Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Former Altar Boy said ” In 17 years of being a Catholic I have NEV...
- Elizabeth D said Grateful for the bird feeder update. If he is not...
- Diane at Te Deum Laudamus said Speaking of kitties – the Lions beat the Pa...
- The Masked Chicken said Yes, Yes, Yes and blah, blah, blah (to quote Vala...
- robtbrown said Gretta, 1. My understanding is that positions o...
- Lin said “But marriage should be a key topic in catec...
- ckdexterhaven said I’m just waiting for a blogger to tell us to...
- Andrew D said Father Z, if you have time, I have a question for...
- Cordelio said I think that Dr. Peters’s 1996 article, R...
- anilwang said I disagree. Real women don’t wear baby cloth...
- Rachel K said Thorfinn says: “The root problem with the ab...
- Charles E Flynn said In case you missed this recent clarification: From...
- mrshopey said DYK that Hello Kitty is actually a little girl dre...
- Kathleen10 said Fr. Z. I think you are right. Not that pecking aw...
- John of Chicago said Da Bears vs the Jets tonight; God’s in His H...
- The Cobbler said Nicholas, I believe Fr. Z is writing from either o...
- gretta said I think you are right that dioceses should spend m...
- The Cobbler said To be honest, I think the people who used to liste...
- Unwilling said HeatherPA, my heart goes out to you. Mt 10:34ff. &...
- everett said Hopefully this is the first (and last) time in the...
- jmcj said “From this point onward…days will be i...
- roseannesullivan said Just as an aside, the framework for the canopy was...
- FruityPebbles said I wish Dr. Peters would blog more. I love his post...
- Titus said P.S. – I should note, in justice, that I am...
- roseannesullivan said Fr Z wrote, “We are seeing in our own day somethin...
- Titus said If a change was made away from it being a juridica...
- roseannesullivan said To answer some questions and respond to some previ...
- Phil_NL said For my grandmother, whose time on this earth might...
- The Cobbler said True story: My dad keeps saying he needs to photos...
- The Cobbler said The first workers were getting everything they nee...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- These days, this is what I feel is being done to our Church.
- Wherein Fr. Z rants
- We are at your planet’s tipping point!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Talk Like A Pirate Day – FOOT NOTE
- WDTPRS 25th Ordinary Sunday: Do you have unfinished business?
- “Be Thou King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism….”
- PSA: Talk Like A Pirate Day
- The blood of San Gennaro liquefied!
- Irish bishop caves under pressure, won’t ordain only male deacons
- ¡Hagan lío! TLM now more than ever!
- Up and away! St. Joseph of Cupertino
- RECENT NOTES and THANKS TO READERS
- HAM RADIO stuff again: Echolink QSL request by RADIOGRAM.
- Card. Kasper accused other Cardinals of attacking the Pope
- Synods and Sausage: having a Church isn’t for the squeamish
- ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- “There are not a series of rules made up by the Church; they constitute divine law, and the Church cannot change them.”
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
- Crux – Fr. Z’s initial observations
- Our Sorrowful Mother, Queen of Martyrs
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Daily Archives: 19 December 2009
I had a very fine left over carcass!
I am making soup. Chicken soup.
A savory roasted chicken having been consumed, I extracted from the freezer stock made at various times in the summer, to which, as it … Continue reading
You knew that as soon as the ball started rolling again in the cause of Pope Pius XII, as Pope Benedict XVI did today, the naysayers would resume their detraction.
What always astonishes me is how the earlier lies so … Continue reading
Some posts of interest:
ALERT! Maniples in the news!
Is the Holy See “copyrighting” Ven. Pope John Paul’s name?
PETITION PROJECT HELP REQUEST: We’ve Waited Long Enough
Intriguing book by SSPX – “The Problem … Continue reading
On the site of a newspaper in SW Illinois, St. Louis, bnd.com there is an article about the Bishop of Belleville, Most Rev. Edward Braxton.
It seems that in one of the parishes in the diocese of Belleville, people are not … Continue reading
I am guessing that in the wake of the declaration of Pius XII as Venerable, there may be a few dust ups in the press. I am guessing there will be polls about this, too.
Keep an eye out for polls?
I don’t know how many times I have had discussions with liberal priests about the use of the maniple. For some reasons liberals hate maniples, which in itself is a good enough reason to wear them as often as possible. … Continue reading
Over at the excellent Lion & Cardinal there is an entry about today’s traditional observance of the Expectation of the Blessed Virgin.
My emphases and comments:
Dom Prosper Gueranger:
This feast, which is now kept not only throughout the whole … Continue reading
For the following, keep two points in mind.
Priests will tell you that they often hear some pretty amazing confessions when they visit a parish where they are not usually assigned, or even when they are traveling. It is … Continue reading
The title of "Venerable" is given to those whom Holy Church determined within a reasonable doubt lived a heroic life of virtue. The Congregation for Causes of Saints examines the documentation presented to make the case that the Servant of … Continue reading
DECLARATION ON THE PROTECTION OF THE FIGURE OF THE POPE
Recent years have witnessed a great increase of affection and esteem for the person of the Holy Father. There has also been a desire to use the Pope’s name … Continue reading