When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- jmoran said To other saints, our Lord seems to have given grac...
- mysticalrose said “Dear Lord, if this is how You treat Your fr...
- mlmc said nowhere in the article does it state the reason fo...
- oldconvert said St Teresa has always reminded me of certain Ward S...
- PMK said How timely this post is for me. My sister, a pract...
- frjim4321 said I don’t believe in being more Catholic than...
- LOTH said I’m wondering about the sounds. Wish I knew...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said I turned the comments off for this one, lest anyon...
- robtbrown said Thanks to Cardinal Koch and in honor of Cardinal M...
- Rachel K said Errrm …… Riiiight……..ok, s...
- Priam1184 said I am also a fan of the archaic. And I like bringi...
- robtbrown said I always use “Spirit”, if for no other...
- SKAY said Yes – 46% No-54% “Slaughterhouses don...
- SanSan said No is ahead! Wonder if our voices will every be h...
- kat said Our priest and congregation use the Liguorian meth...
- Faith said IOW tweet, text, FB, MORE!
- BillG said I tend to agree with Boniface. Ghost / Spirit is...
- Gaz said My old Parish Priest once said to me (regarding Pr...
- kat said My parents, being among those who fought against t...
- Subdeacon Joseph K. said I love the word “ghost.” After all, i...
- AlexanderAerarius said “Holy Ghost” sounds Protestant to me....
- Mariana2 said Gand alf = light elf, elf of light. The Holy Ghost...
- pannw said I just voted. It now stands: Yes: 47% No: 53% Tot...
- Nicholas said If the baby boy grows up to be a man in a good Car...
- Augustine Thompson O.P. said Suburbanbanshee, Yes, in the “pievi” (...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Deacon Augustine did well to mention “pre-10...
- FrDulli said So that’s only 98 Greek characters. Would h...
- jameeka said Interesting comments by Pius Parsch. Hmm.
- thymos said St. Thomas refers to the action of spiration in ht...
- WmHesch said It’s unfortunate the name of a Divine Person...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Happy Birthday St. Teresa of Avila!
- LENTCAzT 39: Saturday of the 5th Week of Lent
- WDTPRS: Palm Sunday – The Transforming Example
- An especially virulent case of Burke Derangement Syndrome™
- ASK FATHER: Could a Bishop be consecrated with the “Usus Antiquior”?
- From a Father of the Church to everyone who texts and tweets
- ACTION ITEM! POLL ALERT! Wisconsin Judge strikes down law requiring abortion docs to have hospital privileges
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- Monthly donations: a request
- ASK FATHER: Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit?
- ASK FATHER: Delaying baptism until after Lent
- ASK FATHER: Do vestments really matter?!?
- LENTCAzT 38: Friday of the 5th Week of Lent – Our Lady of Sorrows
- ASK FATHER: Can a Bishop be a Deacon for a Priest in a Solemn Mass?
- Another Cardinal stands up to Card. Marx and German bishops:
- The silly season is still in full swing!
- Wherein Fr. Z muses on a growing trend
- “Blessed are they who persecute the righteous, for they shall be called the children of God.”
- Card. Müller: Delegate doctrinal decisions to regional conferences? “absolutely anti-Catholic”!
- Card. Nichols reacts to the 500 Priests
- 25 March – D. Madison – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- LENTCAzT 37: Thursday of the 5th Week of Lent
- 1st Joyful Mystery: The Annunciation
- Of the Premonstratensian Rite and Confessions
- WDTPRS: Annunciation – Lady Day
- 25 March: St. Dismas – The Good Thief
- LENTCAzT 36: Wednesday of the 5th Week of Lent
- Card. Cordes tackles hard the German Bishops Conference
- Brick by Brick in Greenville
- New interview with Card. Burke
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: Dogs and Fleas
Former SSPX Bp. Williamson consecrated another bishop. They both have incurred the late sententiae excommunication foreseen in Canon Law.
The SSPX issued an official statement HERE:
On March 19, 2015, Bishop Richard Williamson performed the episcopal consecration of Fr. Jean-Michel Faure at … Continue reading
I saw at CWR that former SSPX Bp. Richard Williamson intends soon in Brazil to consecrate at least one priest as a bishop.
He will immediately incur, again, the excommunication which he had incurred at the time of his own illicit … Continue reading
UPDATE BELOW (Fishwrap closed it’s comments.)
___ Original Published on: Nov 9, 2014 ___
If ever you needed proof of what an evil site and occasion of sin the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) has become, just have a look at the combox under … Continue reading
I was recently sent a link to a page about the Nuns on the Bus tour taking place. This is effort run by Sr. Simone Campbell of the lobby group NETWORK to sign up as many people who will vote … Continue reading
Even though the culture wars are over and a new morning has dawned, I want you all to click HERE and read carefully a piece at the National Catholic Register by Anne Carey about the “Nuns on the Bus”.
The Nuns … Continue reading
I find myself in complete agreement with Phyllis Zagano.
[Those sounds you are hearing are jaws hitting desks, mugs of Mystic Monk coffee dropping to the floor with a crash and splash, astonished readers sliding off chairs in a swoon.]
Yes, you … Continue reading
One of our frequent commentators here sent me this (appetite spoiling) photo with this:
The Right Stuff? (Remember the scene with the 7 astronauts in space suits?
Get a load of these photos of “clergy” arriving for vote on wymen bishops:
From the … Continue reading
One of the dumbest things I’ve read for a while: Kelly Kultala, pro-abortion Dem candidate in Kansas
First, there is no such thing as a pro-choice Catholic.
Catholics are not free to choose what they are going to believe and what they are going to reject when the teachings are defined by the Church.
The much-vaunted Second Vatican Council … Continue reading
Via Todd Starnes:
Medical staff warned: Keep your mouths shut about illegal immigrants or face arrest
A government-contracted security force threatened to arrest doctors and nurses if they divulged any information about the contagion threat at a refugee camp housing illegal alien … Continue reading
Earlier today I saw a Tweet from Sr. Simone Campbell’s group NETWORK, the Nuns On The Bus crowd, along with the LCWR types… the Magisterium of Nuns, who place themselves over and against the teaching office of Bishops.
Are Sr. Simone … Continue reading