Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- LarryW2LJ: As Inigo Montoya would say: “Par adigm shift? You keep using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.̶ 1;
- Semper Gumby: Great article by Fr. Longenecke r, a methodical and solid correction of Fr. Martin. God willing, Fr. Martin will accept at least some of the correction . Thought I’d mention...
- richiedel: I would like to tell Cdl. Cupich the following: The world teaches families to do what feels good and to be accepting of family members who do things you may not agree with, then, when...
- adriennep: HeatherPA, I feel your pain, as I’m also a rural Catholic desirous of a classical education. But rejoice, there are options now. Not only can you get a great classical education online...
- JabbaPapa: The Catholicit y is not a “par adigm̶ 1; — I also think that those who are over-using this word in recent times are mis-using it from a lack of understand ing of what it...
- Fr. Lovell: I was ordained a priest just six weeks prior to the release of “Summorum Pontificum .” I mention this because from the very beginning I have experience d the joy of the EF as well as...
- Kathleen10: Heh, just wait til Vatican II gets beatified along with Paul VI. They’ ;re making it all but illegal, and if they can make it illegal, they will. Their intentions are perfec...
- Michaelus: This is how young people can change the world! It really happened: https://ww w.heraldo. es/noticia s/ocio-cul tura/2018/ 02/14/el-p regon-sant iago-compo stela-ofen dio-virgen -del-pi...
- Henry Edwards: The “Rec tor’ s shrineR 21;??? Thanks for letting us know how cordially our NATIONAL Shrine (aka “Ame rica’ ;s church) welcomes TLM priests. Good to remem...
- Father Totton: I experience d a similar challenge recently at the Shrine. I was in DC back in October and I had requested ahead of time to offer a private Mass in the Lourdes Chapel (I didn...
- adriennep: The spectacula r G. A. Henty (spelled with a t) novels come highly recommende d by homeschool families with boys. They are written before 1900 but so dense and historical ly accurate. He...
- Lucas: jbazchicag o: He is definitely a priest looking for advancemen t, I’m sure he’l l get it sooner rather than later. Fr Z: I’m not surprised about your issues. There was...
- JamesA: “Dr. H. D’um py” ? (Insert uproarious laughter) Excellent. If His Excellency insists there is no rupture, then that means the age-old teaching of the Church is unchang...
- momoften: I homeschool . I have been for about 20 years. I am not perfect at it. I am not a teacher. I know what I do want for my kids. I want the best mass, best churches I can go to in the city I...
- Joy65: How very sad. This hurts my heart. Whether one or 1000 or more each deserves the Adoration and reverence of Our Lord. Praying that in the future this situation will be thought about ahead of...
- Fr.JP: When St JPII visited NZ in 1986 and a large outdoor Mass was held in Christchur ch at the then Lancaster Park, a similar thing happened – too many hosts consecrate d – but...
- bobbird: This was texted to me by a fellow retired teacher: Young Girl: “Dea r God, why do you permit these terrible school shootings to take place?R 21; God: “I 8217;m sorry, but...
- bcstudent: I think that there are certain evangelica l benefits from having public mega-Masse s. When roads are closed or stadiums are filled with practicing Catholics praying the Holy Mass it is a...
- Grateful to be Catholic: A Pontifical Solemn Mass according to the Missal of 1962 will be celebrated at the High Altar of the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception on April...
- David L Alexander: I understand there is a specific chapel (Our Lady of Lourdes) that is used for the TLM. It has its own very small sacristy with suitable vestments and other accoutreme nt. I...
- wmeyer: As to paper vs. Kindle, I think it an excellent idea to give real books to the children. First, because the experience of the book, and freedom from other distractio ns, is part of the...
- HeatherPA: This makes my heart sink, worrying about the Lord being subject to sacrilege because they didn’t use prudence or want to upset anyone over poor attendence ? I truly hope that His Sacred...
- John UK: Don’ t get me started, Father! 1) I understand that when JPII celebrated on Pontcanna Fields in Cardiff on his papal visit so many Hosts were over-conse crated that that they were...
- GypsyMom: My husband and I run a small homeschool “co- op” using an accredited Catholic classical curriculum . The materials are solid and trustworth y, and the students get a good...
- Semper Gumby: I agree with other commenters about reading aloud, printed books over screens at that age, and reading Tolkien first before viewing those movies. MacCheese: For a 10 year-old boy, a...
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- Of “paradigm shift” interest
- Spain: young people dancing a jota in reparation for blasphemy against the Blessed Virgin
- Mega-Masses and too many Hosts
- The State v. Self-Reliance
- LENTCAzT 2018 07 – Tuesday in the 1st Week of Lent: subtle temptation
- Attacks on the family
- My View For Awhile: Capital Edition
- Books for boys. Suggested titles and an additional point.
- LENTCAzT 2018 06 – Monday in the 1st Week of Lent: “I warned you!”
- Wherein Fr Longenecker schools @JamesMartinSJ
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (N.O.): The Lenten “Sacrament”
- LENTCAzT 2018 05 – 1st Sunday of Lent: Anger and Reason
- Commandments are NOT mere “ideals” from which some are excused because, “They’re tooo haaard!” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- JUST TOO COOL – Cops, ashes, and podcasts
- VIDEO Fr. Murray and Prof. Royal on some tough issues
- LENTCAzT 2018 04 – Ash Saturday: Getting ready for… it.
