Today the Holy Father named new Cardinals, including:
The Pontiff made the announcement during his Angelus address in St Peter’s Square this morning.
The Pope named 15 other voting cardinals:
– Archbishop Pietro Parolin, Vatican Secretary of State;
– Archbishop Lorenzo Baldisseri, Secretary of the Synod of Bishops;
– Archbishop Gerhard Ludwig Müller, Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith;
– Archbishop Beniamino Stella, Prefect of the Congregation for the Clergy;
– Archbishop Leopoldo José Brenes Solórzano of Managua, Nicaragua;
– Archbishop Gérald Cyprien Lacroix of Québec;
– Archbishop Jean-Pierre Kutwa of Abidjan, Ivory Coast;
– Archbishop Vincent Nichols of Westminster;
– Archbishop Orani João Tempesta of Rio de Janeiro;
– Archbishop Gualtiero Bassetti of Perugia-Città della Pieve; [replaced Bagnasco as a member of the Cong. for Bishops]
– Archbishop Mario Aurelio Poli of Buenos Aires;
– Archbishop Andrew Yeom Soo jung of Seoul;
– Archbishop Ricardo Ezzati Andrello of Santiago de Chile;
– Archbishop Philippe Nakellentuba Ouédraogo of Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso;
– Archbishop Orlando Quevedo of Cotabato, Philippines;
– Bishop Chibly Langlois of Les Cayes, Haiti.
He also appointed three non-voting cardinals who are over 80:
-Archbishop Loris Francesco Capovilla, former secretary to John XXIII,
-Emeritus Archbishop Fernando Sebastián Aguilar of Pamplona
-Archbishop Kelvin Edward Felix of Castries, Saint Lucia.
No one from these USA.