SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
Your support is important. Thanks in advance.
To donate monthly via Continue To Give use your phone's camera to activate the Q code or text 4827563 to 715-803-4772 (US) for a link.
For Zelle and Chase, etc., use
frz AT wdtprs DOT com.
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- ADVENTCAzT 2022: 07 – Saturday 1st Week Advent: Dissipated souls
- NOVENA for the Immaculate Conception (8 Dec): Day 4
- ADVENTCAzT 2022: 06 – Friday 1st Week of Advent: Pure of Heart
- An answer that left a newsie speechless!
- Daily Rome Shot 595, etc.
- NOVENA for the Immaculate Conception (8 Dec): Day 3
- ADVENCAzT 2022: 05 – Thursday 1st Week of Advent: Darling plant
- CRISIS: A Unified Theory of “Backwardism” – Go read it NOW.
- Daily Rome Shot 594, etc.
- NOVENA for the Immaculate Conception (8 Dec): Day 2
- Swiss Bishop abolishes office of diocesan exorcist. What could go wrong?
- ADVENCAzT 2022: 04 – Wednesday 1st Week of Advent: Wanton women
- NOVENA for the Immaculate Conception (8 Dec): Day 1
- Daily Rome Shot 594, etc.
- ADVENTCAzT 2022: 03 – Tuesday 1st Week of Advent: “Choose life!”
- The Federalist’s reaction to the “Hell’s Bible” hit piece against TLM-going Catholics
- Daily Rome Shot 593, etc. video and a BOOK suggestion
- ADVENCAzT 2022: 02 – Monday 1st Week of Advent: “Wake up!”
- Daily Rome Shot 592, etc. with a recommendation or two
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes: 1st Sunday of Advent – 2022
- Send Fr. Z your snail-mail 2022 CHRISTMAS CARDS!
- ADVENTCAzT 2022: 01 – 1st Sunday of Advent: “Memento mori”
- Daily Rome Shot 591, etc.
- DIEBUS SALTEM DOMINICIS – 1st Sunday of Advent: The Drills of a Militant Church
- ADVENTCAzT 2022: 00 – Final Saturday before Advent: “Liturgy”
- Broken Wheels, Mystical Nuptials, Lunar Landscapes, and a Funny Nickname
- Daily Rome Shot 590, etc.
- CQ CQ CQ: Ham Radio – #ZedNet reminder – 27 November ’22 – 1st Sunday of Advent
- Daily Rome Shot 589, etc.
- ACTION ITEM! URGENT PRAYER SUGGESTION! Archbp. Carroll’s “Prayer for Government”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Monthly Archives: March 2016
When you see Spanish Moss, you know you aren’t in Wisconsin anymore. Having been scooped up at the airport, we drove even farther South until I was in one of the most dangerous places on your planet… where massive oil … Read More
Via the often amusing ignatius his conclave: Pedicure The following announcement recently appeared in L’Osservatore Romano: Radical changes are being made to the Rite of Pedilavium (Foot Washing). Previously the rite was celebrated with twelve men on Holy Thursday. The … Read More
As I drive across the state to another airport… a cheaper airport… I am listening to weather reports about possible tornados where I am going. Great. MKE is a strange airport. But this sign at TSA was fun. Nice club. … Read More
To decompress, I’ve been reading more 18th c. nautical fiction and some feudal Japanese murder mysteries. However, since the passing of Mother Angelica there is this. USA HERE – UK HERE – ITALY HERE
Here is a shot of one the intrepid staff at Gammarelli cutting fabric for the cope. This reminds me of the famous Moroni portrait of The Tailor which hangs in the National Gallery. It is an interesting painting, because Moroni … Read More
UPDATE: Now posted at ewtn.com: Mass of Christian Burial 4/1 12 PM ET Archbishop Charles J. Chaput presides over the Solemn Funeral Mass for EWTN Foundress, Mother Angelica, live from the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Hanceville, Al. … Read More
I am getting ready to vote (early) in the Wisconsin Primary.
CNA has this about reactions to Mother Angelica of the Annunciation’s death. Benedict XVI responds to Mother Angelica’s death Vatican City, Mar 28, 2016 / 02:54 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Benedict XVI had a special response to Mother Angelica’s death falling … Read More
It is Easter Monday. In Rome and all over Italy, everything is pretty much closed up for what they call “Pasquetta” (Little Easter) and also “Lunedì dell’Angelo” (Angel Monday), which calls to mind the exchange between the angel and the … Read More
UPDATE 28 March 2128 GMT: Bishop Hinder on Kidnapped Priest: ‘Strong Indications That Father Tom Is Still Alive’ UPDATE 28 March 2002h GMT: According to Kathnet, there may still be hope. Bischof: Verschleppter Priester im Jemen vermutlich am Leben While … Read More
UPDATE: For a schedule of the rites surrounding Mother Angelica’s funeral and interment: HERE ___ The amazing Mother Angelica has died. May she rest in peace. Mother was a titan. She did things that conferences of bishops failed to do, … Read More
We observed the Sacred Triduum: the priesthood was celebrated, the Eucharistic Christ was reposed and the altar stripped, the Passion was sung and the Cross was kissed. Our liturgical death was complete. Then in the evening, in some places even … Read More
God is great. Apropos my post about Lady Day and Good Friday falling together, which won’t happen again for over a hundred years. From CNS: Andria, Italy, Mar 25, 2016 / 06:38 pm (CNA).- A single thorn held to have … Read More
Today I muse about why catholic feminists (an oxymoron – emphasis on moron – I know, but bear with me) are not vexed by Pope Francis and his dramatically public choice to wash the feet of non-Christians. Think this through for … Read More
The Lamentations of Fr. Z include verses on the loss of the singing of Tenebrae, whole and entire in its proper language. The ordering of the psalms is not particularly profound, but the antiphons and responsories are simply incomparable in … Read More
Today, 25 March 2016, is simultaneously the Feast of the Annunciation and Good Friday. Liturgically we celebrate the Annunciation later. In ancient times there was a tradition that Christ died on the 8th day before the Kalends of April: 25 March. … Read More