SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Music from the FSSP Seminarians in Bavaria
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
Donate using VENMO
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Daily Rome Shot 316
- The BBC – if you can believe it – has an interesting audio story about: “Trying to save the Latin Mass in France” – UPDATED
- A tribute to my mother on my birthday
- Daily Rome Shot 315
- Why would a pope do such a thing?
- You can argue with a Marxist, but not with a Catholic progressive.
- Daily Rome Shot 314
- ASK FATHER: During a Vetus Ordo Mass can the priest distribute Hosts consecrated during a Novus Ordo Mass?
- 25 Oct – “This day is called the Feast of Crispian…”
- Daily Rome Shot 313 (video)
- Connect the dots. The attack on the Vetus Ordo is also an attack on John Paul II, not just on Benedict.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 22nd Sunday after Pentecost (30th Ordinary – N.O.)
- ACTION ITEM! Fascinating VIDEO about a common phone scam and big time payback with glitterbomb traps, stink bombs, and law enforcement – UPDATED
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 24 October ’21
- Daily Rome Shot 312
- WDTPRS – 30th Ordinary Sunday: “In His will is our peace.”
- 23 Oct: St. Severinus Boethius (Yes, you read that right.)
- Daily Rome Shot 311
- HEMSTED, NY – Saturday 23 Oct – Prayer Vigil with Sacred Relics at Planned Parenthood (aka Big Business Abortion)
- A dying Catholic school reborn and flourishing
- Daily Rome Shot 310
- Gower Abbey with a new disc- Christ The King At Ephesus
- 21 Oct – St Gaspar del Bufalo – “Il martello dei Carbonari… Hammer of Freemasons”
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- STOP what you are doing. Go to First Things. Read Archbp. Chaput’s latest about the “courtiers” of Francis.
- Bp. Provost of Lake Charles implements ‘Traditionis custodes’, Francis ‘Plessy v. Ferguson’ legacy document
- Daily Rome Shot 309
- Beautiful Pontifical Mass with Bp. Athanasius Schneider in Detroit – PHOTOS
- “Brought to you by Pfizer.”
- Majority of Catholics don’t know about the cruel attempt to suppress the Traditional Latin Mass. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 16 November 2010
People are wondering why I didn’t post about Archbp. Dolan’s election as President of the USCCB. I was doing far more pleasant things. Okay… here we go. Archbp. Dolan was elected President of the USCCB and the other guy wasn’t. … Read More
The last strictly domestic flight I had, I watched as a female TSA supervisor sidled over to a make officer and say something quietly. He looked at me and then slightly shook his head, as if to shake off what … Read More
I am taking a brief break from my visit to the exhibit on the English language at the British Library. They close in at 8 local time tonight, after which I will have eat something. This is a public service … Read More
Problem: Catholic Bishops in general today know as much about most social issues – in this case the internet and social networking – as they did about astronomy in the 16th century. With that in mind… a note from the … Read More
First, let me ask: Have you read Apostolos suos yet, as I suggested elsewhere? As the USCCB has a plenary meeting, as the CEI still hums with the Pope’s message, this comes from CNA: Pope: Bishops’ conferences should serve bishops … Read More
Parish mergers happen. When they do, sometimes a new name is cobbled up to identify the new entity. Sometimes, however, names of churches are changed. From a reader: There is a parish in my diocese that was formed years ago … Read More
Back in the day, I reached out to the US Navy about being a chaplain. I never heard back. I am probably too old now. I have, however, heard stories from chaplain friends about non-Catholic superiors putting head pressure on … Read More
Speaking of signs, a reader sent me this shot taken somewhere in Dallas, TX. It made me chuckle.
I found something you should know about. Preamble: Surely someone with little intellectual flexibility will opine that all the heraldry stuff is meaningless in our sophisticated modern world, or that people who are interested in it are, well, as effete … Read More