Here are links to some recent posts, which scroll off quickly.
But first, an ongoing entry for
- 150th anniversary of suspension of habeas corpus
- WDTPRS 25th Ordinary Sunday: Do you have unfinished business?
- Peters on Canon Law and deaconesses
- Some reflections on a life changing book
- Amy Sullivan on Jonathan Reyes
- Creepy Obama Flag
- LA priest suspended for lobbying for same-sex “marriage”
- SSPX Fr. Schmidberger interviewed
- QUAERITUR: Uncovering the ciborum
- 14 Oct: WASHINGSTON DC – Pilgrimage to begin Rosary Novena for Life and Liberty
- QUAERITUR: Confessor asked if I believe in “reincarnation” because I said I was sorry for the “sins of my past life”.
- A superb essay on Sacred Music
- Top Catholic High Schools
- Deplorable churchy jargon
- QUAERITUR: May the pascal candle be used at EF baptisms?
- QUAERITUR: suffering and grieving over my past life
- “A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away….”
- A note about the Mrs. Christ papyrus fragment
- “And he shall make all, both little and great, rich and poor, freemen and bondmen, to have a character in their right hand, or on their foreheads.”
- French Card. Barbarin says same-sex ‘marriage’ opens door to other deviant acts
- QUAERITUR: A rule that the priest is the only one in the sanctuary during the consecration?
- EMBER DAYS
- QUAERITUR: Are Catholics obliged to go to Mass on only Christmas and Easter?
- A couple rumors going around the trad circuit
- Catholic League on NYT editorial about nuns… dissident nuns, of course
- Hard Drive “write protection” and you
- Archbp. Chaput: “I certainly can’t vote for somebody who’s either pro-choice or pro-abortion.”
- The Tablet… losers!
- Fr. Blake opines: the seminarians he knows all want the Extraordinary Form
- QUAERITUR: Applause during Mass
- QUAERITUR: I went to a TLM and felt like crawling under a pew. But as Mass began…
- Will SSPX Bp. Williamson be expelled?
Click on the waving Union Jack and send a donation. I will earmark some of it for beer and museums, and some of it for a donation to the parish where I am staying. This is a poor parish which nevertheless does tremendous spiritual and corporal works of mercy in a troubled area of central London.
Last week I will gave a talk to a group of young people at Brompton Oratory. It was very well attended. I spoke about “active participation”. I am scheduled, weather permitting, to go to Rome for a conference on Augustine’s City of God and to take care of some “business”.
Concerning Rome: Would any you be willing to donate for a flight to Rome at the end of October so that I could attend the big pilgrimage to Rome in support of Summorum Pontificum in the first days of November? (Information HERE) Please write me an email ( HERE) with “ROME TLM PILGRIMAGE” in the subject line. (UPDATE 27 Sept 07:49 GMT: I have made a list of those who have contacted me about this. I should have a better view soon of what will be involved.) There has been a lot of buzz about the Pontifical Mass which is the central attraction of this pilgrimage.
I do pray for benefactors, as is my duty and pleasure. I remember you at Holy Mass and often say Mass for your intentions. I take your requests for prayers seriously and note them down. Keep me in your prayers too. I will say Mass for my benefactors again during my few upcoming days in Rome.
(UPDATED 27 Sept 07:50 GMT) Meanwhile, special thanks to:
HE, RB, RB, MH, DM, MF, Fr LT, NF, MT, RW, Mf, JG, LS, ER, CO’C, EMcG, GK, TR, MC, BA, MR, KB, RMcE, JB, MH, BB, JH, KS, MR, DN, MG, JD, MB, MK, AN, CL, FN, JP, JG, NE, SA, JN, MH, ML, MC, RA, JS, CG, MP, MA, DR, JR, MZ, NH, CG, AR, JS, MF, DH, MF, CMcG, MK.
If you think I may have missed you, please drop me an email?