Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- DavidR: Re: the March for Life attendance coverage; Fake News.
- DavidR: So, do you fly Delta as a form of penance?
- Michael Haz: Was the papal aricraft flying ad orientem or do we not know?
- frjim4321: Moving to private email̷ 0;.
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- OLDIE PODCAzT 127: The Eve of St. Agnes and a Bleak Midwinter
- My View For A While: Counter March
- #March4Life numbers and Pres. Trump’s words
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 2: Forward MARCH!
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 1: Paintings and plots
- Canonist Ed Peters on the Papal mid-air airplane nuptials
- The Pope marries a couple on the papal airplane. Hmmm.
- Big Business Is WATCHING!
- My View For Awhile: March For Life 2018 Edition
- “The Triumph of Marcantonio Colonna” described
- ASK FATHER: Would anything prevent a priest from always using the traditional formula of absolution?
- 2 Feb – MADISON – Candlemas – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- Card. Müller on authority of Popes, possibility of others correcting contradictory papal teachings
- ASK FATHER: If I remember a sin after confessing, should I interrupt the priest and tell him?
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
- ASK FATHER: We want our children to have reverent Masses. Can we go to the SSPX chapel?
- VIDEO Bp. Athanasius Schneider interview about “Amoris laetitia” Controversy
- ASK FATHER: Should I tell a noisy penitent that we can hear everything said in the confessional?
- Observing the Feast of the Ass – 14 January
- A false #missilethreat is NOTHING compared to this REAL DEATH THREAT
- 14 Jan – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Fr. Murray on EWTN with outstanding commentary on recent developments
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: birettas
If you don’t know what this IMPORTANT project is all about, go HERE.
Meanwhile, I have received a thank you note from a seminarian recipient of one of your birettas.
I just thought you would like to know.
You know about the BIRETTAS FOR SEMINARIANS PROJECT. I reminded you of it the other day.
I had a note from a seminarian in these USA:
First, I wanted to thank you on behalf of my seminarian brothers and myself for all that … Continue reading
“¡Hagan lío!”, right?
I had a note last month from John Hastreiter at Leaflet Missal:
About 30 guys on the waiting list.
It’s enough to make you choke up. THIRTY men waiting… waiting… waiting….
YOU, dear readers, have supplied over 100 birettas to seminarians. Kudos. … Continue reading
The other day, HERE, I mentioned that new seminarians of the diocese, gathered for their annual week with the Extraordinary Ordinary, have been measured for their birettas as part of the ongoing BIRETTAS FOR SEMINARIANS PROJECT.
So far, this project has met … Continue reading
Every summer the Extraordinary Ordinary of the Diocese of Madison, His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, gathers all the seminarians for about a week of fraternity and conferences. We are in full swing.
Today, I celebrated Holy Mass for them … Continue reading
I had a nice note from a reader who met a seminarian recipient of one of your birettas.
Here at Fr. Z’s Samizdat, for now I’ll anonymize this “In The Wild” pic. It is just better that way, given the … Continue reading
YOU, dear readers, have supplied over 100 birettas to seminarians. Kudos. Some thank you notes from seminarians with spiffy new birettas HERE and HERE.
Last night after the Pontifical Mass I was chatting with seminarians and learned to my horror that a few … Continue reading
Some reader feedback.
First, I received a great note from a seminarian who benefit from the generosity of one of you readers out there.
For more on the BIRETTA PROJECT go HERE
Next, a snail mail card from a fellow in Fresno, CA … Continue reading
I think my Guardian Angel prompted some good feedback over the last few hours. I really needed it.
First, from a reader:
Based on your recommendation, my wife and I watched The Nightingale last night – US HERE – UK HERE (French version). … Continue reading
By now most of you know about the Biretta for Seminarians Project.
You – seminarians and lay people – contact John Hastreiter in church goods at Leaflet Missal in St. Paul – 651-209-1951 Ext-331. Seminarians: give name, address, HAT SIZE and John will put you on … Continue reading
UPDATE 5 Nov:
John Hastreiter at Leaflet Missal in St. Paul forwarded this to me. It is from a grateful seminarian.
Thank you for the beautiful (and Italian) Biretta which arrived in the mail yesterday at Mundelein Seminary. This brought a much … Continue reading
I received this from John at Leaflet Missal in St. Paul:
Hello Fr. Z,
I have tremendous news! The goal of 20 birettas for the Diocese of Madison has been reached and I express my gratitude to all who have so generously … Continue reading
UPDATE 13 AUG:
We have hit our initial goal!
I distributed a few of the birettas to the guys yesterday and they were pretty chuffed.
I should have some thank you notes pretty soon.
“But Father! But Father!”, you liberals are squeaking, “What… what … Continue reading
I have in the past posted a request for prayers for a seminarian who has inoperable brain cancer, Philip Gerard Johnson. I renew my request that you pray for a real miracle.
That said, Mr. Johnson posted on his blog Caritas … Continue reading