SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Wherein Francis explains it all to Bono
- ASK FATHER: Traditional Confirmation Availability?
- ARIZONA: Abortion Pill Rescue Network
- ASK FATHER: Can Catholics still get married with the Traditional Latin rite of Matrimony?
- Daily Rome (not) Shot – 501 – bonus pics
- Concerning the Traditional Latin Mass in Washington D.C.
- Daily Rome (not) Shot – 500
- Daily Rome (not) Shot – 499
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 4th Sunday after Easter (5th Sunday of, N.O.)
- Fr Dana Christensen: R.I.P.
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Easter (1962MR): The smoke of Satan in the Temple of God
- Daily Rome (not) Shot 498, etc.
- Daily Rome (not) Shot 497, etc.
- Hero priest Joseph Card. Zen, 90, has been arrested in Hong Kong
- Daily Rome (not) Shot 496, etc.
- My View For Awhile: Strangers and Italian Sojourners
- 9 May: St. Isaiah, Old Testament Prophet, with other, martyrs
- Daily Rome Shot 495, etc.
- ACTION ITEM! Prayers for Fr. John Hunwicke, scriptor admirabilis
- Daily Rome Shot 494, etc.
- Mobile phones in church to record illegal disturbances of Sunday Masses by invading pro-abortion terrorists?
- WDTPRS – 3rd Sunday after Easter (Vetus Ordo): Every Catholic is called to evangelize
- Daily Rome Shot 493, etc.
- @fatherz on Twitter
- Daily Rome Shot 492, etc.
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- FLORIDA OPPORTUNITY ALERT: Treasures of the Church
- Daily Rome Shot 491, etc.
- POSSIBLE: Pro-abortion/Biden supporters reported to be organizing invasion and disturbance of Sunday Masses, ironically on Mother’s Day
- 5 May: “O God, who deigned to choose blessed Pius to be Pontifex Maximus in order to smash the enemies of Thy Church to tiny bits” – UPDATED
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: Oratory
I have a radical idea. It keeps popping into my head. I think that means that I’m being prompted from upstairs to post it. PROPONITUR: Half a dozen retired military chaplains – who want to use the Vetus Ordo 95% of the … Read More
I picked this up from a tweet by a classicist. It applies well to preaching. Since it’s Sunday and you all had to sit and listen … and some of you had to stand and preach…  itaque intellegens … Read More
I received wonderful Brick By Brick news from Cincinnati. An Oratory of St. Philip Neri has been officially established at Old St. Mary’s Church. HERE and HERE Not bad, huh? Here’s their Mass and Confession schedule. Here’s the press release. … Read More
I received today a press release from the Diocese of Portsmouth, England, which says that the great Bishop Philip Egan has “has invited Fr Dominic Jacob CO (co-founder of the Oxford Oratory) and Fr Peter Edwards and Fr David Hutton, generously … Read More
I saw that my friend Greg DiPippo at NLM posted that today is the 500th Birthday of one of my great patrons, St. Philip Neri. I was ordained on his feast in 1991. I have a 1st class relic of this … Read More
My friends at the London Oratory know how to do it right. If you are in London, take in some of Forty Hours.
I recently posted about the good news in the Diocese of Raleigh where, in Dunn, NC, at Sacred Heart Church there are now Masses in the Extraordinary Form celebrated with Spanish re-readings and sermon. HERE For your Brick by Brick … Read More
This Saturday, 17 September, will bring the official inauguration of the Blessed John Henry Newman Institute of Liturgical Music in Birmingham, England. My friend Msgr. Andrew Wadsworth wrote me saying that this is “probably the most significant enterprise in liturgical … Read More