BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING?
Please, come here first! Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added Amazon Search Boxes for the UK and for Canada at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear as if by magic. Kindle? HERE
US Hardcover - HERE
UK Hardcover - HERE
US Paperback - HERE
UK Paperback - not yet
- If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 RSV
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- dinsdale said “Violence is not a sign of strength but of w...
- catholictrad said Anybody remember “Johnny Taliban”? De...
- ChgoCatholic said I allude to a fourth camp in my longer comment bel...
- ChgoCatholic said I read the Times piece yesterday and was hoping it...
- Sconnius said For anyone looking for more about what the Church...
- ChgoCatholic said I pray you are correct about future outcomes!
- steve51b31 said I was at my weekly prison ministry visit this even...
- Mike said You know, today I had only two people wish me a ha...
- 21stCentury Anglican said As an Anglican, I can tell you that we’ve se...
- thomas tucker said I think the number of Catholics going to church wo...
- Sieber said Today I have been reading up on angels including t...
- Fr. Gabriel, OP said While brevity is important, it is perhaps the lest...
- Prayerful said The priest had some very fine golden vestments for...
- Bosco said I love that depiction of the angels with Tobias be...
- Kathleen10 said sorry for two posts, but I read the articles. I ha...
- jaykay said Adorista says: “They liked what they thought...
- Anne C. said Father Z, you would be pleased to know that your f...
- Kathleen10 said I’m going to comment before I read the artic...
- albizzi said I began to confess in the pre-VATII times like thi...
- frival said I believe the point both authors are making is tha...
- Kathleen10 said I love to think about angels but don’t speak...
- wolfeken said Polycarpio wrote: “Francis is trying to ral...
- JARay said I enjoy reading a blog called Denzinger-Bergoglio,...
- Polycarpio said Religions are waning. If you look at the patterns...
- JARay said Yes, I do pray to my Guardian Angel daily. I thank...
- Kent Wendler said Over the years I can think of two instances which...
- GregH said To Ed Peters, I find it profitable to think about...
- Adorista said My sense from talking to Catholics who who are a l...
- Mariana2 said St. Faustina could see, from a train window, angel...
- cwillia1 said There is not much to add to those two articles. We...
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee) and Norcia (beer)!
Without you, there is no blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Art by D Burkart
- Aedificantium enim unusquisque gladio erat accinctus.
- Nehemiah 4:18
"Where priest and people together face the same way, what we have is a cosmic orientation and also in interpretation of the Eucharist in terms of resurrection and trinitarian theology. Hence it is also an interpretation in terms of parousia, a theology of hope, in which every Mass is an approach to the return of Christ."
Joseph Ratzinger - The Feast of Faith"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003
One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting. — C. S. Lewis
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
"Latin is a precise, essential language. It will be abandoned, not because it is unsuitable for the new requirements of progress, but because the new men will not be suitable for it. When the age of demagogues and charlatans begins, a language like Latin will no longer be useful, and any oaf will be able to give a speech in public and talk in such a way that he will not be kicked off the stage. The secret to this will consist in the fact that, by making use of words that are general, elusive, and sound good, he will be able to speak for an hour without saying anything. With Latin, this is impossible."
- - Giovanni Guareschi
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Help the Sisters. They have a building project. Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Some OBLIGATORY reading…
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A great hymnal…
Find a Quality Realtor. Support the Gospel of Life!
If you, or someone you know, needs to buy or sell a house, office, or any kind of domestic or commercial property anywhere in the world, call Real Estate For Life on 1-877-LIFE-US1. They connect you with an expert agent with a proven track-record from a local franchised broker or strong independent. When the sale is completed, the agent gives a portion of their fee to Real Estate For Life as a referral fee. Real Estate For Life gives 80% of that fee to one of the pro-life organizations they work with: a house with a value of $150,000 means $1000 goes to the pro-life organization. It doesn't cost you anything.
And for your cybersecurity…
Mystic Monk Coffee also has TEA!
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Angel Feast!
- Sober and sobering views of the “Francis Effect”
- NORTH KOREA: Christians ‘Hung On A Cross Over Fire’, Steamrollered And Crushed To Death
- The language of politics
- ACTION ITEM! FLOODS! Fr. Z to BISHOPS and PRIESTS – Pray Against Floods
- Priests can indeed decline to hear confessions face-to-face
- ASK FATHER: Father says Mass without a chasuble, only a stole over the alb
- Via Michaelica: a “Ley Line” Pilgrimage, and You
- 30 November – MADISON – Confirmation in the Traditional Rite
- FOLLOW UP POLL: 26 Sept 2016 – Trump v Clinton
- CHICAGO: 26 September – Essential Debate Day FOOD Edition!
