SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Look at even more of “Desiderio desideravi”
- Daily Rome Shot 496
- The power of the traditional liturgy to open people up to the Catholic Faith must never be underestimated.
- Just Too Cool: Salt and Pepper repurposed
- ASK FATHER: Devotions for months and days of the week
- “Gregorian Mass” match ups: available priests with people who have requests
- ACTION ITEM! URGENT PRAYER SUGGESTION! Archbp. Carroll’s “Prayer for Government”
- ASK FATHER: How can we help priests who are in “hot water” because they are traditional?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 4th Sunday after Pentecost (N.O. 14th Sunday)
- African Zairian Rite celebrated in St. Peter’s Basilica – UPATED: Meanwhile, Down Under….
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Pentecost: What is “devotion?
- ROME 22/06 – Day 32: My View For Awhile
- 1 July – Most Precious Blood and also the Feasts of St. Junipero Serra and St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- ROME 22/06 – Day 31: Someone saw the list… no… the Letter!
- Look at more of “Desiderio desideravi”
- You have seen the logo for the 2025 Jubilee? – UPDATED
- 29 June 1972. Paul VI says, “the smoke of Satan has entered the Church of God”
- Francis’ NEW “Desiderio desideravi” an Apostolic Letter “on the liturgical formation of the people of God” – an attempt to explain Traditionis custodes, to calm the storm
- Batten down the hatches!
- ASK FATHER: Are we obliged to avoid businesses which will pay for employees’ abortion?
- ROME 22/06 – Day 28: Guess the meat
- In your goodness, pray for falsely accused priests and canceled priests
- ROME 22/06 – Day 26: Indulgences and indulgences
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 3rd Sunday after Pentecost (N.O. 13th Sunday)
- ROME 22/06 – Day 25: Really day 26, but… hey!
- ROME 22/06 – Day 24: “talkin’ ’bout my g-g-generation”
- It’s as if the stars aligned on 24 June
- ROME 22/06 – Day 23: Resistance is futile
- On this Feast of the Sacred Heart, when SCOTUS overturned Roe, remember that “Abortion Pill” use will be pushed hard by the Left, and that there is a SAFE REVERSAL after the first pill. @HeartbeatIntl
- US SUPREME COURT issued Opinion on Dobbs v. Jackson – ROE and CASEY OVERTURNED
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Monthly Archives: October 2009
I have used this example for years now: Our Lord asked to be let out on the water in a little boat at the end of a line so that He could address a much larger crowd on the shore. … Read More
In Knoxville, TN there is a vibrant Traditional Latin Mass community at Holy Ghost Church. Here is one of the photos from their extensive archive. It was taken on the Feast of Christ the King. I suspect Father wasn’t saying … Read More
Cardinal Antonio Canizares Llovera, Prefect of the Congregation of Divine Worship, will celebrate a Solemn Pontifical Mass at Ss. Trinità dei Pellegrini [the parish church of the FSSP in Rome] this coming Sunday, November 1st at 10:30am, the feast of … Read More
News from a reader about Clear Creek: This Sunday two of the young monks at Clear Creek will make their solemn profession in the presence of the Abbot of Fontgombault during the conventual Mass. They are Brother Jose Lagos from … Read More
I will be in St. Paul, MN over this weekend. Among other things it will be an opportunity to get my digital camera cleaned! I am assuming that I will have the 11 a.m.on Sunday at St. John’s in St. … Read More
You would not believe what I get in my e-mail. I thought you or your readers might have an idea where to acquire some lutefisk. My in-laws are of Swedish stock and we have some interest in serving some lutefisk … Read More
Many thanks to all of you who have sent birthday greetings! Your notes are very much appreciated. Also, belated thanks are due to the kind soul, JV of PA who used my wish list to send me the three volumes … Read More
I posted about the new movie on the apparitions of the Blessed Virgin at Fatima: The 13th Day. I posted on it HERE.Here is a link to a schedule of screenings in different places. I am waiting for a copy … Read More
A reader alerted me to the following in The Daily Illini. This concerns demonic possession and exorcism. My emphases and comments. Exorcist shares past experiences with demonic possessionKatie Palmer October 28th, 2009 – 4:00 AM With Halloween around the corner … Read More
There are may ways to recite the Most Holy Rosary. The basic paradigm changes from country to country. In Italy, for example, the recitation of the Rosary usually includes the Litany of the Blessed Virgin. In the USA, people often … Read More
From the parish church of "Beat Vergine Assunta" in Viguzzuolo, in the Diocese of Tortona, the pastor, Fr. Gino Bava demonstrates to the world that your church doesn’t have to be huge for there to be a Solemn Mass in … Read More
From a priest reader: The Kingston chapter of Juventutem, a group of youth attached to the Roman traditions of the Catholic Church, has organized a special celebration of Mass (Missa Cantata) in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite for … Read More
Some recent posts not to miss: Whose ecumenism? (IMPORTANT) All Souls, 1st Thursday, Year for Priests: A PROJECT The Nuns’ Story? (about the attack by NYT’s Mo Dowd on Pope Benedict) “The Anglican experiment is over.” The enemy of my … Read More
Did any of you see Bill O’Reilly’s show on FNC last night? He had a segment on Bp. Tobin of Providence who recently slapped down Rep. Patrick Kennedy (D-RI). In a CNA story we learn that last Friday Bp. Tobin … Read More
I have written before about the Sisters who sell soap. And worthy soap it is too. Just a reminder. Also, they are peddling some new stuff and they are bubbly with enthusiasm. The Soap Sisters have been busy in our … Read More
Our friends at Rorate did some heavy lifting for us today about the talks between the SSPX and the Holy See. Drawing on the intrepid Andrea Tornielli’s piece on the same (which I simply don’t have time to translate) we … Read More
A friend alerted me to the following: There will be a Solemn Pontifical Requiem Mass at the faldstool for All Souls Day in Manhattan (37th St. and Broadway) at the Church of the Holy Innocents, Monday, November 2nd at 6:30 … Read More
Did you know that there are Catholics in Cuba who desire the older, traditional form of the Roman Rite? Check this. Una Voce is an international group with local and regional chapters. It is dedicated to the cause of traditional … Read More
There are some very beautiful photos at Godzdogz of a TLM celebrated at Blackfriars, London for the feast of the English Martyrs. Here is a sample.