SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Music from the FSSP Seminarians in Bavaria
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
Donate using VENMO
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Daily Rome Shot 316
- The BBC – if you can believe it – has an interesting audio story about: “Trying to save the Latin Mass in France” – UPDATED
- A tribute to my mother on my birthday
- Daily Rome Shot 315
- Why would a pope do such a thing?
- You can argue with a Marxist, but not with a Catholic progressive.
- Daily Rome Shot 314
- ASK FATHER: During a Vetus Ordo Mass can the priest distribute Hosts consecrated during a Novus Ordo Mass?
- 25 Oct – “This day is called the Feast of Crispian…”
- Daily Rome Shot 313 (video)
- Connect the dots. The attack on the Vetus Ordo is also an attack on John Paul II, not just on Benedict.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 22nd Sunday after Pentecost (30th Ordinary – N.O.)
- ACTION ITEM! Fascinating VIDEO about a common phone scam and big time payback with glitterbomb traps, stink bombs, and law enforcement – UPDATED
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 24 October ’21
- Daily Rome Shot 312
- WDTPRS – 30th Ordinary Sunday: “In His will is our peace.”
- 23 Oct: St. Severinus Boethius (Yes, you read that right.)
- Daily Rome Shot 311
- HEMSTED, NY – Saturday 23 Oct – Prayer Vigil with Sacred Relics at Planned Parenthood (aka Big Business Abortion)
- A dying Catholic school reborn and flourishing
- Daily Rome Shot 310
- Gower Abbey with a new disc- Christ The King At Ephesus
- 21 Oct – St Gaspar del Bufalo – “Il martello dei Carbonari… Hammer of Freemasons”
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- STOP what you are doing. Go to First Things. Read Archbp. Chaput’s latest about the “courtiers” of Francis.
- Bp. Provost of Lake Charles implements ‘Traditionis custodes’, Francis ‘Plessy v. Ferguson’ legacy document
- Daily Rome Shot 309
- Beautiful Pontifical Mass with Bp. Athanasius Schneider in Detroit – PHOTOS
- “Brought to you by Pfizer.”
- Majority of Catholics don’t know about the cruel attempt to suppress the Traditional Latin Mass. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 23 November 2010
It has been a busy day. Here is one reason: Prayer Request – Mothership Problem And because the Mac using PC snarkers have chimed in, I have started a “Get a Mac” fund. Here are some recent posts: Fr. Fessio … Read More
There is a poll on the site of the New York Daily News attached to a story about an 88 year old man who shot his wife in the head to end her suffering. As of now. UPDATE 24 Nov … Read More
USEFUL ANALOGY ALERT “Pope Approves Padded Pipes for Mugging” You would do well to read this carefully and use it in conversations. Fr. Joseph Fessio, SJ, wrote a piece for Reuters which means that it will get a little visibility. … Read More
The “head” of the Church of England gives the “body” of the Church of England a warning. From BBC: Queen gives warning to Church of England synod The Queen has spoken of the “difficult” and “painful” choices facing the Church … Read More
This is the sort of shallow, asinine, perhaps even mendacious BS we all knew would crop up in the mainstream media. NOTA BENE: This headline is a LIE. Note also that the URL for the story indicates something quite different. … Read More
My friend Greg Burke, the Rome correspondent for Fox News, has an article about the Pope’s new interview-book and the biggest news to come from it. Keep in mind, folks, that the whole Condom Conundrum, is energy-consuming frivolity compared to … Read More
From a reader: The folks at Rorate Caeli have posted that Pius XII granted an indult for Americans to eat meat on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Is this indult still in effect? I don’t know. Probably not. Also, it doesn’t … Read More
From time to time I have opined about why the Pope says certain things that are sure to provoke controversy. Some people have suggested that he is naive about the press (e.g., Regensburg, this condom thing). I don’t buy that. … Read More
Here is a CNS story by fellow Minnesotan John Thavis with my emphases and comments. Vatican clarifies pope’s reference to ‘male prostitute’ in condoms comment Posted on November 23, 2010 by John Thavis VATICAN CITY — When Pope Benedict commented … Read More
I just went through this a few minutes ago in order to post a comment on Fr. Blake’s blog. I couldn’t read that captcha image.
Andrea Tornielli posted this about the recent Vatican mess up with the press. Here are a couple excerpts in my quick translation. With his characteristic irony and finesse, Fr. Federico Lombardi, director of the Holy See Press Office, often called … Read More
Here is some good news. The number of seminarians in England is on the rise. From CNA: England sees highest number of new seminarians in over a decade London, England, Nov 23, 2010 / 03:11 am (CNA).- Seminaries in England … Read More