Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- tho: Equality is such an ambiguous word, to take it literally, we would not have to take tests to determine our fitness for various occupation s. Men and women are distinctly different, not only...
- stevelskojec: Rorate had it up first, but they’ ;ve allowed others to repost it. We also have it up here: https://on epeterfive .com/bisho p-athanasi sus-schnei der-on-the -question- of-a-he...
- hwriggles4: Someone commented about young people. Young people today (I grew up in the 1980s, and we got too much huggy kissy, and feel good pop psychology in youth group) mostly friends kids, tell...
- hwriggles4: Another detail: I bet none of the congregati on present left the sanctuary before the priest said “ite misa est” (I can’ t remember the correct spelling, but I am sure...
- Charivari Rob: …or Father is in his 70s/80s and has driven (or been picked up by someone) from where he resides in “ret irement 221; to give the pastor some needed help and is simply...
- jjbulano: If God had intended humans to be equal in “all ways” ; — He would have created only one sex.
- THREEHEARTS: I have seen Bl Mary waiting at the altar rails outside the sanctuary with her baby, I have seen at the back looking out the door where the priest enters. The only time I saw a woman...
- PostCatholic: Very late with this, but a Modern Irish translatio n of the Fáed Fíada Éirím inniu, Tré neart tréan -glaoch ar an Trionóid, Tré creideamh i dTriaracht , Tré admhail Aondacht Cruthai...
- VP: For Imrahil – the reason Francis wouldnR 17;t celebrate the Mass of the Last Supper is that he hasn’ ;t fully worked out for himself whether he believes what this Mass, or any...
- Kent Wendler: …mak es me think of the Apostles our Lord took with Him to the Garden of Gethsemane …
- Benedict Joseph: I regard this bizarre transmissi on of his schedule as merely “mor e rope.̶ 1; Provide them as much as they require.
- Imrahil: There are those liturgical precisioni sts who abhor the idea of any sort of “tri duum of the Passion 221; (viz., Holy Thursday, Friday, Saturday), because to them there must not...
- Diana: Awesome. I can just hear “Lit tle Green Bag” .
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Thanks for that feedback!
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I’d like to have vergers around to deal with an even more urgent problem: people yapping in the church before and after Mass. This has been a growing problem for at least...
- Richard Chonak: If it’s any mitigation , it appears that the SisterR 17;s interview in German didn’ ;t refer to “gen der” but to the traditiona l word “Ges chlecht...
- brianmsaxton: Pretty sure the piece you’ re talking about is at Rorate, not 1P5: https://ro rate-caeli .blogspot. com/2019/0 3/importan t-guest-op -ed-bishop -schneider .html
- pbnelson: That is a procession I want to join! Love the old-school KofC regalia, too bad we’l l see less of that in the future. p.s. Francis Ford Coppola, eat your heart out.
- Robin: Looking at this makes me so happy. St Joseph and his crew. Now those are some real men!
- JMGcork: One cannot help but be reminded of our beloved Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI. As we can observe from the video in the link below, there is a procedure should this ‘def ect’ occur....
- padredana: There are a few Cardinals who, I have observed, often doze off during ceremonies . I have seen this from a distance, as well as up close. I think often times, priests/bi shops/card inals...
- Suburbanbanshee: If Father has narcolepsy or apnea, that would be something he needs to get treated.
- Gab: If Our Lord wanted female priests, I suspect our Holy Mother would have been first in line. @grateful, yes, a good reminder. Thank you.
- arcillajohn: This will now be and forevermor e my background on my Laptop. Amen.
- Ms. M-S: Sister Ruth says, “I cannot understand the reasons given as to why not” and that alone is enough justificat ion for overturnin g the whole applecart. I imagine Eve said somet...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- George Weigel on “Two Georges” and future persecution
- Francis’ Triduum Schedule: strange lacuna
- Bp. Schneider: On the question of a heretical pope
- ASK FATHER: Father doses off during Mass
- LENTCAzT 2019 15 – Wednesday in the 2nd Week: Card. Burke
- Officially BADASS CATHOLIC PHOTO
- Germany: More dissent from nuns
- “Te, Ioseph celebrent”, a hymn in honor of the Terror of Demons
- CRISIS: Keen analysis of the implosion of the German Church
- LENTCAzT 2019 14 – Tuesday in the 2nd Week: Glorious St. Joseph!
