About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your use of my Amazon link is a major part of my income. It helps to pay for insurance, groceries, everything. Please remember me when shopping online. Thanks in advance.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans
Do you want to show some appreciation?
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- hilltop: Barron Von Stueben’s statue is perhaps the very best statue in Washington , a city filled with sculpture. Julia’s kitchen is one of the best places in America in any given era. “Unite the...
- Kukla65th: The one downtown is St Mary Mother of God. That’s where the Nellie Gray Mass takes place after the march each year. But they have the TLM every Sunday and other days all year. There are...
- omgriley: I’m visiting in March. Do you know of any church that celebrates the TLM in the area?
- Charles E Flynn: You can download pdf files of Design Quarterly 104 “Julia’s Kitchen” and the large poster of the kitchen at A Timeline of Design History (near the bottom of the page). DQ 104 was...
- Kathleen10: How delightful it is that President Trump will be the first president ever to speak at the March for Life. My heart is full of gratitude for him, for such a man to be our president. His...
- tho: Father, comparing the Democratic harangue to “an incessant leaf blowerR 21; made my day.
- sciencemom: Are you familiar with https://ww w.ecatholi c.com/ ? That may not be quite what you are looking for though.
- Kent Wendler: Maximilian 75: Amendment 13: Section 1 Neither slavery nor involuntar y servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist...
- teomatteo: Markus, yes. Why someone, who publicly calls themselves ‘dev out catholic 8217;, would purposely not attend an event in Washington that simple says, ‘val ue human life, at...
- Markus: Mamajen, Interestin g, the first President to do so. Makes one wonder about the so called “cat holic̶ 1; politician s in DC that will not be there.
- Semper Gumby: Vox Laudis: You bet, a hearty salute to the M1 tank and tankers. veritas vincit: Well said, fully agree. The First Amendment also contains the Establishm ent and Free Exercise claus...
- robtbrown: In the stats provided by Latinmassd ir.org it is no surprise that the US, France, and GB are leading the way. On the other hand, it is a bit surprising , and more than a bit disappo...
- PostCatholic: A seminary rector I had in college had a chalice carved from some rare and sacred African wood, then fitted with a gold bowl, the rim of which overlapped the outside for about half an...
- bcstudent: You’d be surprised! We have a weekly TLM at Jesuit-run Boston College.
- PostCatholic: Welcome to our swamp!
- JumpJet: What possible charge could he have been arrested for?
- JumpJet: I applaud the organizati on of this, but it reminded me of my youth and the sandlot ball game selection process. All the “coo l kids” ; were chosen while the rest of us either...
- RosaryRose: The Masked Chicken – exactly! Chant Girl – yes! When Catholics start treating the Holy Eucharist for the Truth It is, Body, Blood, Soul & Divinity of Christ, PRESENT...
- veritas vincit: With all due respect to the Second Amendment, my favorite sounds of freedom have more to do with the First Amendment. And that most especially includes “he right of the people...
- Mary-Kathleen: From the Liturgy Guy, February 2019: “Tra ditional Latin Mass National SurveyR 21; presented by by Fr. Donald Kloster https://li turgyguy.c om/?s=lati n+mass+sta tistics...
- Vox Laudis: @Semper Gumby re the sound of freedom …or the sound and sight of M1A1 Abrams tanks drilling in some wilderness reputedly near Ft. Hood, Texas.
- Maximilian75: The thing is, if the personhood of the unborn were recognized , (which it isn’t yet and arguably is the lynchpin of the pro-life cause), your argument wouldn’t even be nessec...
- mamajen: Just read that POTUS will address the March in person. Amazing! I had a feeling. God bless him.
- cwood: I will be down there as well coming from CT. I hope to run into you at the March on Friday! Would mean a great deal to have the opportunit y to say hello. You have saved my faith!
- Leo D. Lion: And when they shall bring you into the synagogues , and to magistrate s and powers, be not solicitous how or what you shall answer, or what you shall say; For the Holy Ghost shall...
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Washington DC DAY 1: Goofing around, a kitchen and a quote
- My View For Awhile: To Washington DC, NON-Impeachment Edition
- A site with statistics for the growth and availability of the Traditional Latin Mass?
- 21 January St. Agnes: “Intercede and beg a return of orthodoxy, sanity and sanctity to the Roman Church!”
- OLDIE PODCAzT 127: The Eve of St. Agnes and a Bleak Midwinter
- A diocese smells the coffee: starts planning for decline of the Novus Ordo and growth of the TLM
- ASK FATHER: Glass chalices…. again?
