You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- LarryW2LJ said If I may. In addition to the fine spiritual advic...
- StJude said I notice the same thing… although not weird...
- Anne M. said Phil_NL says: Also since there nowadays is a gap...
- DisturbedMary said Looks like Drudge might be reading Fr. Z…...
- Konstantin said “Fathers, this could be your parish. You wi...
- Phil_NL said I think we should be careful in keeping in mind th...
- Anne M. said In our small OF parish of 430 families we have onl...
- CatholicMD said This is my home state. The same outpouring of fait...
- Bosco said I lived three miles from Three Mile Island near Mi...
- Robbie said As I wrote previously in this comment section, I d...
- acardnal said I noticed the same thing, Fr. Z. The state and lo...
- lampada said The argument running in this thread appears to be...
- maryh said @Austin Catholics says: I never said excluding gir...
- Skeinster said We added a procession to our annual May Crowning t...
- lampada said My diocese has one of the highest numbers of semin...
- chantgirl said I know several NO parish priests who would love to...
- Jayna said I recently graduated with my Masters in Theology a...
- Late for heaven said Having female alter servers leads to confusion at...
- Giuseppe said 1) Girl altar servers can foster vocations, if you...
- Lisa said As soon as our parish started allowing girl altar...
- JabbaPapa said I see nothing significantly wrong with very young...
- Fr AJ said All male servers is a nice idea but in some places...
- SimonDodd said This seems like a fundamentally empirical question...
- Austin Catholics said @maryh “which is why people like Frjim4321 a...
- jesusthroughmary said I remember a few years ago, when a friend of mine...
- tealady24 said For all those affected by the tornado in Moore, OK...
- a catechist said What bothers me about this topic is that it lets t...
- RJHighland said After attending several TLM masses will I was a vo...
- wmeyer said I think that, as with most changes made after the...
- Imrahil said Dear @maryh, if he who can change the regulations...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Daily Archives: 31 December 2009
I mentioned on Plurk/Twitter that I was going to make what I call "spaghetti al seminario". This is pretty simply stuff and you can put it together with brutal speed.
The name comes from the fact that in my seminary … Continue reading
May God bless you all abundantly for this New Year of Salvation.
Have any resolutions?
From a priest friend and reader in an e-mail entitled simply:
In honor of Fr. Z, I’m tying one on tonight, and tomorrow morning!
Happy New Year!
I love it when a priest is determined to tie one on to celebrate the New … Continue reading
One of you readers caught the partial eclipse of the blue moon!
As view from Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, GB at 1928 local time.
Another, a priest friend, sent this from Ascona, Switzerland at 2010 GMT!
Technorati Tags: blue moon, eclipse
During 1st Vespers of the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God, with the singing of the Te Deum for the end of the year, the Holy Father said, in my translation:
Dear brothers and sisters, Rome needs priests who will be … Continue reading
A couple weeks ago in my column for The Wanderer I spoke of the work of Christine Mohrmann. Also, I have on various occasions opined that sometimes it is okay for something you know to be a translation to actually … Continue reading
In a FOXNews story:
HONOLULU — Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh was taken to a hospital with chest pains on Wednesday, a Honolulu television station reported.
Paramedics responded to a call at 2:41 p.m. from the Kahala Hotel and Resort … Continue reading