- Pontifical Requiem Mass for a great lover of the Church’s sacred liturgy
- LENTCAzT 2018 03 – Ash Friday: Grant me a little more time
- Role of #MSM in mass shootings: If it bleeds, it leads. Angry @fatherz asks fearful questions
- Wherein Fr. Z rants in the wake of the Florida school mass murder
- Friday after Ash Wednesday: Feast of the Crown of Thorns
- LENTCAzT 2018 02 – Ash Thursday: What you are I was, what I am you shall be.
- Your #AshWednesday Sermon Notes #ashtag – AUDIO Fr Z
- Ash Wednesday, Fasting, Abstaining, and You – with notes on alligator, endothermic moonfish, and muskrat
- LENTCAzT 2018 01: Ash Wednesday – Unto dust thou shalt return.
- Fun with @OneMadMomBlog – BuzzFeed – Alt-Right and @SebGorka
- LENTCAzT 2018 00: Shrove Tuesday – Get out your armor, pilgrim’s shoes and cloaks
- Singing and confession – Just Too Cool!
- Writing to Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Fishwrap
Slithery misdirection from the National Sodomitical Reporter: Bishops who avoid scandal commit scandal
The National Sodomitical Reporter (aka Fishwrap) is at it again with a particularly dreadful defense of sodomy.
While not many people will bother to read it (it’s really long and rather boring), it contains landmines.
From the title – and from its … Continue reading
At Fishwrap (aka National Sodomitic Reporter) there is a “news” piece about the coverage … a news piece about the coverage… sheesh… which was given to a post at the notoriously liberal liturgy blog Pray Tell, which incorrectly attributed to Bp. Robert … Continue reading
Spotted on Twitter:
Soooo… Fr. Z is an RC integralist who prays like an evangelical fundamentalist.
Ivereigh used to be the editor of a magazine. He has clearly allowed his reading skills to get rusty.
Oh, right. He was editor of The Bitter Pill (aka The Tablet, … Continue reading
ASK FATHER: Corruption, sodomy, drugs, infidelity… How can we trust anything from Rome? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
Feedback from a reader…
In a recent post, you respond to a question about the distress that is caused by the latest homosexual scandal in the Vatican. You pointed out that the enemy will attack, “in particular,” those who have influence over others. Among … Continue reading
I’m sure you are all wondering what is going on at the Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter – aka National Sodomitic Reporter these days. A quick scan of their stories includes:
When women become a clear and present danger at the … Continue reading
When liberals run out of ideas, they resort to personal attacks. Such is the case of Michael Sean Winters of the Fishwrap. We’ve seen his venom before. HERE and, especially, HERE
Winters doesn’t like the K of C’s politics, and so he attacks … Continue reading
Over at the Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) the “Wile E. Coyote of contemporary liberal catholicism”, Michael Sean Winters, had a nutty about Card. Sarah’s message to the Summorum Pontificum colloquium in Germany. HERE
He picked on the new ICEL translation a bit, blah blah … Continue reading
Over at Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) there is a hypocritical, mendacious piece which I bring to your attention.
Peter Feuerhard wrote about the eeeeevils of “restorationism”. This “-ism”, involves “bringing traditionalist approaches to liturgy and governance of parish life”.
Imagine such an evil thing! … Continue reading
And now for something completely different…
Something not so fresh, as usual, from the Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter). The combox (in theory having a new policy) under that piece is not revealing wholehearted enthusiasm about the event.
I wonder how much the Clinton/Podesta … Continue reading
You might trot over to Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) and read the epitome of a spittle-flecked nutty.
Michael Sean Winters (aka Wile E. Coyote of contemporary liberal Catholicism) is unhinged on this first full day on which we called Donald Trump “President-Elect” and … Continue reading
I am sure that by now you have heard about how the anti-Catholic Clinton campaign’s anti-Catholic manager John Podesta helped foment dissent in the Church and revolt by establishing anti-Catholic, catholic organizations. HERE Undermine the Church as a … Continue reading
First, here is a link to something that I posted some time ago: HERE
Once again the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) is stumping in favor of the ordination of women to the priesthood. This is what the Fishwrap does: they dissent from the Church’s teaching … Continue reading
Over at Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) our old pal, and promoter of women’s ordination, Phyllis Zagano has another knee-slapper.
She has a penchant for over-the-top moral equivalencies. Let’s see her latest cringe-worthy claim: Because the Catholic Church doesn’t ordain women, the Catholic Church is … Continue reading
At Lepanto Institute there is a call to the US bishops to “ban” the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap). In the post there a good summary of the sort of dreck that flows from that open pipe. They make a … Continue reading
I wonder if most of the writers for the Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) – deep down – hate the Church.
That’s a horrible thought, but how else can one explain this sort of thing?
An article about how evil the Church is … Continue reading
At the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap), dissidents as they are, they fall over each other in support of the (impossible) ordination of women. Tom Fox seems especially enamored of this fantasy.
There was a gathering of some supporters of women’s ordination, Conference for Ordination … Continue reading
The National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) is once again stumping for one of its favorite topics. No, not sodomitic marriage this time. Women’s ordination.
Imagine the amazing insights Sr. Maureen Fiedler can offer. HERE Note the energy and fervor edition Fishwrap publisher Tom Fox … Continue reading
Burke Derangement Syndrome™ has struck again!
Michael Sean Winters of the Fishwrap has swooned upon his fainting couch at the news of Edward Pentin’s new book about what happened at the Synod of Bishops last October.
More about Pentin’s new Smoking Gun Book™ about last … Continue reading
From The Fishwrap (aka National Sodomitic Reporter)… The Church should work with Big Business Abortion – Planned Parenthood.
To them, I’m sure, this is reasonable.
The Catholic church should partner with Planned Parenthood to reduce abortions
After 40 years of rosaries prayed in … Continue reading