Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- majuscule said I realize I did not have to visit the Fishwrap web...
- rodin said Did Archbishop Cordileone tell her she would not b...
- DavidMiller said I stayed home and prayed the ancient service of Te...
- BLB Oregon said “She’s been long gone anyway and openly so....
- JesusFreak84 said I attend a Ukrainian-Catholic parish, so this does...
- Lin said Unfortunately due to lack of catechism, many Catho...
- acardnal said “Faithful America”? I’m sure gl...
- acardnal said It’s good to see her on her knees for a chan
- fishonthehill said UGH! After reading all these posts I cringe at the...
- frjim4321 said Might want to check your definitions: there’s noth...
- OrthodoxChick said BLB Oregon, “It would not be right to wish t...
- lisag said Father, do you read all of the comments? At Our La...
- Blaise said We had twelve men. But bizzarely one of them was w...
- everett said Perhaps this is a portent of things to come, of fi...
- Suburbanbanshee said We have a priesthood of all believers, the exact s...
- BLB Oregon said The headline sum it up very well: “Nancy Pel...
- everett said At our small parish in the Diocese of Santa Rosa,...
- James Mary Evans said For the first time in 11 years of our family atten...
- sthelensrcbarry said In my parish, 10 men and 2 women had their feet wa...
- bernadette said Here in the archdiocese of Los Angeles, at Ss. Pet...
- excalibur said Well…… pope Pelosi at work. I had post...
- YorkshireStudent said Three days in Middlesbrough Cathedral, N Yorks. Ho...
- Father Ignotus said I tried to encode the link in the words “on...
- Charles E Flynn said The is the most profound and scholarly analysis I...
- Father Ignotus said I concelebrated at St James, Spanish Place in Lond...
- AnAmericanMother said Well, I thought this was the Episcopal church with...
- Charles E Flynn said Short Meditations on the Stations of the Cross, by...
- Facta Non Verba said Well done. Thank you Father.
- Not Quite True (Baseball Post) | Malcolm the Cynic said [...] Fr. Z, on his blog, posted this cool story a...
- avatquevale said Meanwhile, in San Francisco… Pelosi plays po...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
- Z-SWAG: In The Wild – Phoenician Edition
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 15 December 2009
From CNA with my emphases:
Catholic reporter fired over comment on same-sex ‘marriage’ campaign
Portland, Maine, Dec 15, 2009 / 09:56 pm (CNA).- A localized media frenzy has ensued after a Catholic reporter was let go from his 19-year position at a … Continue reading
It is nice to see that His Hermeneuticalness had a Solemn Mass at Blackfen and used their new rose set.
The Mulier Fortis has photos.
Technorati Tags: Gaudete Sunday
I picked up from Paolo Rodari’s blog, Palazzo Apostolico, that the Holy Father denied permission to His Eminence Cormac Murphy-O’Connor, Archbishop Emeritus of Westminster, to enter the House of Lords.
Not only is the Cardinal still a member of the … Continue reading
This is from the Catholic Key, blog of the newspaper of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph:
Evil’s Afoot – Pray for Senator Ben Nelson
If a Senate source is accurate, things are getting nasty for the pro-life Senator from Nebraska. Michael … Continue reading
The Holy Father’s message for the Word Day for Peace 2010 has been released. It focuses on the environment. The title, in English, is "If you want to cultivate peace, protect creation", which sounds like the old line of Paul … Continue reading
I can’t access the site of SSPX Bp. Williamson, but some of you have sent me his latest message, which I look at with my emphases and comments.
ELEISON COMMENTS CXXVII (Dec. 12, 2009) : CALMING CONFUSION.
It has taken three … Continue reading
The Taunton Gazette, a Newspaper in Massachusetts, has a story which show just how dopey some of our educators are becoming.
Taunton second-grader suspended over drawing of JesusFather angered by forced psychological evaluation of boy, 8
By Gerry Tuoti, Staff WriterGateHouse News … Continue reading
MOTU PROPRIO: VARIATIONS TO THE CODE OF CANON LAW
VATICAN CITY, 15 DEC 2009 (VIS) – Made public today was Benedict XVI’s Motu Proprio, "Omnium in mentem". The document is dated 26 October 2009 and contains two variations … Continue reading
From the Martyrologium Romanum:
1. Commemoratio sancti Valeriani, episcopi Avensani in Africa, qui, octogenarius amplius, in persecutione vandalica a Genserico rege ariano expetitus, ut Ecclesiae utensilia traderet, cum hoc facere constanter renuisset, extra civitatem singularis iussus est pelli; et cum praeceptum … Continue reading