SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
Visits tracked by Statcounter since Sat., 25 Nov. 2006:
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
PLEASE donate using VENMO!
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 16 May ’21
- Daily Rome Shot 159
- WDTPRS – Sunday after Ascension: Christ is not insensible to our sufferings.
- To all bishops and priests about Communion for manifest sinners from St. John Chrysostom
- LIVE VIDEO – 15 May 2021 – 1200 NOON CST – Traditional Latin Mass – St. Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Daily Rome Shot 158
- The 70th Miracle at Lourdes
- For you who voted for Democrats in the last election, please give this statement some thought.
- CCC 2499
- 12-15 July 2021: “LIFT UP YOUR HEARTS” Conference for Priests
- LIVE VIDEO – 14 May 2021 – 1200 NOON CST – Traditional Latin Mass – Requiem
- 14 May: Sts. Victor and Corona, martyrs. (How to get her statue.)
- Daily Rome Shot 157
- 13 May 609: Dedication of the Roman Pantheon, “Santa Maria ad martyres”. An account of Boniface IV’s exorcism of the temple and the screaming of the demons.
- “Our ordinary world, the one in which we work and fall in love and watch TV—it’s thinner than paper, and the demons pour through it in hordes.”
- BOOK RECEIVED: Card. Pell’s – Prison Journal, Volume 2: The State Court Rejects the Appeal
- “Gregorian Mass” match ups: available priests with people who have requests
- Sign of the Times #8470
- Daily Rome Shot 156
- “Quam pulchri super montes pedes adnuntiantis et praedicantis” – Ascension Thursday and Lordly Feet
- ASK FATHER: Is Mass valid if it is offered in a desecrated place? Wherein @fatherz rants.
- ASK FATHER: “Can a priest say the Latin Mass if he doesn’t know Latin formally?”
- The Lord’s Ascension, Beans, and You
- REMINDER: Ascension THURSDAY – usually Holy Day of Obligation
- LIVE VIDEO – 12 May 2021 – 1200 NOON CST – Traditional Latin Mass – Vigil of the Ascension
- Daily Rome Shot 155
- ASK FATHER: LESSONS IN CLERICALISM – How to wear the cassock.
- ASK FATHER: What should I do with an old, now unused pyx once intended for Communion calls?
- LIVE VIDEO – 11 May 2021 – 1200 NOON CST – Traditional Latin Mass – Sts. Philip & James, Apostles
- ASK FATHER: Asperges before Low Mass?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 18 November 2010
I was standing in a gallery of the Tate Britain looking at a piece by William Blake… this one as a matter of fact… … when I had an SMS to check mail. Therein I found a link to something … Read More
From rogueclassicism: ante diem xiv kalendas decembres Mercatus — in the wake of the lengthy ludi Plebeii, the Romans needed a few days to restock their cupboards ca. 64 A.D. — upside down crucifixion of Peter 303 A.D. — martyrdom … Read More
From CNA: Vatican City, Nov 18, 2010 / 02:28 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- The head of the Church of England, Archbishop Rowan Williams of Canterbury met privately in Rome with Pope Benedict XVI on Nov. 18. The meeting comes at an … Read More
Damian Thompson, whom I was able to see in NYC but not in London for some reason, posted this enlightening entry: Why is Summorum Pontificum a dead letter in Scotland? I’ve been contacted by a student at St Andrews University … Read More
From the Catholic League: ARCHBISHOP DOLAN’S CRITICS FREAK OUT Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on the way some of the critics of New York Archbishop Timothy Dolan are reacting to his election yesterday as the new head of the … Read More
From a reader: What do you think about the following announcement at Mass: “At the rear of the church, please pick up a paper leaf and write on it what you are thankful for this year. We will put all … Read More
Yesterday I spent a glorious afternoon in the Victoria and Albert Museum in the galleries for the Medieval and Renaissance periods. If you haven’t been, do go. Today I believe I must go to the Tate Britain. I understand there … Read More
A reader alerted me to this story on Corruption Chronicles, a “judicial watch” blog. Remember the photo the other day of a woman religious (probably not from a community in the LCWR) get once-over by the TSA? My emphases. Napolitano … Read More
There is a slow seismic tremor running very deep, but it is discernible. For example, some in the UK are saying that the Bishops meetings there ought to be live-streamed so that the Catholic people know what is going on. … Read More
Here is an interesting piece of news from the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph where His Excellency Most. Rev. Robert Finn has the reins. From the blog of the diocesan newspaper The Catholic Key: Beatification Cause for Founder of Mary’s … Read More
In my native place springtime comes in a little at a time, one step forward, two steps back and eventually two steps forward one step back. Yesterday His Holiness Pope Benedict said at his Wednesday General Audience during which he … Read More