About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your use of my Amazon link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
Do you want to show some appreciation?
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Kent Wendler: (Consider the following as a sort of sidebar:) Correct me if I’m wrong, but jus abutendi means the “rig ht to abuse̶ 1;, including the “rig ht to destroy 221;...
- oledocfarmer: They who refuse to live by organic developmen t will probably die by organic developmen t.
- Gaetano: Any chance of a Blognic gathering?
- maryh: I think anyplace that wants the TLM should strongly consider getting the NO Mass celebrated the way it was supposed to be (ad orientem, communion on the tongue kneeling, Latin given pride of...
- maryh: @paulbaile s said “I earnestly hope that this is not a case of a diocese simply waking up to the fact that the NOM isn’t going to be a sustainabl e product, and that if it wants to...
- hwriggles4: Fr. Z: I went to the Dallas March last Saturday, which was well attended but no television coverage. I wanted to go to Washington this year, but I have a work tour that Friday. Haven&...
- KateD: Yes. The Novus Ordo will disappear, for lack of priests willing to celebrate it and lack of Catholics who would attend. Like Pope Benedict XVI indicated: A smaller, stronger Church. It will...
- PMac07: https://li turgyguy.c om/ Brian Williams at Liturgy Guy has been compiling Latin Mass Statistics .
- Semper Gumby: Have a blessed journey and March for Life Fr. Z. F-16s are indeed the Sound of Freedom. The Scent of Freedom is incense at Holy Mass, and gunpowder drifting on a light breeze early in...
- acardnal: Now if only we can get those F35s . . .
- Semper Gumby: Interestin g post on Keats̵ 7; poem “The Eve of St. Agnes̶ 1; and the pre-Raphae lite painters. Keats̵ 7; poem, at the prurient hands of the Deconstruc tionists, has...
- robert hightower: Praise God that western Ohio will have a Sunday Latin Mass! St. Joseph Church in Egypt, OH (Minster, OH mailing address), will begin an afternoon (4pm) Sunday Mass on the second...
- robtbrown: Just Some Guy, As Catholics, we are universal, by name. So never let us put one as above the other in human institutio ns, as all are members of Christ’s mystical body. Since when does...
- adriennep: Well, one cure for all the Church’s ills would be for everyone to get a pilgrimage to Italy. It puts all of it in perspectiv e. It is hard to argue with the witness of incorrupt bodies...
- robtbrown: One other possibilit y for keeping it secret is ViganoR 17;. If Marx is working closely with the govt, perhaps the police might have arrested him, then sent him to Rome. In Germany...
- Mightnotbeachristiantou: I think we are moving into a phase where a metal goblet, will not be profane. We have more disposable income nowadays so that things that were opulent are accessi...
- JonPatrick: I was under the impression that the change allowing the anticipate d Mass on Saturday evening happened under Pius XII but was rarely used until after the Paul VI Mass was introduced ....
- JonPatrick: I think that ideally there would be some sort of count much as bird watchers pick a certain date to count the bird population . Ideally this would be in the Spring or Fall to negate the...
- Markus: Adelle, No they do not have to be silver or gold. Prior to the 19th Century, before commercial electropla ting was invented, they were gold gilded. The process involved the “bur ning...
- JustaSinner: Rather rusty Latin, but TOLLO NUNC!
- JustaSinner: New rallying cry: Vacate Now!
- Chrissin: Multi-grai n hosts- huh? How about rye? Could it be Jewish rye? Oy Vey!
- codycarver: Or, you could give them a call @ 773-284-77 85. I believe the accuracy of these sites is dependent on the input from those providing, or assisting at these masses.
- Adelle Cecilia: Internet querie* The first result (i know that doesn̵ 7;t make it authoritat ive) states, “Acc ording to the existing law of the Church the chalice, or at least the cup of...
- Adelle Cecilia: (I will make an intense querie after this post, but) I thought that inside of chalices had to be lined with gold?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- My View For Awhile: To Washington DC, NON-Impeachment Edition
- A site with statistics for the growth and availability of the Traditional Latin Mass?
- 21 January St. Agnes: “Intercede and beg a return of orthodoxy, sanity and sanctity to the Roman Church!”
- OLDIE PODCAzT 127: The Eve of St. Agnes and a Bleak Midwinter
- A diocese smells the coffee: starts planning for decline of the Novus Ordo and growth of the TLM
- ASK FATHER: Glass chalices…. again?
