SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Music from the FSSP Seminarians in Bavaria
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
Donate using VENMO
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- Collegium Sanctorum Angelorum – 4-year traditional college – seeking help. Do you know about it? If not, click and look!
- ADVENTCAzT 2021: 11 – Wednesday 2nd Week of Advent – Immaculate Conception
- Daily Rome Shot 353
- ADVENTCAzT 2021: 10 – Tuesday 2nd Week of Advent – “Derepénte púero Ambrósium epíscopum exclamánte, univérsi pópuli vox erúpit.”
- News from Guadalajara and what Cardinal Robles has done about the traditional parish
- ADVENTCAzT 2021: 09 – Monday 2nd Week of Advent – The Devil really, really resents being whupped by a woman.
- 6 December – St. Nicholas – varia
- Daily Rome Shot 352
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 2nd Sunday of Advent
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 5 December ’21
- Daily Rome Shot 351
- ADVENTCAzT 2021: 08 – 2nd Sunday of Advent – God comes to you more than you go to Him.
- Daily Rome Shot 350 (Bonus)
- Send Fr. Z your snail-mail 2021 CHRISTMAS CARDS! – UPDATE
- ADVENTCAzT 2021: 07 – Saturday in the 1st Week of Advent – Sin got you down?
- St. Teresa of Avila, Chess, and You
- Daily Rome Shot 349 (Bonus)
- ADVENTCAzT 2021: 06 – Friday in the 1st Week of Advent – About those gates of Hell…
- ACTION ITEM! Prayers for a good next Archbishop of Paris
- ADVENTCAzT 2021: 05 – Thursday in the 1st Week of Advent – Being the boss
- Daily Rome Shot 348 (Bonus)
- Today’s day thought experiment: The Oregon Trail
- Daily Rome Shot 347
- ADVENTCAzT 2021: 04 – Wednesday in the 1st Week of Advent – 2 Peter 3:10 and YOU
- Daily Rome Shot 346
- ADVENTCAzT 2021 – 03: St. Andrew, Apostle
- Daily Rome Shot 345
- ADVENTCAzT 2021 – 02: It’s not that we have to repeat things, we get to repeat them! – FIXED!
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 28 November ’21
- Daily Rome Shot 344
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 15 September 2010
The Guardian – in a spirit of helpfulness no doubt – printed a letter against the Pope and his state visit signed by some British notables. Well… they are a bit more notable now. Most of them weren’t known by … Read More
The Holy Father recently addressed newly named and consecrated bishops during a workshop organized for them each year in Rome by the Congregation for Bishops. The Holy Father had some good insights for these new bishops about what it means … Read More
It has been a while since I have posted any shots from the feeder. A whole bunch o’ Blue Jays. There were a couple more as well. This Nutchatch likes safflower. I was surprised today to spot a Rose-breasted Grosbeak. … Read More
From a reader: EWTN is reporting that a priest at St. Louis parish in Austin is allowing a Jewish group to use his parish for Jewish holy day celebrations. There is a picture at the EWTN article here: The altar … Read More
From the Catholic League: NOTED BRITS LECTURE POPE More than 50 British notables have signed a letter in the Guardian newspaper criticizing the visit to the U.K. by Pope Benedict XVI. Responding is Catholic League president Bill Donohue: The pope … Read More
From a priest reader: I’ve been a priest for ten years, and the celebration of the Holy Mass is still the high point of my day. I’ve always been scrupulous about cleansing the sacred vessels after Holy Communion and the … Read More