SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- iPadre on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “That doesn’t even count the priests who use “gluten free” hosts. They think they know better than the Church.”
- JGavin on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “I am dumbfounded y the sheer stupidity of this. I knew this at an early age. It reminds me of…”
- AlanLins on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “I wonder if the priests will be required to repay the mass stipend money they received?”
- mo7 on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “As long you’ve brought up the subject: a recent baptism was done by a permanent deacon who is also baby’s…”
- TonyO on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “On the one hand, having shopped for wine at local stores hundreds of times, I feel that it should be…”
- Credoh on Daily Rome Shot 708: Dalmatic Bling Opportunity: “Photos taken with a Tasselblad…”
- Tantum Ergo on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “OK, here’s the question that won’t go away. Some time ago, you said that if the wine was invalid matter,…”
- B on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Is that the diocese where the National Catholic Reporter is located?”
- sevensixtwo187 on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Etna Rosso. What a fine choice! :-)”
- JRodz1 on How to view the SSPX.: “It sounds as if the Archdiocese of Kansas “protests too much”. The SSPX has proven it’s viability thru its Seminary,…”
- Fr Martin Fox on REPOST ASK FATHER: How to make a “Trinitini” Martini for Trinity Sunday and avoid committing heresy?: “At risk of being deemed a Martini modernist, I shall share with you my recipe for the Martin-tini: Beforehand: Freeze…”
- robtbrown on ASK FATHER… ASK EVERYONE: Find recording of Archbp. Léonard imitating different regional Latin pronunciations: “When anyone in my Koine’ Greek class would seek the “correct” pronunciation of a word, the prof would say: I…”
- redneckpride4ever on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “Would a situation like this be an appropriate use of canon 844:2?”
- Tradster on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “An additional question: do the invalid Masses render the weddings performed during them invalid too? [No. Not automatically. Matrimony and…”
- Tradster on There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments. : “If in Kansas City, where else? KC cannot be unique in this matter. Will the USCCB ensure that every Mass,…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- There is hardly anything crueler that a priest can do than to leave people in doubt about the validity of their sacraments.
- Daily Rome Shot 708: Dalmatic Bling Opportunity
- ASK FATHER… ASK EVERYONE: Find recording of Archbp. Léonard imitating different regional Latin pronunciations
- Daily Rome Shot 707 and cool stuff
- WDTPRS – Trinity Sunday: Are you beautiful at Mass?
- REPOST ASK FATHER: How to make a “Trinitini” Martini for Trinity Sunday and avoid committing heresy?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: Trinity Sunday 2023
- ROME 06/3 Day… My View For Awhile: Brooklyn to SOCOM
- “I’ll see your ‘Wakanda!’ and raise you a ‘KATONDA!'” The Feast of St Charles Lwanga, Martyr – A saint we can all take pride in!
- Pentecost Saturday: We Are Our Rites.
- How to view the SSPX.
- Pentecost Friday: You are our stretcher bearers.
- ROME 06/1 Day… My View For Awhile
- Pentecost Thursday: When there is no joy in “dustville”.
- Pentecost Wednesday: another ranting reflection
- ROME 23/05 – Day 31: Last full day and an “If only…”.
- Pentecost Tuesday: Wherein Fr. Z rants
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Monday: from bondage, freedom – from anxiety, peace
- ROME 23/05 – Day 29: Monday in the OCTAVE OF PENTECOST
- ROME 23/05 – Day 28: Pentecost Sunday
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s fabric, the warp and the weft
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Pentecost Sunday 2023
- ROME 23/05 – Day 27: I can’t help it.
- 25 May 2023: Litany of St. Philip Neri and Prayer of Card. Baronio – VIDEO
- “Oh people will come, Reverend Mother. People will most definitely come….”
- ROME 23/05 – Day 26: Truly precious
- WDTPRS: Mass Prayers “Pro seipso sacerdote – For the priest himself” (1962MR)
- 26 May 1991: 32nd anniversary of ordination
- 23 May 2023 – Reinstallation of St. Philip Neri’s altarpiece – VIDEO
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-05-21 – Cufflinks
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: review
REVIEW: Movie “Risen” is a “resurrection mystery” and a reflection on death
I went to see Risen yesterday. It starts like a mystery novel/show, but not a murder mystery. It’s a resurrection mystery. Its starting point is the mystery surrounding the whereabouts of the body of Jesus of Nazareth, which could become a … Read More
MOVIE – When The Game Stands Tall – ACTION ITEM!
When I was at the recent Napa Institute Conference, we were offered an early screening of the new movie with Jim Caviezel called When The Game Stands Tall. I wrote at that time: I saw an advance screening of a movie with Jim … Read More
REVIEW: 2014 Ordo for the TLM from the Canons of St. John Cantius
The Canons of St. John Cantius in Chicago sent me a copy of their 2014 Ordo for use with the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite. Every sacristy needs to have an Ordo for both forms of the Roman Rite! … Read More
REVIEW: Folding altar cards for travel Mass set, including Requiem Mass cards
The nice people at SPORCH… yes, SPORCH, sent me – some time ago mind you – their newly revised Roman Rite folding, travel altar cards (for the Extraordinary Form). SPORCH is the Society for the Preservation of Roman Catholic Heritage. … Read More
REVIEW: St. Edmund Campion Missal & Hymnal for the Traditional Latin Mass – 2nd EDITION
Some time ago I reviewed the St. Edmund Campion Missal & Hymnal for the Traditional Latin Mass. HERE. It came out in 2012. It seems that there is a new edition for 2013. It is no longer from Corpus Christi Watershed. I … Read More
REVIEW: The book on Augustine which Pope Benedict would have wanted to write.
I am reading a new biography of Augustine published by a fresh, talented writer, Miles Hollingworth. Don’t let the title, St Augustine of Hippo, An Intellectual Biography, fool you. This is not a highbrow book intended for college professors, with … Read More
REVIEW: Advent Music from the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles – WINNER
UPDATE 30 Nov 18:07 GMT: Since the beginning of November, through this, from what I can tell we have sold on Amazon: mp3 downloads – 28 CDs – 177 ____ ORIGINAL POST: Orant et laborant! I was sent a photo … Read More
REVIEW: Norcia Benedictines’ cool new calendar
I think the Benedictine monks at Norcia are wonderful. They revived the Benedictine tradition, in a traditional way, in the place where St. Benedict is said to have been born. They make available, on demand, recordings of some of their … Read More
REVIEW: Lorraine Wallace’s new cookbook “Mr. Sunday’s Saturday Night Chicken”
I received my copies of Lorraine Wallace’s new cookbook Mr. Sunday’s Saturday Night Chicken. I wrote about it here. I had ordered a couple copies for myself as a gift to my father, to whom I gave an autographed copy of the … Read More
FILM REVIEW: The War of the Vendée
“They have killed our temporal king. Now they want to kill heavenly king. Who is worth fighting for, and even dying for, if not Him?” That is a line from the soon-to-be released film by Navis Pictures called The War … Read More
REVIEW: Baptism booklet (Angelus Press, 2006)
A while back I fielded a question about the celebration of the Sacrament of Baptism in the traditional form, using the older Rituale Romanum. In that discussion the issue of booklets for the use of bystanders came up. The nice … Read More
REVIEW: Mystic Monk Coffee
was so impressed by the proposed plans for the new Carmelite Monastery in Wyoming, that I decided to check out Mystic Monk Coffee and help them peddle some. Pounds and Grounds and Compounds I developed a strong interest in good … Read More
Comments Off on REVIEW: Mystic Monk Coffee