- A few things of interest: TLM pilgrimage opp, new book, against pendulums, and Warhol the hack
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – 2nd Sunday – 2020
- Wherein Fr. Z is moved to pray to martyred nuns, newly discovered, about something that happened today. – UPDATED
- A note of thanks. Mass for Benefactors.
- Remember #UniteTheClans ? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- URGENT PRAYER REQUEST for a young priest diagnosed with ALS – #padresfight
- WDTPRS – 2nd Ordinary (NO) & 2nd Sunday after Epiphany (TLM): God knows our needs better than we do.
- Card. Sarah has met with Benedict XVI as the haters stir “incessant, nauseating, dishonest controversy” #BOOKGATE
- UPDATE! ASK FATHER: Use of a Catholic church for the “ordination” of woman Episcopalian “bishop”
- ASK FATHER: I discovered that the hosts used are from flour of a variety of grains. What to do?
- “Let the Jesuits come to me. With hands in the air and without algorithms.” Fr. Z says: Let the Jesuits GO TO CHINA.
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio Thursday – ZedNet reminder and a throat tightener
- Some stuff from my mail
- My View For Awhile: north
- More about #BOOKGATE and a Litany Against Modernists
- UPDATE – HILARITY ENSUES- Lib reactions to the new book from Card. Sarah and Benedict XVI
- To save the world, we have to save the liturgy. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Summary of FACTS about the controversial new book by BOTH Card. Sarah and Benedict XVI
- 14 January – Festum Asinorum #FeastoftheAss Day! (No, it’s not a special Jesuit holiday.)
- Letter from Card. Sarah in which he forgives his persecutors
- “With all the priests, we pray: Save us, Lord, we perish!” A snippet from the new Benedict/Sarah book
- FIRST REMARKS about the new book by Card. Sarah and Benedict XVI
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Holy Family/Baptism – 2020 – Fr. Z rants about word accents and microphones
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Daily Archives: 24 May 2012
On the site of The Guardian there is a ridiculous piece the clueless Victoria Bekiempis about the CDF’s reforming efforts regarding the Leadership Conference of Women’s Religious (LCWR – a subsidiary of the Magisterium of Nuns, indeed, the Nuns gone WILD!). … Continue reading
From Catholic World News: Chaplain barred from celebrating Mass in South Carolina jail A Catholic chaplain has been told that he cannot celebrate Mass in a South Carolina jail. Msgr. Ed Lofton, who had been celebrating Mass at Charleston County … Continue reading
The excellent Becket Fund for Religious Liberty has a great timeline on their site about the HHS mandate, along with a detailed list of plaintiffs against the Obama Administration. HHS Mandate Timeline: August, 2011, Federal government issues a regulation requiring that … Continue reading
Have you read Dinesh D’Souza’s The Roots of Obama’s Rage? (UK HERE and KINDLE) There is a film based on the book coming, 2016, a projection of America after four more years of an Obama presidency. He is finally being … Continue reading
I saw this on the blog Catholic Church Conservation: Yes, this is an exageration, but there is a grain of truth in it, no? A while back I read a comment that if some members of the SSPX have turned … Continue reading
I received a note from my friend Fr. Trigilio about the upcoming annual meeting of the Confraternity of Catholic Clergy: WHEN: JULY 31 – AUGUST 3 WHERE: Cardinal Stritch Retreat House in Mundelein, IL WHO: All Catholic priests, deacons and … Continue reading
I reposted posted the Daily Offering to the Immaculate Heart of Mary as a page HERE. I would be pleased if you went there every day and also used the sharing buttons on that page every day. Ask our Blessed … Continue reading
From news.va: Day of Prayer for the Church in China Thursday, May 24th is a day dedicated in a special way to the liturgical memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Help of Christians, venerated with great devotion at the Shrine … Continue reading
I wanted to add a follow up to this: MINNESOTA READERS – WDTPRS POLL For November 2012 there is on the ballot in Minnesota an amendment to the state constitution which would define marriage as being between one man and one … Continue reading
First, many thanks to those of you who are sending greetings for my anniversary of ordination (26 May 1991). Your prayers and sentiments are appreciated. Here are links to some recent posts, which scroll off pretty quickly. Benedict XVI: “So … Continue reading
The Italian Bishops Conference (CEI) has been meeting in a plenary session these days. The Holy Father addressed them about the harsh reality we face as countries which were at least Christian but are now losing their identity. In Italy, … Continue reading