Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- ocalatrad said These photos are magnificent and beautiful, and wh...
- RAve said Home-Schooled Teens Ripe for College – Myths...
- HeatherPA said I am honestly interested in knowing whether or not...
- YorkshireStudent said It being a Lenten Friday, talk of school dinners m...
- SaintJude6 said mburn16, I homeschool our children after having ex...
- semperficatholic said foot prints, not front prints.
- semperficatholic said Thanks for posting this. I sure miss the “Du...
- stjoe said Fr. Z, My ebook! stjoe...
- Venerator Sti Lot said “Vat spokesman denies anyone confiscated boo...
- La Sandia said I went to a public school and occasionally ate the...
- haskovez said This is a great story. I found it interesting as w...
- Pnkn said Hello Gerard – Competent parents don’t...
- ckdexterhaven said In my school in the 70’s, our lunch lady was...
- JuliB said I rarely send emails, but felt compelled to. I wr...
- Nicolas Bellord said To say that a Bishop gets to read every letter sen...
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent | Fr. Z's Blog said […] HERE […]
- Venerator Sti Lot said RJHighland writes, “Pope Francis crushed the...
- cyrillist said My overall take on Paglia: Very intelligent, very...
- Venerator Sti Lot said pannw, Signatories may, of course, experience diff...
- mburn16 said Not a fan of homeschooling. Sorry, but kids need e...
- Aquinas Gal said These cultural treasures can never be replaced. Th...
- Irradiated said It can also be used as a screensaver by following...
- ocalatrad said “Barbarians” is right. These people ma...
- dans0622 said We should compare past US school lunches to today&...
- Supertradmum said Having eaten many times in schools in France and E...
- YoungLatinMassGuy said If one wants to understand the darker side of huma...
- McCall1981 said https://mobile.twitter.com/CatholicNewsSvc/status/...
- ocalatrad said Welcome to the USSSA! I get indigestion just recal...
- KAS said Some of us actually avoid processed goods and eat...
- tominrichmond said ” brooding guilt and ranting fanaticism.R...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- What the Duke wanted for his daughter
- 3 March RELEASE – PRE-ORDER new music CD for Easter from Benedictines of Mary
- St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows: Patron of Handgunners
- How US school lunches now compare to other countries
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Look! DOWN from the sky!
- Camille Paglia interviewed. Great stuff on feminists, the Irish influence, more.
- 28 Feb Card. Dolan @ Holy Innocents – Manhattan – Mass for Fr. Groeschel & Book Club
- SYNODGATE: A canonist weighs in – Fr. Z gives advice
- SYNODGATE – Five Cardinals Book stolen from participants’ mailboxes at last year’s Synod on Family
- Pontifical Council for Culture… winning the minds and hearts of women everywhere!
- LENTCAzT 09: Thursday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Reason #142 for Summorum Pontificum
- Brick by Brick in St. Louis
- “Filial appeal” to Pope Francis asking him to hold the line
- St. Patrick’s Day promotion for Courageous Priest – reminder
- LENTCAzT 08: Wednesday of the 1st Week of Lent
- The Feeder Feed: Chicago Edition
- How he should have responded to the “gotcha” question
- I am in mourning. It’s the end of an era.
- ACTION ITEM: Let’s get a custom breastplate for a Swiss Guard. UPDATES
- LENTCAzT 07: Tuesday of the 1st Week of Lent
- CHICAGO: Chinese Food Edition
- GO TO CONFESSION… in Cleveland! 4 March UPDATE! Not only Cleveland.
- Request to readers: towel rack… yes… you read that right…
- Is there an agenda at work behind Pope Francis’ back?
- LENTCAzT 06: Monday of the 1st Week of Lent
- “O, swear not by the moon, the inconstant moon”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Daily Archives: 10 December 2008
At the Sabine Farm some things are going on.
First, I got bags of lemons and avocados on sale. They make an interesting still.
It is very much winter here.
Off to the mail box in … Continue reading
I had an interesting, but depressing message from a seminarian at Mount Angel Seminary in Oregon.
I have edited this and added my emphases and comments.
On the 23 October the bishops and vocations directors of dioceses represented at Mt. Angel Seminary … Continue reading
Over at Meeting Christ In The Liturgy there are some new images of the Solemn TLM celebrated at Mount St. Mary Seminary on 8 December.
Here is a sample:
Solemn TLM’s in American seminaries…. who’d have thought it possible…
Do you remember the discussion we had when a reader inquired about a Christmas gift for a priest? This generated some discussion in the combox and some very good suggestions.
I was just alerted to this the the Catholic Examiner.
My emphases … Continue reading
From a faithful reader HE:
Given your late interest in the KC Benedictines of Mary, Queen of the Apostles — you might be interested to know that they made the purple chasuble Fr. Orr is wearing in these pictures.
This is principally … Continue reading
I was alerted to this sad news.
For Immediate Release, November 12, 2008 Contact: Betsey Guest, 914-941-7636 x2219
Statement regarding Father Roy Bourgeois
The Maryknoll Society did receive a confidential communiqué from the Congregation for theDoctrine of Faith, and forwarded the contents of … Continue reading
Another shot… thanks to His Hermeneuticalness!
Cardinal Cañizares Llovera
Notice the fellow all tricked out in the front, with his little shoes, carrying the Cardinal’s hat.
Ah the good old days!
076 08-12-07 An Advent hymn dissected "Verbum supernum prodiens", with digressions 075 08-12-04 An Advent hymn dissected "Conditor alme siderum"; Fr. Z digresses far afield 074 08-11-26 A hymn to Christ the King dissected – before and after … Continue reading
I might be behind the curve on this, but I was recently directed to this:
A notable event for parishes and communities who want to celebrate the modern Liturgy of the Hours in Latin : the complete edition of all the Gregorian … Continue reading