SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, come here first!
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Wonderful about St. Joseph! “Terror of Demons”
ABORTION PILL RESCUE NETWORK
- The most evident mark of God’s anger and the most terrible castigation He can inflict upon the world are manifested when He permits His people to fall into the hands of clerics who are priests more in name than in deed, priests who practice the cruelty of ravening wolves rather than the charity and affection of devoted shepherds.
St. John Eudes
Donate using VENMO
GREAT BEER from Traditional Benedictine Monks in Italy
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Do you have a faithful Catholic website that needs competent and reliable tech support?
NEW OPPORTUNITY – 10% off with code: FATHERZ10
Fr. Z’s VOICEMAIL
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
Books which you must have.
This REALLY helps! And it’s great coffee (and tea)
I use this when I travel both in these USA and abroad. Very useful. Fast enough for Zoom. I connect my DMR (ham radio) through it. If you use my link, they give me more data. A GREAT back up.
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“He [Satan] will set up a counter-Church which will be the ape of the Church because, he the devil, is the ape of God. It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the anti-Christ that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. In desperate need for God, whom he nevertheless refuses to adore, modern man in his loneliness and frustration will hunger more and more for membership in a community that will give him enlargement of purpose, but at the cost of losing himself in some vague collectivity.”
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
- “The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe via PayPal if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
In view of the rapidly changing challenges I now face, I would like to add more $10/month subscribers. Will you please help?
For a one time donation...
As for Latin…
"But if, in any layman who is indeed imbued with literature, ignorance of the Latin language, which we can truly call the 'catholic' language, indicates a certain sluggishness in his love toward the Church, how much more fitting it is that each and every cleric should be adequately practiced and skilled in that language!" - Pius XI
"Let us realize that this remark of Cicero (Brutus 37, 140) can be in a certain way referred to [young lay people]: 'It is not so much a matter of distinction to know Latin as it is disgraceful not to know it.'" - St. John Paul II
- VIDEO about the Chartres Pilgrimage: Guardians of Tradition
- ROME 22/10 – Day 6: Of eyes and heads and ligaments
- Not even the Council imagined what is going on today!
- Synod (“walking together”) art work was a distorting sham, say the students who were supposedly the subjects
- What do you think of this video from the Synod (“walking together”) of Bishops about the synodal (“walking together”) before the Synod (“walking together”) on Synodality (“walking together”)?
- ROME 22/10 – Day 5: Of chalices and clams and rest
- Card. Koch: German Synod (“spazieren gehen zusammen”) is doing what some Christians did along with Nazism in order to change the Church’s teaching
- ASK FATHER: Convert from Orthodoxy or Protestantism: Which Catholic Church would I belong to?
- ROME 22/10 – Day 4: A stroll and an “I dunno”
- ASK FATHER: Are evil dreams from the Devil?
- ROME 22/10 – Day 3: Of a hairy bear, a column, and a case of littering.
- “They hate the Old Rite because the Enemy has set fear in their hearts.”
- ROME 22/10 – Day 2: Still getting it together and an ASK FATHER question
- ASK FATHER: 1st Communion at a special Mass rather than at a regular Sunday Mass
- WDTPRS 27th Ordinary Sunday: Of ashes, soap and you.
- WDTPRS – 17th Sunday after Pentecost: diabolical contagion
- ROME 22/10 – Day 1: Getting it together
- Daily Rome Shot 578, etc.
- “The Devil, the Enemy of the soul, always tells us what he is up to.” Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium!
- How can the “four camps” in the Church be reconciled?
- My View For Awhile: Romeward Bound
- Daily Rome Shot 577, etc. – Hurricane Early Edition
- Wolves v. Bear, Windswept House, and the Belgian Waffle Bishops.
- Daily Rome Shot 576, etc.
- “This has the logo of the Synod (“walking together”) of Bishops. ” Prepare for a rough ride.
- ASK FATHER: Can a Catholic layman officiate at the marriage of non-Catholics?
- Daily Rome Shot 575, etc.
- I now may have seen it all.
- Ad repellendas tempestates… Prayers for the repelling of storms.
- Daily Rome Shot 574, etc.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
This is really useful when travelling… and also when you aren’t and you need backup internet NOW! I use this for my DMR “Zednet” hotspot when I’m mobile. It’s a ham radio thing.
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Please use my links when shopping! I depend on your help.
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Daily Archives: 26 September 2011
The Holy Father’s sermon at Freiburg im Breisgau: Dear Brothers and Sisters, It is moving for me to be here once again to celebrate this Eucharist, this Thanksgiving, with so many people from different parts of Germany and the neighbouring … Read More
I am always dismayed when I see that a new bishop dumbs-down his coat-of-arms, or stemma as it is called in Italian, with a modern language motto. Of course I and some jocular priest friends suggested some less-often-considered mottos here. … Read More
Over at Coo-ees In The Cloister: Look at this photo. What does it say to you? What questions come to mind as you look at the way these people are dressed, at the signs they are holding? Is there any … Read More
From The Catholic League: SINEAD O’CONNOR—”KILL THE POPE” Irish singer Sinead O’Connor is warning Pope Benedict XVI not to come to Ireland, and if he does, she wants him shot. She warned on Twitter there will be a “f***in bloodbath” … Read More
Here are some recent posts of interest. First, thank you to all the readers who have sent donations and items from my wishlist. I have an open Mass intention on Saturday and will say Mass for the intentions of you … Read More
Over at the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, there is some amusing but serious faux advice to secular journalists about how to report on the Pope. Check it out! Covering the Pope: a guide for journalists Milo Yiannopoulos … Read More
From a reader: I was wondering if it was possible for a natural miscarriage to be a sin. The doctors couldn’t tell me why it happened, but statistically miscarriages are more likely when the mother is obese, as I am/was. … Read More
The Holy Father’s address at the Konzerthaus in Freiburg im Breisgau to Catholics active in the Church and Society. Here is a highlight: “The Church must constantly renew the effort to detach herself from the ‘worldliness’ of the world.” And… … Read More
Can you share some of your good news with the readers? And also give us some point from the Sunday sermon you heard.