I saw this at Acts of the Apostacy and it made me chuckle.
The writer muses about what penance in purgatory Catholic bloggers might have to endure.
* LarryD – transcribe every issue of the National Catholic Reporter onto strips of bark using a piece of charcoal.
* Fr Z – drink instant coffee while blogging on a 386…with a dial-up connection.
* Mark Shea – chained at the ankle with Michael Voris (that could work both ways, I suppose).
* The writers at The American Catholic – recite every Vox Nova post in Shakespearean prose.
* Creative Minority Report – Pat and Matt are brothers. They live in New York and Philly, respectively. They co-author a blog. That’s probably penance enough in this life for each.
* WordPress users – forced to use the Blogger format.
* Blogger format users – forced to use…the Blogger format.
A Dantesque contrapasso.
Make sure you go over there and check his other comments on the matter.
In the meantime, how ’bout stocking up on some Mystic Monk Coffee and Tea as you think up some of your own.
UPDATE: The Curt Jester has some suggestions also!
* Jimmy Akin – Hosting a Catholic Radio show 24/7 where the only question from callers is about Jesus’ brothers and sisters or “Call no man father”.
* Fr. Roderick – Working at a genius bar in a Microsoft Store.
* Fr. Richsteig – An office where hymns from the Gather Hymnal are piped in like Musak.