SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Daily Rome Shot 535, etc.
- Powerful people think that they can suppress the Traditional Latin Mass. They will not succeed. This is one reason why. VIDEO
- Daily Rome Shot 534, etc.
- The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary: The 4th Glorious Mystery
- Daily Rome Shot 533, etc.
- ASK FATHER: What hobbies are permitted on Sundays?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 10th Sunday after Pentecost (N.O. 20th Sunday)
- 14 August – St. Maximilian Kolbe : priest, martyr, #HamRadio operator. The path of “Oblatio Vitae” for Beatification. #CQ
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: “If I go to Saturday night mass and receive Communion, and then go also to Sunday mass, may I receive Communion again?”
- And then there’s …
- Daily Rome Shot 532, etc.
- Coincidences? I think not.
- Liturgical Question: Which of these is NOT like the other?
- Daily Rome Shot 531, etc. – packed!
- ASK FATHER: A priest asks, “Is it okay to learn how to say the Traditional Latin Mass?” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- You thick-headed restorationists, you backwardist, dogma-refrigerating Neopelagians… there is only one unique expression of the Roman Rite! VIDEO
- Daily Rome Shot 530, etc.
- 10 August: Wonderful Collect for St. Lawrence
- Daily Rome Shot 529, etc.
- “The sky is crying…” – The Vigil and Tears of St. Lawrence
- Daily Rome Shot 528, etc.
- Wherein Fr. Z rants and recommends a must read entry at NLM
- Meanwhile, the Novus Ordo is the only expression of the Roman Rite… not.
- ASK FATHER: The faithful put blood, sweat, and tears into the building, revival of churches, parishes. Given how bishops treat them, is there recourse in Canon Law?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 9th Sunday after Pentecost (N.O. 19th Sunday)
- Daily Rome Shot 527, etc.
- If a law isn’t accepted, it is essentially no law at all. Traditionis? Time will tell. Novus Ordo? Time has told.
- ASK FATHER: Considering the chaos surrounding ‘Traditionis custodes” could we say that, in effect, it is no law at all?
- Daily Rome Shot 526, etc.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Monthly Archives: May 2021
“Let me die as did glorious St. Joseph, accompanied by Jesus and Mary, pronouncing those sweetest of names, which I hope to extol for all eternity.” This is the very end of a fine piece about the death of St. … Read More
Today is the Feast of St. Gregory VII, Hildebrand. He reigned from 1073-1085. This was a serious Pope. He had to deal with the Investiture Controversy, which was about the primacy of the Pope’s authority. He was vilified during his … Read More
Tomorrow, 26 May 2021, there will be a Blood Supermoon Total Lunar Eclipse. It will be visible from southeast Asia, across the Pacific, to the southwest Americas. “Blood” refers to the color of the Moon during full eclipse. Supermoon means … Read More
A friend just shared this with me. Today’s featured book is Losing the Good Portion by Leon Podles, an in depth exploration of why men are alienated from contemporary Christianity–one of the best, and only, books exploring this crucial problem, … Read More
Today, sometime in the morning, my stat counter turned over to 100,000,000 – one-hundred-million – visits, since I started keeping stats. Thank you. This portends a pivotal week. Some support options! Supporter : $10.00 USD – monthlyHelper : $5.00 USD … Read More
ASK FATHER: When the next Carrington Event wipes out the grid, what will happen in our ultramontanist Church of the 21st century?
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Our sun is waking up. One sunspot let loose half a dozen flares ranging from C-class to M-class over the weekend. Our magnetic shields are weak and getting weaker. Barring Divine intervention, it’s only a matter … Read More
I read at Church Militant that the renegade, liberal Ass. of U.S. Catholic Priests is now pushing for the ordination of women, first to the diaconate. This is not going to happen, but the confusion sown by such support warrants … Read More
Today is Pentecost Monday, during the Octave of Pentecost. It is also called Whit Monday, a reference to the white garments of the newly baptized. We observe the Octave in the Traditional Roman calendar. It was tragically, ridiculously, foolishly eliminated … Read More
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I know in an emergency someone who is not Catholic can perform a baptism, provided they have the requisite intent, the right words, and water on the head. Does that mean a person can baptize himself? … Read More
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Father, on the sidebar of your blog you have a quote from St. John Paul II about it being a disgrace not to know Latin. First, where does that come from? Did he really say that? … Read More
Was there a GOOD point made in the sermon you heard at the Mass for your Sunday (obligation or none), either live or on the internet? Let us know what it was. Too many people today are without good, strong … Read More
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Since Pentecost is known for tongues as of flame descending upon the faithful, is there an traditional linguini dish often served on this feast day? Good for you for asking in advance. As of this writing, … Read More
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Can the Pope “change” or “raise” the required age of Cardinals entering a Conclave, say to 85 years old, or even 90? He seems to be changing other laws all by himself, why not this? Does … Read More
The Fiftieth Day Feast, Hebrew Shavuot or Greek Pentekosté, for the Jews commemorated the descent of God’s Law to Moses on Mount Sinai, wreathed in fire, fifty days after the Exodus. But Jewish feasts also looked forward even as they … Read More