Fr. Z’s Rome Trip Fund…CLICK TO SEND ME FAR AWAY!
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- VexillaRegis said Dear Supertradmum, I’m praying for you!
- Supertradmum said urgent..house I had to live in for six months is n...
- Charivari Rob said Thank you, PostCatholic – that made it easy...
- Therese said Thanks, Father G, for running that St. Joseph prop...
- Therese said “There’s a liturgical change coming up that...
- carolina publican said I am not a canon lawyer, or a civil one, though I...
- PostCatholic said Nice letter from a Unitarian hero. There’s a...
- The Sicilian Woman said YES! **fist pump** In contrast to his being the m...
- Tina in Ashburn said Dear @Imrahil, The excerpt is about unlawful powe...
- Skeinster said Two requests, please: For a young mother of two,...
- Father G said Jimmy Akin from Catholic Answers says he spoke to...
- Kathleen10 said I’m long convinced the Americans of the past...
- brhenry said I am confused. Are the dates of “accomplish...
- jaykay said jhayes: it will provide a view of how well they...
- Subvet said Oh Mommy, please make the stupid man shut up!
- MangiaMamma said Attended a Thanksgiving Mass today for one of our...
- xsosdid said My daughter Mary had her grade 8 grad last evening...
- Mike Morrow said O’Hannigan writes: “Second (and also...
- rcg said ‘O’zymandias.
- jhayes said Jaykay, July 12 is coming. It should give us a cha...
- Imrahil said I tend to make one exception. Those who went to wa...
- ridiculusmus said You still have not corrected the text in the post.
- Supertradmum said Well, people need to make little decisions daily...
- jaykay said jhayes: Yes indeed, and that exists also in the Re...
- cwalshb said Father, perhaps we could have a post, with sources...
- Doge of Venice said Adding St. Joseph to the Canon may have been a tes...
- padredana said Here in the diocese of Sioux Falls, SD we just rec...
- BridgetTheresa said Let’s ask the intercession of Saint Patrick...
- jhayes said Jaykay wrote: “we don’t have to find a...
- Laura Lea said Father Z’s post today certainly reflects wha...
Show public support!
Wyoming Catholic College!
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- “Better to die honorably in the field than ignominiously hang upon the gallows.”
- ACTION ITEM! ST. JOSEPH’s name NOW in Eucharistic Prayers II, III, IV
- “When ‘Guitar Masses’ became a chew toy between traditionalists and progressives
- Pres. Obama sticks his nose into Catholic education in IRELAND
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- What is your good news?
- QUAERITUR: Wouldn’t audible prayers in the Extraordinary Form be better?
- Request for Prayers
- WDTPRS 11th Ordinary Sunday: God begins and completes the meritorious things we do
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday after Pentecost – Our rebellious wills.
- Irish PM ‘c’atholic Enda Kenny – what a classy guy
- What is “lobby” all about in the Vatican “gay lobby” chatter going on?
- POLLS: Latin and/or Vernacular at Low Mass (TLM)
- Hunger Bones
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS and MASS for benefactors
- QUAERITUR: Vernacular only readings in traditional Low Mass?
- Different confessional practices/customs around the world
- CLERGY and CLERGY ON CALL Car Magnets
- Want a TLM in your parish? Here is how it was done in one place!
- QUAERITUR: Confessional etiquette
- Catholic League’s head: Pope Francis should expel Vatican’s ‘Gay Lobby’
- Human rights? Over-rated.
- Nancy Pelosi: late-term abortion “sacred ground”
- WISCONSIN: Legislation requiring ultrasounds
- Of Star Wars and Immanentism and Birdcages and Elite Snobbery. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Schadenfreude and Reform of the Roman Curia
- QUAERITUR: Distance of a priest’s valid consecration
- Document ready for close of Year of Faith
- Of Devils and Agencies and Metadata and You
- “You have the right to remain silent.”
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… check it out!
You keep this blog going.
Daily Archives: 26 December 2009
It is steamy in here and there are way too many people but a trip to the Met Museum us always worth the trouble.
I especially wanted to see the recovered Velasquez and American Stories.
I saw on Vultus Christi that the Cathedral of Longford, Ireland, has burned.
Do say a pray for the folks there. That is a heavy loss.
The faithful in Ireland have really suffered lately.
It’s raining and blowing in blustery Manhattan.
On such a day I am glad that the rectory is so close to one of the best Chinese restaurants on the island.
Thus as I wait for the main I am enjoying some Hot … Continue reading
… I wonder if the issue of the sedia gestatoria should be revisited.
In years past when the Holy Father was carried on the sedia gestatoria, there were adequate lines of men flanking the chair bearers so that no one could … Continue reading
On Christmas Day I friends and went to Katz’s Deli on Houston.
This is a BUSY place.
The owner, schmoozing. This is one of many reasons why the business is good.
Since I couldn’t decide easily what to order, one … Continue reading
What did you wind up doing for Christmas?
Let us know about the good content of sermons you heard.
Get anything special? Give anything special?
From a reader in Poland:
We (me & my wife) are searching the network for good, noble and beautiful patterns of filet crochet church laces for bordering altar clothes, cottas and surplices for our church.
I am sure that You can ask … Continue reading
A friend here in NYC asked an interesting question yesterday. I want to enlist the help of other readers to come up with the answer.
Here are the basics. Apparently Pope Pius V wrote a "Litanies of the Love of God". … Continue reading