I always look at The Catholic Herald, the UK’s best Catholic weekly. As a matter of of fact, I not only look at it, I now write for it too! That’s new since last I told you about the discount on the digital version.
The Catholic Herald has a digital web-edition, the whole print edition available online. You see the paper as it appears in the printed version. That means you can also get the content they don’t put on their website.
Moreover, you don’t have to wait for it in the mail.
Furthermore, they send you an email when each new edition is ready.
In addition, there is an iPhone/iPad app for it!
They have a special discount going right now for the online, web-edition. Instead of the usual £38 it is £10 … a “tenner” (approx. $16.24 as I write). This is valid until March 30, 2011.Then it goes up to £12. Still, good, but not as good.
Direct link to Catholic Herald Digital (the e-paper)
Here is what you do:
- Add to basket
- Enter CHPROMO in to the ‘promotional field’
- Press ‘Go’
- Shopping cart calculates and shows the discount from £38 to £10
- ‘Proceed to Checkout’
- User gets username and password by email.
ADVANTAGES FOR YOU.
- The online version is posted up on a Friday – around lunchtime (in England, of course) – in line with the publishing date
- Multi-user licensing is available eg. a theological college that will have several concurrent users (they need to contact the Catholic Herald by email)
- Access to all the way back to 2003 archives
- Quick word searching throughout the archives
- Cut and paste feature
- Auto screen width feature on the control panel
- Quick email and web links from the paper
Good combination, no?
Another advantage: You have every edition of the Catholic Herald archived online: less clutter!
England is a few years ahead of the US in the culture wars. Catholics there have a tougher row to hoe in the public square… or should I say ‘common’? Americans can get some insights into what is around the corner.
Support a good Catholic weekly and get a great publication.