Today the Holy Father named new Cardinals, including:
The Pontiff made the announcement during his Angelus address in St Peter’s Square this morning.
The Pope named 15 other voting cardinals:
- Archbishop Pietro Parolin, Vatican Secretary of State;
- Archbishop Lorenzo Baldisseri, Secretary of the Synod of Bishops;
- Archbishop Gerhard Ludwig Müller, Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith;
- Archbishop Beniamino Stella, Prefect of the Congregation for the Clergy;
- Archbishop Leopoldo José Brenes Solórzano of Managua, Nicaragua;
- Archbishop Gérald Cyprien Lacroix of Québec;
- Archbishop Jean-Pierre Kutwa of Abidjan, Ivory Coast;
- Archbishop Vincent Nichols of Westminster;
- Archbishop Orani João Tempesta of Rio de Janeiro;
- Archbishop Gualtiero Bassetti of Perugia-Città della Pieve; [replaced Bagnasco as a member of the Cong. for Bishops]
- Archbishop Mario Aurelio Poli of Buenos Aires;
- Archbishop Andrew Yeom Soo jung of Seoul;
- Archbishop Ricardo Ezzati Andrello of Santiago de Chile;
- Archbishop Philippe Nakellentuba Ouédraogo of Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso;
- Archbishop Orlando Quevedo of Cotabato, Philippines;
- Bishop Chibly Langlois of Les Cayes, Haiti.
He also appointed three non-voting cardinals who are over 80:
-Archbishop Loris Francesco Capovilla, former secretary to John XXIII,
-Emeritus Archbishop Fernando Sebastián Aguilar of Pamplona
-Archbishop Kelvin Edward Felix of Castries, Saint Lucia.
No one from these USA.