAN CITY, 15 DEC 2009 (VIS) – Made public today was Benedict XVI’s Motu Proprio, "Omnium in mentem". The document is dated 26 October 2009 and contains two variations … Continue reading
From the Martyrologium Romanum:
1. Commemoratio sancti Valeriani, episcopi Avensani in Africa, qui, octogenarius amplius, in persecutione vandalica a Genserico rege ariano expetitus, ut Ecclesiae utensilia traderet, cum hoc facere constanter renuisset, extra civitatem singularis iussus est pelli; et cum praeceptum … Continue reading