- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Jim of Bowie said Listening today through the plug in on this post,...
- Andreas said I fear that a great deal of television broadcastin...
- Facta Non Verba said I listened through the plug in on this post. It i...
- Mariana2 said Chiming in…. Thanks, Father!
- Mariana2 said Listening on the blog. Thanks, Father!
- bernadettem said It is a general tradition in all Ordinariate/Angli...
- teomatteo said Father Z. Do you have/used a handheld ‘stick...
- Priam1184 said Just to clarify: the qualities I listed above are...
- Priam1184 said Yup all women turned into sl… and men transf...
- MikeM said I think that some of you might be missing what the...
- Dienekes said I spent a year over in Southeast Asia in 66-67. In...
- Siculum said Got it! Good morning one and all! Blessed Feast...
- Siculum said I love this blog, and most of the commenters are j...
- Siculum said The stat counter seems to have been working for th...
- smittyjr63 said TV annoys me, period. I avoid it at all costs. So...
- Joe of St Thérèse said This constant lauding by the world is nauseating…L...
- HighMass said If being Person of the Year is about the impact th...
- Nan said Oh, and Father? You could always work on your Roma...
- anna 6 said And have you noticed that it isn’t even R...
- Hans said The mute button is proof that God loves us and wan...
- Suburbanbanshee said There are quite a few other references to derramad...
- Nan said I don’t own a tv and rarely stream anything...
- Suburbanbanshee said The official English translation says, “for...
- StJude said The K-Mart gif one.. seriously.. ugh.. awful. I ba...
- Suburbanbanshee said 75 — “…. because Jesus wants to...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Sarochka, Looking (as a convienent starting point)...
- mburduck said I should have stated “unless he repents,R...
- Poustinik1 said yum. Okay if you are in a hurry here is a never f...
- mburduck said Hmmm, hmmm! Save a bowl for me, Father. I’ll...
- Venerator Sti Lot said I am reminded of Avvakum Petrovitch (1620-82) who...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ADVENTCAzT 12: 2nd Thursday of Advent – “The ‘type’ of the manly vocation”
- Seriously annoying
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Lentil Soup 1
- TIME and Pope Francis – POY
- QUAERITUR: Geneflecting for Communion in 3rd trimester
- QUAERITUR: Genuflections during the Novus Ordo Creed
- ADVENTCAzT 11: 2nd Wednesday of Advent – “Stir up our hearts, O Lord”
- Michael Coren on Popes who condemn “unfettered” capitalism
- A prayer for vocations
- Of GI bones and Combat Rosaries and a 90 year burial delayed
- GUN FREE ZONES! Funny.
- US 20 year high for vocations to priesthood
- Pope Francis v. world hunger
- Bp. Tobin on Nelson Mandela’s “shameful promotion of abortion”
- ADVENTCAzT 10: 2nd Tuesday of Advent – “better a lowly peasant than a proud philosopher”
- 1-day deal to get a Kindle 20% off
- An observation for Mr. Novak on Pope Francis and “trickle-down” in EG 54
- Effects of the “AFFORDABLE” Care Act
- BLECH! *splik* BLECH! GAK!
- ADVENTCAzT 09: 2nd Monday of Advent – “Indispensable reasons of the heart”
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Category Archives: Dogs and Fleas
“The culture war is real….”
A tip of the biretta to my friend Fr. Finigan.
I was moved by this video of young men protecting the Cathedral of San Juan in Argentina. Pro-abortionists provoke them with various insults and physical assaults, including … Continue reading
There is a controversial paragraph in Evangelii gaudium in which the Pope seems to be attacking “trickle-down” economics.
54. In this context, some people continue to defend trickle-down theories which assume that economic growth, encouraged by a free market, will inevitably … Continue reading
He sure can pick ‘em.
Gay teen activist honored by Obama charged with sex crimes against a 14-yr-old boy
PHOENIX, November 20, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – An openly homosexual teenager, who was given a position as an “adviser” to Phoenix Mayor Greg … Continue reading
I posted HERE about the whereabouts of Sr. Simone Campbell, who helped the Obama Regime pass the so-called AFFORDABLE Care Act.
Millions of people are losing the insurance because of Obama and … well… her! Since she is so concerned that … Continue reading
Melbourne Archbishop Denis Hart stands by confessional despite abuse recommendationsThe Catholic Archbishop of Melbourne has stood by the church’s stance [good grief] on keeping information on abuse gained through the confessional secret, despite a Victorian Parliamentary inquiry recommending withholding information … Continue reading
There has been a lot of talk about Common Core.
The Cardinal Newman Society has an interesting piece about this.
EXCLUSIVE: National Catholic Education Association Gets Gates Foundation Grant to Promote ‘Common Core’ in Catholic Schools
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation paid … Continue reading
This was a Swiss/German liturgical production from 2012. The video was just brought to my attention.
The worst liturgical sacrileges I have seen in recent times are perpetrated by German speakers.
If they puff up in high dudgeon about renovating bishops’ residences, … Continue reading
At the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) there is a mean-spirited and wrong-headed opinion piece by someone who is described as “an arborist and a member of the Ithaca, N.Y., Catholic Worker community”. In this piece he says that the … Continue reading
I saw this at CWN:
Curial official: over 3,000 religious leave consecrated life each year [Makes you wonder how many enter religious life. I'll bet not 3k!]
The secretary of the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life … Continue reading
I am sure that readers of the Fishwrap will leap to denounce the tactics employed by protesters such as those in Wisconsin (HERE) and also, once again, in Brussels.
They should denounce their tactics, but I doubt they will.
Once again, in Brussels, Archbishop Joseph … Continue reading