- Lighter fare
- Wherein Fr. Z rants about Hell and sin and Enemy of the soul
- LENTCAzT 2019 13 – Monday in the 2nd Week: Kneeling at Mass, its actual liturgical function
- “You just want the 1950’s back!”
- ASK FATHER: How can eating desserts during Lent be fasting? Would Jesus eat desserts?
- News from the great Benedictines at Norcia: building, dogs, liturgy, beer
- ASK FATHER: A question about a marriage situation (not mine)
- How to spot a good preacher
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- CNA Exposé: Archbp. Francis Chullikatt, Holy See’s former Observer at the UN
- St. Patrick’s Breastplate: Armor for our time
- LENTCAzT 2019 – 12 – 2nd Sunday of Lent: God is more lenient than you
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent (NO): a more perfect “view”
- When We are elected Pope…
- LENTCAzT 2019 – 11 – Saturday in the 1st Week of Lent: The imperial epiphany and the tabernacle
- AUDIO: Damian Thompson on boring bishops – @HolySmoke
- 15 March – A ramble about the #IdesOfMarch
- Dems push to save cats after abandoning babies to death
- A “binding” German synod… What could possibly go wrong?
- LENTCAzT 2019 – 10 Friday in the 1st Week of Lent: The involuntary, personal response to a gracious epiphany
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Benedictines of Mary Queen of Apostles
As we come to the end of the year, many of you are considering your end of year charitable giving for tax deductions, etc. Hence, I will probably drone on about the TMSM. However, I want to bring to … Continue reading
I’ve written a few posts about the recent Consecration of the Abbey, and the Abbess, of Gower. HERE and HERE It was a terrific occasion, in the deepest sense of “terrific”. There are now available hi-res photos of the events. … Continue reading
I will probably post more in the near future about the Rites we experienced in Gower, for the Consecration of the new Abbey church and Abbess. Everything was done according to the traditional Roman Rite, using the pre-1961 Pontificale Romanum. … Continue reading
VIDEO & PICS – Pontifical Mass & Consecration of new Abbess, vows, clothing of nuns, revelation of location of new daughter house!
Today I was blessed to attend, at the newly consecrated Abbey Church of Our Lady of Ephesus, the blessing of the new Abbess, Mother Cecilia. Also, we had, in the context of the Pontifical Solemn Mass celebrated by His Excellency … Continue reading
Over the years, I’ve written often of the great Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles, in Gower, MO near Kansas City. They record wonderful music discs. They make vestments. They, above all, pray for priests and bishops. This … Continue reading
UPDATE 19 August 2018: Great news! The wonderful Benedictines are being promoted. The will soon have a Abbess instead of a Prioress. Hence, come September there will be a traditional consecration of an Abbess. That hasn’t happened in these USA for … Continue reading
Seeing that, in the Novus Ordo calendar, today is the memorial of the Immaculate Heart of Mary (the day after the Sacred Heart of Jesus), I point once again your attention to the wonderful Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles whose … Continue reading
The wonderful Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles have produced another great CD of music. The Hearts of Jesus, Mary & Joseph At Ephesus US HERE – UK HERE Enjoy this video! You can hear music from the new disc … Continue reading
The wonderful Benedict nuns in Missouri, the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles, have begun the building of their church. To raise funds they are selling prints and cards with art by the sisters. Here are two, appropriate for this … Continue reading
The wonderful Benedictine Nuns in Missouri, the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles sent me a note about a video they have for the centenary of the apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima. The video features a cut from their … Continue reading
Some reader feedback. First, I received a great note from a seminarian who benefit from the generosity of one of you readers out there. For more on the BIRETTA PROJECT go HERE Next, a snail mail card from a fellow … Continue reading
Note that this priests says Mass for the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles in Missouri. They’re apostolate is to pray for priests and bishops. I hope they pray for me. They have wonderful discs of music. Speaking of … Continue reading
We are now in the week following the last Sunday of the liturgical year. Advent is heading towards us quickly. Do you remember there is an album of Advent music available? The wonderful Benedictine Nuns in the Diocese of Kansas … Continue reading
I’m doing my Christmas shopping now, so that Advent can be Advent. I will certainly get things from the Wyoming Coffee Carmelites and the Summit Soap Sisters. I just received from the wonderful Benedictines of Mary Queen of Apostles in … Continue reading
UPDATE: All proceeds from the CD will go to building projects that the nuns have. HELP THEM BUILD! At CRUX there is a piece about the sisters. Check it out. […] Many of the nuns, ranging in age from 18 … Continue reading