Starting to think about BACK TO SCHOOL items? Even text books? When you shop…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- iamlucky13 said “Cardinal Dolan thinks social services is th...
- VexillaRegis said Thanks, dear Fr.! Are you a Monty Python fan by an...
- Father Zuhlsdorf said Not a rabbit hole at all! As a matter of fact it...
- goodone121 said You forgot to put in the newer translation.
- Kathleen10 said The other day Cardinal Dolan stated that the missi...
- wmeyer said A new low, and yet, not so much of a stretch.
- VexillaRegis said Domum! An important word in “Life of Brian...
- Elizabeth D said Their last time around I was walking home from chu...
- some_guy_on_the_street said … perhaps, I should ask, overarching?
- some_guy_on_the_street said What is the dominant Theme in this picture, I wond...
- Charles E Flynn said When will the 1960s be over?
- SKAY said Thank you for the link Michael St Michael. It is v...
- acardnal said LAX.
- jameeka said Thank you, Father Z–this is fascinating.
- Elizabeth D said kimberley jean: yes!
- kimberley jean said Is this the priest that was in the mountain hermit...
- CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday – DX SUCCESS! | therasberrypalace said […] Source: CQ CQ CQ – #HamRadio Saturday –...
- VLL said I remember we have very well respected saints who...
- Midwest St. Michael said For those who may be interested: http://www.cathol...
- frjim4321 said “Your statement ‘There is no data-driven pee...
- Massachusetts Catholic said Thank you, Fr. Z, for bringing this to our attenti...
- pseudomodo said “Go home tonight and give your children some...
- SanSan said My first taste of Father Byers……..Prai...
- Liz said I’m so happy about this! He is such a courag...
- Tony Phillips said PS…sorry, that last non-sequitur of a line w...
- Tony Phillips said Frjim4321: I can only speak for myself, but yes, I...
- Good Books in Defense of the Family - Big Pulpit said […] Another Good Pre-Synod Resource in Defen...
- organistjason said The Statement/observation of Dr. Oddie, “thi...
- frjim4321 said “Some years ago homosexuals were pushing for...
- Norah said BenedictXVIFan, this may be of help: Vatican denie...
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Down with pews! Away with them! (104)
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then… (36)
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service? (34)
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants. (33)
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies? (30)
- ASK FATHER: Is it a mortal sin to criticize the Pope? (26)
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences (24)
- Even For Fishwrap a new low (22)
- Another good pre-Synod resource in defense of the family (15)
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio – CONTACT SCHEDULING POST (15)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Traditional Catholic? Are you single? Don’t want to be? CLICK!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Nuns On The Bus III: Another tired sequel of the Magisterium of Nuns
- My View For While: Domum
- WDTPRS – 22nd Ordinary Sunday: images of armies
- ACTION ITEM! Getting TLM things for a priest
- WDTPRS – 14th Sunday after Pentecost: healths, hands and the finger
- Confused about Pope Francis? You have company!
- He’s back! Fr. Byers returns from silence
- Diminishing Returns: Feast of the Beheading of John the Baptist
- Another good pre-Synod resource in defense of the family
- Even For Fishwrap a new low
- Same-sex marriages, and then polygamy, and then…
- Huge petition askes Pope Francis for clarity about marriage
- How St. Augustine came to be in Hippo
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- The Bones of St. Augustine
- St. Monnica avoided alcoholism
- ACTION ITEM REMINDER: Birettas for Seminarians
- St. Monnica: “put my body anywhere”
- Interesting Statistics about Pope Francis’ General Audiences
- Pope John Paul – The Pope People Forget To Remember
- ASK FATHER: What documents are needed for us to marry?
- Down with pews! Away with them!
- ASK FATHER: Does a declaration of nullity mean a marriage never existed?
- ASK FATHER: Can we ask God to strike down enemies?
- My View For Awhile: Drought Edition
- ASK FATHER: How to talk to other mothers about male only altar service?
- Guess what Gospel reading is on the Sunday during the Synod.
- CQ CQ CQ #HamRadio – CONTACT SCHEDULING POST
- Sept-Nov 2015: Relics of St. Maria Goretti in these USA!
- Fr. Blake on “Manliness”. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: LCWR
When an organization needs to deflect or obfuscate or change the subject (because things are going wrong), it uses surrogates. Does Sr. Joan Chittister speak for the LCWR? Is she one of their surrogates? Sr. Zinn at the LCWR should … Continue reading
On Coast to Coast AM (the radio show) the other night they were talking about Martians living on earth. As it turns out, Martians mixed it up with the Celts a long time ago. This is why there are Celts … Continue reading
In the National Catholic Register the expert on what has happened to women religious in the last few decades, Ann Carey, comments on the LCWR. LCWR 2013 Assembly: Little Evidence Yet of Any Reforms […] Now the question is: How … Continue reading
The LCWR breaks silence for a post-assembly press release. They rejected me, but I’ll share this anyway. My emphases and comments: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Leadership Conference of Women Religious Assembly Explores the Needs of the Global Community [Orlando, FL] At the … Continue reading
The Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) reports that the LCWR nuns had a conclave. I’d report it myself, but the nuns rejected my request for media credentials. It seems that they locked the doors, posted specially-hired security guards, eschewed wireless … Continue reading
I’ve been thinking about the LCWR meeting, which – sadly – is in its final hours. (Have I mentioned that they rejected me?) What greater sign that the CDF take-over is really working, and that it is game over for … Continue reading
The LCWR Woodstock 2013 has begun at Yasgur’s Farm … er… the Caribe Royale Resort near Disney World in Orlando. Today they had a talk from their featured speaker, Sr. Ilia Delio, OSF. Excerpts from the National Catholic Register coverage: … Continue reading
The inimitable Sr. Maureen Fiedler has taken it upon her broad shoulder to be spokesone for the LCWR. We know that a past mentor of the LCWR is annoyed that Archbp. Sartain (appointed by the CDF to keep his eyes … Continue reading
The nuns aren’t happy. That is to say the LCWR nuns aren’t happy. All the traditional sisters are happy. It seems that the LCWR’s Vatican Overlord is going to attend the whole of the LCWR meeting at the swanky Royale … Continue reading
Sr. Kane (of “NUNS GONE WILD” fame) on Pope Francis’ feelings. Wherein Fr. Z rants and has some fun.
First, take a look HERE. This is where the Holy See posted the transcript of Pope Francis’ chat with newsies on the flight back to Rome from Rio. From what I can tell, it is the whole thing and in … Continue reading