SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: “If I go to Saturday night mass and receive Communion, and then go also to Sunday mass, may I receive Communion again?”
- And then there’s …
- Daily Rome Shot 532, etc.
- Coincidences? I think not.
- Liturgical Question: Which of these is NOT like the other?
- Daily Rome Shot 531, etc. – packed!
- ASK FATHER: A priest asks, “Is it okay to learn how to say the Traditional Latin Mass?” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- You thick-headed restorationists, you backwardist, dogma-refrigerating Neopelagians… there is only one unique expression of the Roman Rite! VIDEO
- Daily Rome Shot 530, etc.
- 10 August: Wonderful Collect for St. Lawrence
- Daily Rome Shot 529, etc.
- “The sky is crying…” – The Vigil and Tears of St. Lawrence
- Daily Rome Shot 528, etc.
- Wherein Fr. Z rants and recommends a must read entry at NLM
- Meanwhile, the Novus Ordo is the only expression of the Roman Rite… not.
- ASK FATHER: The faithful put blood, sweat, and tears into the building, revival of churches, parishes. Given how bishops treat them, is there recourse in Canon Law?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 9th Sunday after Pentecost (N.O. 19th Sunday)
- Daily Rome Shot 527, etc.
- If a law isn’t accepted, it is essentially no law at all. Traditionis? Time will tell. Novus Ordo? Time has told.
- ASK FATHER: Considering the chaos surrounding ‘Traditionis custodes” could we say that, in effect, it is no law at all?
- Daily Rome Shot 526, etc.
- FATHERS! LAITY! Are you ready?
- Daily Rome Shot 525, etc.
- ASK FATHER: I failed to do my confession penance. Now what?
- Daily Rome Shot 524, etc.
- Daily Rome Shot 523, etc.
- Hilarious statement from the Archdiocese of Chicago about the suppression of the Institute of Christ the King
- ASK FATHER: Should displaced Catholics attend the Novus Ordo? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Just Too Cool: Mars rover Curiosity is 10 years old
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 13 March 2012
To all the arm-chair observers of the “Lesbian/Communion Denial” flap who, after having heard about Canon Law a few times think they have some pretty good ideas about it, you should go soon to read THIS.* In the meantime, after … Read More
In the USA huge strides have been taken back toward sanity in the Catholic Church’s seminaries. The “biological solution” is having its way with the liberals and modernists who have dominated chanceries and seminaries for decades. Though some hang on … Read More
I am very grateful to readers who whinged at me about the problem with my iTunes feed for my podcasts. This lead me to gripe to you about it. This lead to my posting a question. This lead to comments … Read More
Learn something new everyday, is what I always say. Today I learned that there is a zettameter, which is a sextillion 1021 meters and there is a yottameter, which is a septillion 1024 meters. There is also, for really small … Read More
Our friends at Rorate have publicized that a French bishop, Most. Rev. Jean Bonfils, Emeritus of Nice went to an SSPX chapel in Ajaccio, Corsica and administered the sacrament of Confirmation to 19 people. It seems that the local SSPX … Read More