You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- MarcAnthony said Isn’t Obama, as Commander in Chief, the ulti...
- VexillaRegis said These LCWR sisters behave like tone deaf singers....
- The Motley Monk said For what it’s worth, my thoughts were that t...
- JuliaSaysPax said I’m really excited that I get access to dail...
- maryh said @Imrahil Students will, in fair amounts, learn Lat...
- maryh said @frjim4321 Take your basic Midwest diocese in the...
- Jon said Father, “Since” Summorum Pontificum yo...
- Andrew said Maltese: Why not just have a Traditional Latin Mas...
- Supertradmum said Father Z., another great issue would be settled if...
- Suburbanbanshee said “Faest” included days of just plain ab...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said Late for heaven , Order a Dominican Rite pew bookl...
- Suburbanbanshee said “Recently heard something on EWTN that bothe...
- melanie said The parish priest is teaching the Pater Noster to...
- Late for heaven said I am fortunate to have access to a Dominican Rite...
- Cavaliere said I’d be the first to admit that it’s technically pe...
- Imrahil said Dear @Hank Igitur, I agree. Dear @Chicken, nomoret...
- Athelstan said “Why not just have a Traditional Latin Mass...
- Athelstan said “As far as I know, there has been no negativ...
- JonPatrick said I agree with the Chicken. It is silly to scapegoat...
- PA mom said Dear Fathers, please keep parents of young childr...
- JonPatrick said pjsandstrom, of course Latin has been in use in th...
- The Masked Chicken said “No doubt my generation is narcissistic, mat...
- billy said I’m sorry. I respectfully disagree. If the m...
- pjsandstrom said It would be an interesting ‘thought experime...
- pjsandstrom said It would be an interesting ‘thought experime...
- Fr AJ said It really bothers me that the new Roman Missal doe...
- Maltese said Why not just have a Traditional Latin Mass if you...
- orthros said Supertradmum, I historically love your responses b...
- New Sister said Recently heard something on EWTN that bothered me&...
- Kerry said Ah, Latin. Would Pavoratti improve if he had gott...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
- QUAERITUR: People who walk away with Hosts
- WSJ on “The Trials of Father MacRae” – IMPORTANT
- Card. O’Malley to boycott Boston College when they honor pro-abortion Irish PM
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: Daniel Mitsui
I received this note from the well-known Catholic artist Daniel Mitsui:
Dear Father Zuhlsdorf:
Could you do me the favor of letting your readers know about a special Christmas auction of one of my original drawings that is being done to benefit … Continue reading
Many of you subscribe to or know the small booklet Magnificat, an aid for the post-Conciliar form of Holy Mass. It is pocket-size and it is sent to you each, I believe, month.
There is now a similar aid for the Usus Antiquior, or … Continue reading
As Christmas approaches, the esteemed artist Daniel Mitsui sent me another print, this time of the Adoration of the Magi. Very nice!
A few details.
It was inspired by a 15th c. panel by the Master of the AH Monogram.
The Circumcision is … Continue reading
I am surprised that I, a bibliophile, don’t know much about these just too cool books. I knew of their existence, and the memory lingered in the back of my mind, but go now and have a look at the … Continue reading
More beautiful art from Daniel Mitsui! Five new color prints, including Pentecost, Christ the High Priest (think “ordination gifts”!)
I have written several times about the art of Daniel Mitsui.
For Mr. Mitsui’s site click HERE.
He has sent me a few more things, this time from a series of drawings for the Holy See’s Vox Clara Committee (the translation liaison … Continue reading
The artist Daniel Mitsui, in his newsletter, indicates that he has new art, including a representation of the Glorious Mysteries (a nice gift to a priest after Easter) and – this really caught my eye – the Four Last Things!
I … Continue reading
The minor orders were suppressed in the Latin Church in 1972.
Who knows if, down the line, through some gravitational pull exerted through the slowly increasing use of the Extraordinary Form and a greater focus on continuity with our tradition, they … Continue reading
From time to time I have showed you some art by artist Daniel Mitsui, who has a blog entitled The Lion and the Cardinal, an obvious Patristic reference which never fails to delight me.
I want to remind you of some … Continue reading
I am sure you remember my review of artist/illustrator Daniel Mitsui’s Crucifixion. Mitsui has a blog called The Lion and the Cardinal, an obvious Patristic reference which never fails to delight me.
Today I received another print from him, a polychrome … Continue reading