First, help each other out by checking “Your Urgent Prayer Requests”
Also, please use my “sharing” buttons on the posts? Thanks!
And just for nice…
Some recent posts, since things are happening fast.
- And now…
- The Way of the Cross – Joseph Ratzinger (Good Friday – 2005)
- Thinking about Pope Benedict – a lenten Friday papal musical interlude
- Lent, Alligators and You
- Putting the Pope and Church bashers in perspective
- Another way to destroy the Church where you are.
- Z-Swag “in the wild”!
- A dialogue of Our Lord and the editior of the National Schismatic Reporter
- Benedict XVI on Vatican II: Council of the Fathers v. Council of the Media
- Pope Pius Clocks (spiffy)
- MADISON: 22-23 Feb – Men’s Retreat (with overnight accommodations)
- Beastly reporting by Barbie
- Tu es Petrus (sniff)
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday – Esau’s “great and bitter cry”
- Ash Wednesday by T.S. Eliot
- Rutler on the Pope’s abdication
- Translating the “catholics For Choice” statement about Pope Benedict
- Bp. Sample’s great Pastoral Letter on Sacred Music
- HEY LATIN STUDENTS! Conventiculum Viomingense (very cool)
- Knox Bible translation to be online
- Brick by brick in Wisconsin – and an opportunity for you to help
- QUAERITUR: What will Benedict XVI be called after his abdication?
- QUAERITUR: Why can a Pope resign? Why isn’t being Pope “for life”?
- The Holy Father’s comments before his final general audience
- A story lost: Who are the new saints Pope Benedict announced?
- ASH WEDNESDAY Pope Benedict to remain at St. Peter’s rather than go to St. Sabina
- @Pontifex Project: Week 6
- The Holy Father in his own words
- Thank you, Pope Benedict
- “Your’re giving up WHAT for Lent?!!”
- Benedict announces resignation and lightning strikes
- SSPX reacts to Pope’s announcement
- Some notes about the upcoming conclave
- Okay…okay… let’s talk about the “prophecies of Malachy” about Popes
- Zuhlsdorf’s Law and the blog
- Some thoughts about Pope Benedict’s impending resignation
- Papal Resignation Breakfast
- Benedict XVI intends to resign
- Getting ready for the FLOOD in Blackfen (“fen” means “swamp”, right?)
- Card. Burke on the application of can. 915
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Quinquagesima Sunday: Prepare for battle!
- Why don’t priests follow rubrics? Fr. Z cheerfully rants.
- Phoenix Legatus Summit G’Bye!
- Tough talk about the Second Vatican Council – not pretty
- The Death Penalty – being “vindictive” in the Church’s Magisterium
- Pres. Obama says he “couldn’t be prouder” of NARAL and Roe v Wade
- Phoenix Legatus Summit Day 2
- QUAERITUR: Orders of women religious who accept later vocations
- Phoenix Legatus Conference Day 1
- Canonist looks at Arkansas’ legislation for churches to determine concealed carry weapon policies
- USCCB to Pres. Obama: your supposed “accommodation” falls short
- Without ladies, you will never have gentlemen
- A great spiritual war is rising.
Many thanks to the people who have sent Kindle books from my Kindle wishlist. Inter alia … I got some material about exorcism that I have been wanting to read for a while now.
I am deeply grateful for contributions through the donation button on the side bar and to those of you who subscribe to give every month. My income took a big hit last month, so the donations are now a bigger percent of my budget. I remember you in prayer and at the altar. On that note, I will say Mass for benefactors on FRIDAY 15 Feb (in the late afternoon). The list of donation button users so far:
As of 15 Feb 21:39 GMT:
RB, CBM, MF, DM, MH, DP, MJC, Fr. LT, DP, AM, HE, TD, MF, JDK, AM, MMcG, AMacB, LL, AP, ER, LS, CO’C, SJS, SA, GC, JMcG, JF, JB, RMcE, JEM, MF, EA, JW, BB, MK, MH, BD, SM, KB, TM, CL, AT, PK, JB, NMM, JW, MC, JEJ, NF, LV, PP, DM, PAL, AN, KS, JP, LL, AM, JN, BB
And thanks to the kind soul who sent the Leatherman and the spiffy rear slide cover plate! Veritas et aequitas! Your name wasn’t included on the packing slip, alas. [I just received a note that it was from TS and his wife and daughters.]
I have another list for books and things from the wishlists, which is not at the moment at hand. Also, some things come in without any indication of who sent them. But the angels and saints know who you are!
I am going to have to go to Rome, sooner or later. This papal resignation and the impending conclave may change my life around a bit. I will put here, again, the waving flag button for donations I will earmark for travel, though I will probably issue a plea soon.