- A few things of interest: TLM pilgrimage opp, new book, against pendulums, and Warhol the hack
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 2nd Sunday – 2020
- Wherein Fr. Z is moved to pray to martyred nuns, newly discovered, about something that happened today. – UPDATED
- A note of thanks. Mass for Benefactors.
- Remember #UniteTheClans ? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- URGENT PRAYER REQUEST for a young priest diagnosed with ALS – #padresfight
- WDTPRS – 2nd Ordinary (NO) & 2nd Sunday after Epiphany (TLM): God knows our needs better than we do.
- Card. Sarah has met with Benedict XVI as the haters stir “incessant, nauseating, dishonest controversy” #BOOKGATE
- UPDATE! ASK FATHER: Use of a Catholic church for the “ordination” of woman Episcopalian “bishop”
- ASK FATHER: I discovered that the hosts used are from flour of a variety of grains. What to do?
- “Let the Jesuits come to me. With hands in the air and without algorithms.” Fr. Z says: Let the Jesuits GO TO CHINA.
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio Thursday – ZedNet reminder and a throat tightener
- Some stuff from my mail
- My View For Awhile: north
- More about #BOOKGATE and a Litany Against Modernists
- UPDATE – HILARITY ENSUES- Lib reactions to the new book from Card. Sarah and Benedict XVI
- To save the world, we have to save the liturgy. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Summary of FACTS about the controversial new book by BOTH Card. Sarah and Benedict XVI
- 14 January – Festum Asinorum #FeastoftheAss Day! (No, it’s not a special Jesuit holiday.)
- Letter from Card. Sarah in which he forgives his persecutors
- “With all the priests, we pray: Save us, Lord, we perish!” A snippet from the new Benedict/Sarah book
- FIRST REMARKS about the new book by Card. Sarah and Benedict XVI
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Holy Family/Baptism – 2020 – Fr. Z rants about word accents and microphones
- ASK FATHER: Why can’t I confess my sins to God and not the priest?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 16 March 2012
In an otherwise dreadful tech day for me, I have had a bright spot. The UPS Gal swooped in her brown truck with a gift from a reader from my amazon wishlist: the DVD/BRAY of the movie The Way (thanks … Continue reading
I will let you liturgical experts and interested dabblers provide this good reader with some help. I may be missing something, but I can’t see much of a problem. You readers might see differently. From a reader: A question for … Continue reading
When I worked in the Vatican I had a mantra: “Yesterday’s technology tomorrow!” We updated our equipment every 75 years, whether it needed it or not. I am happy to see recent developments. For example, Vatican Radio and CTV have … Continue reading
I am experimenting with themes to try to solve some problems.
We are headed into a time of true spiritual warfare. The signs of this are thick in the air about us now. We would do well to get ourselves ready. We need good examinations of conscience, good confessions, good Communions – always GOOD … Continue reading
I received this note from a reader: When I go to your blog, the normal array of sidebar, header, etc., appears for two seconds, but then disappears, and then a full width post column appears with no sidebar and the … Continue reading
Several people sent me a video of Glen Beck talking about “The Vatican”. He is a bit out of his depth in how he speaks about the workings of the Church and higher levels of leadership, but he gets around … Continue reading
Holy See Statement about SSPX and avoiding “ecclesial rupture of painful and incalculable consequences”
I thought something was coming! This is from the Holy See Press Office: COMMUNIQUE CONCERNING THE SOCIETY OF ST. PIUS X Vatican City, 16 March 2012 (VIS) – Given below is the text of a communique relating to the Society … Continue reading
Obama Admin’s HHS kills Texas women’s health program because State prohibits money to help Planned Parenthood
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!Planned Parenthood, founded by the eugenicist Margaret Sanger to kill off black people, the mentally challenged and other societal undesirables, now has one objective: make money from the death of babies through as many abortions … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks! On Friday 23 March at 12 Noon there will be “Stand Up for Religious Liberty” rallies all over the USA. Click here for rally locations.
Help, please? WDTPRS is a finalist for Best Catholic Blog in About.com’s Readers Choice Awards. Click HERE to go to the page to VOTE. You may vote once per day…. actually once per 24 hour period. 24 hrs after your … Continue reading