SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- TWF on FOR SALE: “BeatifyStickler: Not coast to coast. We have plenty of reverent NO Masses in Vancouver (including at the cathedral where Latin…”
- Charivari Rob on POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023: “TonyO, I’d say one or two logical possibilities were missing. My experience was “didn’t have time to go looking” —…”
- Fr. Reader on FOR SALE: “Many would see this as something good and necessary: get rid of this old medieval stuff. They are places for…”
- sevensixtwo187 on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “We had a very nice crowd for the High Mass for The Annunciation on Saturday (around 300) and then on…”
- FRLBJ on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “All the main statues were covered, but not the Stations of the Cross. We have so many statues. Some are…”
- JPCahill on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “We (the Ordinariate) use the same lectionary as the Novus Ordo, except instead of the NAB the RSV-CE is used.…”
- JamesM on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “In the Community Centre/Gym that I was in for Mass yesterday there were no statues visible to veil. However there…”
- Imrahil on MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?: “Note that the later Pope Benedict thinks his 2nd hypothesis is a hypothesis, it could be. I quite agree to…”
- BeatifyStickler on FOR SALE: “I lived in Nova Scotia as a child. This is where the Latin Mass was said in the late 80’s…”
- Charivari Rob on FOR SALE: ““Douglas Fur” wood?”
- diaconus_in_urbe on WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Lent: Liturgical death throes: ““From today, in the Extraordinary Form the “Iudica” psalm is no longer said during the prayers at the foot of…”
- CamB12 on FOR SALE: “This is in my diocese. Very sad!”
- Philmont237 on FOR SALE: “If I had the money I’d buy all of these churches and turn them into oratories. In an unrelated but…”
- Bryan D. Boyle on FOR SALE: “@TheBackPew: how much? Thinking lots of millions USD. Demolition of a building this size (how I know has much to…”
- APX on FOR SALE: “It also comes with a fully functional pipe organ. (There’s a community of church organists quite interested in the organ).…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 35: Tuesday Passiontide – When the hour comes
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images
- Daily Rome Shot 702
- FOR SALE
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 34: Monday Passiontide – Repent and live!
- POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Lent: Liturgical death throes
- Daily Rome Shot 701
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 33: 1st Passion Sunday – Passiontide begins
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 32: Saturday 4th Week – Annunciation
- MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?
- Daily Rome Shot 700
- “Only what is true can ultimately be pastoral”.
- 24 March – Feast of St. Gabriel, Archangel – images
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-24 – Priests retirement home
- Daily Rome Shot 699
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 31: Friday 4th Week – Dead but rising
- Daily Rome Shot 698
- Pig hearts over altars in Austria, pagan Mayan Mass rite in Mexico, but people who want the Traditional Latin Mass must be ghettoized and railroaded to oblivion.
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 30: Thursday 4th Week – Eternal death and YOU – CORRECTED
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 29: The Ancient Mid-Point
- Daily Rome Shot 697
- VIDEO: Glimpses of Forty Hours
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian
- Priests saying STUPID THINGS in the confessional… again
- Daily Rome Shot 696
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 28: Tuesday 4th Week – “What abundance! What generosity!”
- Happy AEQUINOCTIUM!
- Daily Rome Shot 695
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Monthly Archives: January 2023
Sign posted on confessional door: “GET TO THE POINT!” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
I saw this photo on Twitter. I post just the photo and not the link because of the off-color remark that accompanied it, surely motivated by disgust. I’m not precisely sure what motivated the off-color remark about this sign. Several … Read More
Daily Rome Shot 649
Photo by The Great Roman™ Meanwhile,… NB: I’ll hold comments with solutions ’till the next day so there won’t be “spoilers” for others. Priestly chess players, drop me a line. HERE Your use of my Amazon affiliate link is a … Read More
Fr. John Hollowell’s brain tumor was miraculously healed at Lourdes.
Let’s be clear about something. If we do not ask for miracles, it is unlikely that they will be granted. Fr. John Hollowell has a brief video to explain that his brain tumor, which had returned, was miraculously healed through … Read More
Items of good news and an ACTION ITEM!
Here are some bits of good news. First, an amuse bouche. Next, I had this note from someone where the TLM is celebrated by the FSSP: Someone from work and with lots of prejudices came yesterday and he said he … Read More
ASK FATHER: I just learned we have to confess mortal sins in kind and NUMBER. But I haven’t been doing that. I don’t want to go to Hell.
