SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
“I’m Fr. Z and I warmly endorse this message!”
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
I am delighted to have been approved as an affiliate of Chess.com and House of Staunton.
Use FATHERZ10 at checkout for 10% off
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- JonPatrick on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent: “The only thing that seems unrealistic in this story is the idea that the Vatican would actually investigate an order…”
- Ms. M-S on LENTCAzT 2023 – 36: Wednesday Passiontide – There are only two camps: “Father Z., thanks again and again for all these very helpful podcasts!”
- hwriggles4 on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “Father made some good points at Sunday evening Mass at 1700 hours. One was about making time for prayer and…”
- hwriggles4 on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent: “Bishop McButterpants would have a heart attack if he visited the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist in Michigan.”
- Neal on Daily Rome Shot 703: “1. Nf5+ If 1. …gxf5 2. Qh5# If 1. …Kh7 2. Qg7#”
- V_Podsnap on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent: “These must be the sisters who refer to themselves as nunny bunnies.”
- BeatifyStickler on FOR SALE: “TWF. Going to have to disagree. The diocese of Vancouver is on the verge of financial collapse. Some reverent Masses…”
- Andrew on Zoink!: “Augustine described the Cross as the trap for the Devil. … St. Jerome likewise in dramatic terms: “Ero mors tua,…”
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf on Daily Rome Shot 701: “My take. White to move 1. Re8+ if 1. … Rxe8 2. b3+ and black’s queen is lost if 1.…”
- redneckpride4ever on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent: “Ecological center? Given the age of these nuns, along with the hugs, smiles and Buddhist speaker… I suspect one of…”
- Liz on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “It made me cry, the sermon on Sunday. Partly, that was because it was my newly ordained, transitional deacon son…”
- giveglory on From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent: “Really love following the adventures of Bishop McButterpants. Thank you so much for sharing!”
- Julia_Augusta on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “Santissima Trinita dei Pellegrini was packed for Passion Sunday. I arrived 15 min before Mass and barely found a seat.…”
- Synonymous_Howard on Daily Rome Shot 703: “1. Nf5+ If 1. … gxf5, 2. Qh5# If 1. … Kh7, 2. Qxg7#”
- WanderingConvert on Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images: “Father encouraged everyone to go to Confession. Good turnout, too. NO mass. Some of the statues were too high too…”
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. ZFr John Zuhlsdorf
Tridentine Mass Society of Madison
733 Struck St.
PO BOX 44603
Madison, WI 53744-4603
For email HERE
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Missae pro Missa Update: News release for traditional Catholic media
- Daily Rome Shot 704
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 36: Wednesday Passiontide – There are only two camps
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-28 – A trip to the convent
- Daily Rome Shot 703
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 35: Tuesday Passiontide – When the hour comes
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 1st Passion Sunday (5th Lent) 2023 and a POLL about veiled images
- Daily Rome Shot 702
- FOR SALE
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 34: Monday Passiontide – Repent and live!
- POLL: Covering images for Passiontide, 5th Sunday of Lent – 2023
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Lent: Liturgical death throes
- Daily Rome Shot 701
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 33: 1st Passion Sunday – Passiontide begins
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 32: Saturday 4th Week – Annunciation
- MUST READ! Why do heretics remain in the Church instead of just being honest and getting out?
- Daily Rome Shot 700
- “Only what is true can ultimately be pastoral”.
- 24 March – Feast of St. Gabriel, Archangel – images
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-24 – Priests retirement home
- Daily Rome Shot 699
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 31: Friday 4th Week – Dead but rising
- Daily Rome Shot 698
- Pig hearts over altars in Austria, pagan Mayan Mass rite in Mexico, but people who want the Traditional Latin Mass must be ghettoized and railroaded to oblivion.