- “If I were a bishop, I would send round formidable, even terrifying, hit squads of young clergy…”
- URGENT POLL – 26 Sept 2016 – Trump v Clinton Debate
- Bp. Olmsted (D. Phoenix) interprets ‘Amoris laetitia’
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: Will all be saved?
- We are at a “precarious moment in our history” when churches must speak truth to power
- Happy Feast of Our Lady of Walsingham to members of the Ordinariate
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- “O God, you are so big!” Maronite English liturgical translations: Devastation!
- Padre Pio music on his feast day: Musical Setting of his “Prayer” (VIDEO)
- WDTPRS – 26th Ordinary Sunday: Bowels of Mercy
- SSPX Bp. Fellay talks about relations with the Holy See
- September Ember!
- MEXICO: Another priest kidnapped after two were murdered
- Acton on giving the powerful a pass because they are famous
- The Autumnal Tipping Point
- Trump campaign forms Catholic advisory group
- Jesuit Fr James Martin honored by homosexual advocates condemned by Holy See and USCCB
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Please follow me on Twitter!
- "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."
Charles Pierre Péguy Notre Patrie, 1905"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382“We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.”
Reading and gift ideas!
Tag Archives: abortion
I saw this Tweet and a story about this Tweet at LifeSite. Senator @timkaine: Do us both a favor. Don’t show up in my communion line. I take Canon 915 seriously. It’d be embarrassing for you & for me — … Continue reading
Justice Clarence Thomas dissented today. In his dissent to the SCOTUS majority opinion in WHOLE WOMAN’S HEALTH v. HELLERSTEDT Thomas wrote about the false principles they are using, and have been using. Here are a few excerpts from his 16 … Continue reading
When you are tempted to think that Notre Dame University can’t sink any lower… From Adam Wilson of the Cardinal Newman Society (check their feed on my right side bar) to my email: This is outrageous, and I wanted to … Continue reading
Pro-life activist Jill Stanek’s house was vandalized by pro-abortion cowards. The story is HERE. One of them threw a brick through her window with the note: “Quit the pro-life bulls**t.” It’s in a Target sack. I’ll take Irony for $1000, Alex. … Continue reading
A couple of really sad women… horrific world views… tragic consequences. First, Nancy “The Theologian” Pelosi at CNS: (CNSNews.com) – House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) criticized Republican attempts to defund Planned Parenthood and repeal the Affordable Care Act in … Continue reading
UPDATE 15 Oct: I received this from a trustworthy priest: I saw your post on the Mar del Plata cathedral assault. Quite frightening demonstration and disappointing response from the rector. However, the whole event may be more complicated than it … Continue reading
For the Year of Mercy the Holy Father has given to all priests the faculty to absolve from the censure that is incurred by the crime (not just sin) of successfully procuring an abortion. This has created a bit of … Continue reading
The distinguished canonist (and commentator here) Ed Peters has a useful post at his fine blog In The Light Of The Law about the distinction of the sin of abortion and the crime of abortion and the sanction/censure that can be incurred … Continue reading
Just a reminder of what you all know. The other day she said that the baby parts videos were disturbing. She now repeats that she supports Planned Parenthood, big business abortion, founded by Margaret Sanger to get rid of undesirable … Continue reading
Remember… Planned Parenthood was initiated to get rid of undesirables. Everyone… take a moment to go to Crisis and read Fr. George Rutler’s new offering. HERE A sample… Christ cannot be psychoanalyzed because he is perfect. It would be like seeking … Continue reading
Fathers and seminarians, pay attention! From a reader… The Pope is sending out special priests who can absolve abortion. Does this mean that priests are giving absolution for something they cannot? Is the absolution then invalid? What does that mean for reception of … Continue reading
Nancy “the Theologian” Pelosi… words fail! From LifeSite: Nancy Pelosi: Gay ‘marriage’ is ‘consistent’ with Catholic teaching WASHINGTON, D.C., June 2, 2015 (LifeSiteNews.com) — House Minority Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-CA, says that same-sex “marriage” is perfectly “consistent” with Catholic … Continue reading
I really like this Wisconsin sheriff. From LifeSite: Black Sheriff Says if Black Lives Mattered They’d Protest at Abortion Clinics CNN’s Poppy Harlow interviewed Milwaukee Sheriff David Clarke about the recent protests that some in the Black Community have sparked … Continue reading
ACTION ITEM! POLL ALERT! Wisconsin Judge strikes down law requiring abortion docs to have hospital privileges
At the Milwaukee Wisconsin Journal Sentinel there is a poll about a recent decision of a federal judge (an Obama appointee, probably raised Catholic HERE) to strike down a law requiring that doctors performing abortions (aka infanticide) also have admitting privileges … Continue reading
One problem we face constantly now is that abortion advocates, big-business abortion and pro-abortion catholics have successfully framed abortion as a “women’s” issue. It isn’t. It is a human rights issue. There is a piece at the site Pregnancy Help News which reminded … Continue reading