A few requests:
- May I ask you all to make great use of those social network sharing buttons? Try to wear them out, if you can. Thanks in advance.
- Please pray for a priest, a good friend, RD, who is ill. If he doesn’t improve, he will have to go into the hospital. Please pray for me, too, and a particular intention.
- Vote for this blog today and each day until voting closes on (I think) the 20th: HERE.
- Go to confession.
- Refresh your Mystic Monk Coffee or Tea supply right away. The Coffee of the Month is – I am not making this up – Dukundekawa Musasa.
- I have a few things which have highest priority on my wishlist. If you are think about sending me something, you might consider those things first. They are decidedly not fun things.
- The iTunes feed is still down. I thought I had it licked. Wrong. I am mystified and frustrated. I am a Relatively Smart Person, and this has me beat.
- I have a Very Smart Person working on the problem of the header when the blog is viewed with IE.
- I updated the wordpress theme here and lost some functions and gained some functions. I hope it is loading more quickly.
With all the chatter about the new iPad I want to remind you about the Kindle (UK link). And yes, you can read your Kindle books on your iPad with a couple advantages (e.g., you can read it in the dark, it is easier to highlight texts), though the Kindle does things the Kindle on iPad app can’t.
I have been a little down for a couple days (Lent has been a trial), so my spirits were lifted by the arrival of a couple books for Kindle from my wishlist.
Indivisible: Restoring Faith, Family, and Freedom Before It’s Too Late by Jay Richards and James Robison (the JRs) and The Fall of the Roman Household by Kate Cooper (UK link). I was delighted to see in the index that she wrote about Ecdicia! It’ll be interesting to see what Cooper makes of all this. If memory serves she stands firmly on the Late Antiquity side of the divide, along with Peter Brown, etc. I have a different view of the Fathers. But that’s going too far into the weeds for this entry.
The attacks on the true family are merciless, manifold and manifest. Before I got onto my topic for my doctoral dissertation (Patristic Theology), I was thinking about writing about an aspect of the family in the Fathers. Thus, both books are of interest.
Moreover, they were a shot in the arm. Thanks to KW and AC for those!
Here are few others I would like to thank for sending donations (to the birds and to me) and stuff from the wishlist.
MC, ED, AM, NL, LS, JSL, EN,
CC, MZ, VB, KB, EMcG, WG,
AC and BC, KB, RB, AR, AC, MF,
DN, BB, JP, AM, TP, MH, GC, CD,
JF, DG, VS, FN, PE, ES, WH, CC,
AS, KW, AC, JK, AC
I have remembered you in my prayers and at Holy Mass, as is my privilege, duty and pleasure. I will say Mass for benefactors again on, I think, Wednesday next.