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 30: Thursday 4th Week – Eternal death and YOU – CORRECTED
- LENTCAzT 2023 – 29: The Ancient Mid-Point
- Daily Rome Shot 697
- VIDEO: Glimpses of Forty Hours
- From “The Private Diary of Bishop F. Atticus McButterpants” – 23-03-21 – Troubled seminarian
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Tag Archives: Challenge Coins
A few interesting stories… First, call about a long distance call. HERE In 1977 Voyager 1 was sent to the outer edge of the solar system. In November, NASA wanted try to extend the probe’s life by doing a course … Read More
Challenge coin news and questions
I was lately the delighted recipient of a couple of challenge coins commemorating Fr. Emil Kapaun, chaplain, recipient of the Medal of Honor. His remains were recently identified. HERE I thought some of you would like to see these. HOWEVER… … Read More
Outstanding challenge coins
A question at large to the readership with whom I may have had correspondence about my 25th anniversary challenge coin. Do I have any outstanding – that is unfulfilled – exchanges with any of you? If we had an exchange … Read More
Comments Off on Outstanding challenge coins
ASK FATHER: Religious challenge coins as sacramentals
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Can a religious challenge coin (such as the St. Joseph Strong coin) be a sacramental? Whether or not it is or is not a sacramental, can you get a challenge coin blessed? There is no reason … Read More
Newly Received! Challenge Coin – Coloring Books – Bibles – 2020 Ordo
You might remember that I have challenge coins and that I like to exchange. I received a new coin from someone who sent the 2018 version last year. They look great! Thanks. I received two copies of a newly printed … Read More
UPDATES: Black vestments, Gitmo, challenge coins, and some food
I thought I’d give you updates on a few things. First, regarding the Black Vestments project the mighty TMSM is pushing forward. I had shown ya’ll a photo of the fabric for the set, though it had gold writing, instead … Read More
Really Bad Idea: sand in holy water fonts during Lent
I was made aware of this by a reader. I happily endorse one idea one priest had while I entirely repudiate a bad old cliché from another. Castleton symbol of Lent: sand in holy water fonts Alas, the silly season … Read More
Challenge Coin Update – Catholic War Veterans – #VeteransDay
You may recall that I had challenge coins made. I’ve been giving and exchanging here and there, as well as receiving from kind readers. One just came in from an interesting organization: Catholic War Veterans. Appropriate. I was unaware of … Read More
CHALLENGE COIN UPDATE! NRA surprise.
On the topic of Challenge Coins, I received a text from an NYPD cop who will be at tonight’s game between the noble small-market, well-deserving Twins and the arrogant, effete, big-market hated Yankees. He is, woe betide, unrepenting in his support … Read More
Challenge Coin Update
I have received several emails from priests who have upcoming Jubilees as well as from men who will soon be ordained. They, too, want to have challenge coins made as I did for my 25th. They wanted to know where/how I … Read More
Wherein Fr. Z meets Tracer Bullet, Private Eye
I’ve been busy with the Challenge Coin project. More have gone out to friends and donors, two yesterday, a couple more today. It’s been awhile since we heard about the doings of Tracer Bullet, Private Eye. I think the last update … Read More
Updates on Challenge Coins, Gregorian Masses, Birettas, blog nuts and bolts
Firstly, I am having a great time with my Challenge Coins. I’ve been sending them out to a select group of military, LEOs, and others, including NASA and CIA types. I’m getting notes back that they’ve been received. I have … Read More
Comments Off on Updates on Challenge Coins, Gregorian Masses, Birettas, blog nuts and bolts
UPDATE: Challenge Coin – THEY’RE HERE!
UPDATED BELOW: Originally Published on: Apr 7, 2017 I had mentioned a while back that I resolved to have a challenge coin made. I figured I’d start with one for my 25th anniversary. This is what we have come up with … Read More
Reader Feedback, Biretta Project Update, A Note to Cops, Challenge Coins
Some reader feedback. First, I received a great note from a seminarian who benefit from the generosity of one of you readers out there. For more on the BIRETTA PROJECT go HERE Next, a snail mail card from a fellow … Read More