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I have recently learned I believe several years ago then when going to confession one must confess mortal sins by kind and “x” times #. Well, I don’t think I’ve ever done that until I found … Read More
Daily Rome Shot 648 & Pre-Lent is coming
Photo by The Great Roman™ Meanwhile,… NB: I’ll hold comments with solutions ’till the next day so there won’t be “spoilers” for others. Interested in learning? Try THIS. Your use of my Amazon affiliate link is a major part of … Read More
If Vatican II was supposed to usher in a new “springtime”…
Here’s an informal thought exercise. If Vatican II was supposed to usher in a new “springtime”… I saw something – HERE – EUROPE, NO LONGER CHRISTIAN ACCORDING TO PRESIDENT OF THE FRENCH BISHOPS’ CONFERENCE “Only a part of the cultural … Read More
WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Epiphany: YOU, weary foot soldier of the Church Militant
This Collect sometimes winds up at the end of the liturgical year, depending on when Easter, and therefore Pentecost, falls. This year, because Easter is a little later, we have it before Septuagesima (next week… already). COLLECT (1962MR): Deus, qui … Read More
Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 4th Sunday after Epiphany (N.O.: 4th Ord) 2023
Too many people today are without good, strong preaching, to the detriment of all. Share the good stuff. It is the 4th Sunday of Ordinary Time in the Novus Ordo and the 4th Sunday after Epiphany in the Vetus Ordo. … Read More
Daily Rome Shot 648 and another “Emeritus”
Photo by The Great Roman™ Meanwhile,… black to move and mate. NB: I’ll hold comments with solutions ’till the next day so there won’t be “spoilers” for others. Meanwhile,… another Emeritus! It’s the last Round of Tata Steel and a … Read More
The Exorcist Files. Podcasts about real cases.
A good friend of mine, Fr. Carlos Martins, has two main ministries. Firstly, he travels around the country with a magnificent presentation with and about relics. More about this can be found at Treasures of the Church. Fr. Martins has … Read More
Daily Rome Shot 647
Meanwhile,… Black to move. Good luck! NB: I’ll hold comments with solutions ’till the next day so there won’t be “spoilers” for others. Interested in learning? Try THIS. Your use of my Amazon affiliate link is a major part of … Read More
Benedict XVI said that he abdicated because of insomnia
From personal experience, I can confirm that insomnia is a terrible affliction. ANSA: The insomnia suffered by Pope Benedict XVI was the “central reason” for his resignation in 2013: he revealed it himself in a letter sent a few weeks … Read More
Fr Z’s Kitchen: Hardwear and soft-fare.
This was the situation in the oven. I was making supper for my mother, smelled the wrong kind of smoke, looked in the oven. The heating element was on fire. I TURNED OFF THE POWER AT THE BREAKER BOX. I … Read More
Daily Rome Shot 646 with Friday appropriate fare
Minestra de Broccoli Romaneschi ed Arzilla with a glass of Malvasia puntinata. Photo by The Great Roman™ Broccoli Romaneschi, by the way, are an entirely different critter from regular Broccoli. Meanwhile… NB: I’ll hold comments with solutions ’till the next … Read More
Responses to Card. McElroy’s essay in Jesuit-run Amerika
Jesuit-run (who else?) Amerika ran a piece by – and this still has me shaking my head – Card. McElroy of that key See of San Diego, suffragan to Los Angeles. The Amerika piece is a dreadful obfuscation of Catholic moral teaching and … Read More
Daily Rome Shot 645 and an Action Item!
Photo by The Great Roman™ Welcome registrants: jerryforZ Christine Rose Meanwhile, NB: I’ll hold comments with solutions ’till the next day so there won’t be “spoilers” for others. Interested in learning? Try THIS. Meanwhile, at Tata Steel, Magnus Carlsen has … Read More
ASK FATHER: How do you argue with extreme fringe trads that the Novus Ordo is valid?
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I am asking advice that you’d think you’d never be asked to do – how to defend the Novus Ordo. No, I don’t mean to defend it as being superior to the TLM – trust me, … Read More
Daily Rome Shot 645 – Obsculta, O fili, praecepta magistri!
Photo by The Great Roman™ Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance. US HERE – UK HERE These links take you to a generic “catholic” search in Amazon, but, once in and browsing or searching, Amazon remembers that you used my … Read More
Daily Rome Shot 644 with overload
Photo by The Great Roman™ Meanwhile, Black to move and win material. NB: I’ll hold comments with solutions ’till the next day so there won’t be “spoilers” for others. Priestly chess players, drop me a line. HERE Please remember me … Read More